HUMPHREYS BRANCH OFFICE
The Korean National Police (KNP) Branch Office, located at the DES Law Enforcement Center, aims to promote cooperation and strengthen friendly relationship between the KNP and USFK forces by supporting our U.S. counterparts and the SOFA community.
Our branch office offers the services below:
- Traffic Tickets (Checking on current tickets, re-issuing of expired tickets, etc.)
- Background Check Certificates (Applications for visa, citizenship, permanent resident status, etc.)
- Providing guidance on how to file a complaint with the KNP
- Any and all inquiries related to the KNP
If you ever need any help from the KNP, please do not hesitate to visit our office.
We are here to assist and support you in any way we can.
Please contact us in advance before visiting, as we are frequently out of the office due to meetings and other commitments/duties.
MORE INFORMATION/USEFUL LINKS
DUI Policies *NEW*
NEWLY IMPLEMENTED POLICIES ON DUI CASES
The KNP and Supreme Prosecutor's Office have jointly implemented new measures to root out driving under the influence (DUI), as the number of cases has returned to pre-pandemic levels. Nation-wide in 2022, we have seen 130,283 DUI cases resulting in 15,059 accidents and 214 deaths.
EFFECTIVE JULY 1, 2023:
- Confiscation of vehicles in the case of DUI involving fatalities, hit & run, habitual DUIs* and other conditions.
- *Criterion for habitual DUI: A record of 2 or more DUI cases within 5 years that resulted in accidents with severe injury or 3 or more DUI cases within 5 years.
- Custody investigation applied to habitual drunk drivers.
- Strongly focusing on and investigating cases of switching seats, passengers aiding and abetting DUI.
- Increase of DUI checkpoints, especially during summer vacation days.