✪ Denotes an external link
Fort Campbell Retirement Services office provides numerous pre-retirement services and benefit information, to include:
- Change of mission Website - Change of mission is Soldiers with 17 years of service or more. The newsletter address preparation for retirement and can assist with the decision to retire. Go to this website for more: https://soldierforlife.army.mil/Retirement/change-of-mission ✪.
- Transition Assistance Program (TAP) ✪ - Retiring Soldiers may begin TAP as early as 24 months prior to the Soldier's requested retirement date.
- Retirement Application Procedures
- Fort Campbell Retirement Application Procedures
- Enlisted Retirement Request, DA Form 4187 example
- Officer Retirement Request, Memorandum example
- Officer Sexual Assault Memorandum example
- Checklist for Retirement Request submissions to Fort Campbell Retirement Services
- Pre-Retirement Briefing/Survivor Benefit Plan briefing - Attend as early as 12 months prior to retirement date. This is a mandatory briefing for all retiring soldiers. Spouse attendance is strongly encouraged. Hard copies of slides will be provided.
- Pre-retirement tasks - There are multiple tasks to be accomplished throughout the retirement process. Retirement is a process, not an event, and covers the time range between 24 months prior to retirement to the day after the last day as an active duty Soldier. Use this checklist to manage these tasks and stay on track: