How do I join the Army?

If you are interested in the current activities of theUnited States Army, to check out the Army's website at U.S. Armyrecruiting website at www.goarmy.comis an excellent place to find out about basic training, read the profiles ofreal soldiers, and even visit a chat room to talk with Army personnel.

A Soldier overseas asked me for money. What do I do?

Visit the U.S. Army Criminal Investigation Command website at for information on what to look for and how to report scams involving a person claiming to be a U.S. Soldier.

How do I obtain my Records or find Records for a friend/relative who was in the Army?

Contact the National Personnel Records Center at:

Civilian Records Facility
111 Winnebago Street
St. Louis, Missouri 63118-4199

Military Records Facility
9700 Page Avenue
St. Louis Missouri 63132-5100

Phone: (800) 318-5298

At minimum, please include the service member's complete name, social security number and/or serial number,and the requester's return address. Website is:

How do I correct errors in my Records?

In order to get your military service records upgraded/changes, you must contact your respective service Board for Correction of Military Records or fill out and mail a DD Form 149, Application for Correction of Military Record under the Provisions of Title 10, U.S. Code, Section 1552. You may download the form at

Contact information for each board is listed below and is on the DD Form 149:

U.S. Army Review Boards Agency (ARBA)
251 18th Street South, Suite 385
Arlington, VA 22202-3531

How can I obtain a copy of my DD-214?

When an individual is separated from military service his/her Field Personnel File (containing all military and health records) is forwarded for storage to the National Personnel Records Center. The Records Center is under the jurisdiction of the National Archives and Records Administration (NARA) of the United States Government. Their web site is

Does Fort Campbell have Space A flights?

Fort Campbell occasionally has Space-Available (Space-A) flights. For information on the availability of Space-A flights from Fort Campbell,contact Campbell Army Airfield Flight Operations by phone at (270) 798-7146.

Visit the Air Mobility Command Space Available Travel Page for information regarding Space-A travel.

I am a veteran. How do I get VA benefits? What are my entitlements?

For questions on VA benefits and entitlements, please visit

Who can I contact to ask questions about retiree services on Fort Campbell?

Contact the Fort Campbell Retirement Services Office,located at 2702 Michigan Ave., by phone at (270) 798-5280 or (270)798-3310 or visit the Retirement Services Office page.

My child was born on Fort Campbell. How can I get a copy of his/her birth certificate?

Children born on Fort Campbell after Nov 22, 1982, were issued a Tennessee birth certificate. Copies of Tennessee birth, death,and marriage and divorce records are available through the Tennessee Office of Vital Records, at a cost. You may call 866-233-0740 to order those documents with a credit card, or visit to order the documents online.

Children born on Fort Campbell before Nov. 22, 1982 were issued Kentucky birth certificates. For Credit Card and UPS orders visit or call: Toll Free (800) 241-8322, or visit to order the documents online.

How can I obtain my/my child's birth certificate if born overseas at a military installation?

The U.S. State Department handles these issues. For information on how to apply for a certified copy of a consular report of birth abroad, please visit

I am a spouse/parent of a Soldier killed in Afghanistan/Iraq. Who can I contact for information?

Fort Campbell’s Survivor Outreach Services coordinator at (270) 798-0272 or visit the SOS page.

My relative died. What sort of assistance can I receive from Fort Campbell?

Please contact the Fort Campbell Casualty Assistance Center for more information at (270) 798-2000, (270)798-2085, (270) 798-4727, or (270) 798-4729.

You may also visit the VA site at for information on Veteran’s Cemeteries.

I’m interested in the Gander Memorial Service. What can you tell me?

A memorial service is held annually by both Fort Campbell and the City of Hopkinsville, Ky., to remember the 248 101st Airborne Division Soldiers and eight crew members lost in the crash of an Air Arrow DC-8 aircraft as it departed Gander Newfoundland.

The City of Hopkinsville hosts a Gander Memorial Service at their Gander Park on Dec. 12. Fort Campbell's service will also be on Dec. 12 at our Gander Memorial site.

The passengers were all U.S. Soldiers. All but 12 were members of the 101st Airborne Division’s Task Force 3-502nd. They were returning to Fort Campbell after completing a six-month tour of duty in the Sinai (Egypt) with the Multi-National Force and Observers (MFO). This peacekeeping organization, made up of contingents from 10 nations, had been established under terms of a protocol between Egypt and Israel agreement signed by President Jimmy Carter on August 3, 1981.

The 248 101st Soldiers were from 42 different states, Guam and Puerto Rico.

President Ronald Regan and Mrs. Regan attended a Memorial Service for the 248 Soldiers at Fort Campbell on December 20, 1985.

Three Memorials were built to honor the deceased 101st Soldiers. They are located at Fort Campbell, Kentucky; at the intersection of U.S. 41A and Pennyrile Parkway in Hopkinsville (Christian County), Kentucky; and at the Gander International Airport in Gander, Newfoundland.

I’m on orders to Fort Campbell. How do I get there?

The closest airport to Fort Campbell is the Nashville International Airport, which is approximately 45 minutes away. There is no Army/Fort Campbell provided shuttle service.

If arriving at Nashville International Airport, you will be responsible for transportation from the airport to Fort Campbell. You can find information on ground transportation services on the Nashville International website at

Upon arrival to Fort Campbell, report to the 1st Lt. J. Robert Kalsu Replacement Company, at Building 6916 on the corner of Desert Storm Avenue and 34th Street, with the following: leave form, PCS orders, personnel file, and medical and dental records. If signing in between 6 a.m. and 5 p.m. Monday through Friday, you must be dressed in the Army Combat Uniform or Army Service Uniform. Kalsu Replacement Company is open 24/7 and can be reached at (270) 798-2813. Visit the Kalsu Replacement Company page for more information.

How do I log into my government email when I am away from work?

Visit to access your web mail. You will need a CAC reader.

I lost my Air Assault School training certificate. How can I get a copy of my Air Assault Badge Orders?

Information on replacing lost orders or certificates can be found on The Sabalauski Air Assault School page.

How do I get a new or replacement Military ID Cards (Active Duty, retiree, eligible veterans, dependents)

Fort Campbell’s ID Card section is located in the Soldier Support Center at 2702 Michigan Ave., Room 202. For more information on hours, required documents, how to make an appointment, and more, visit the ID Cards/DEERS page.

I need a Fort Campbell phone number. Who should I contact?

Browse the installation phonebook.

Please note: We cannot release phone numbers of individuals. We can only release telephone numbers for agencies, units and organizations.

How do I leave positive or negaitve feedback about an organization or unit on Fort Campbell?

For feedback regarding Campbell Crossing, visit

For feedback regarding Blanchfield Army Community Hospital, medical clinics, dental clinics, and pharmacies, visit

For feedback regarding all other units and organizations on Fort Campbell, visit

I am interested in finding out more about the missions and personnel in the Department of Defense. Where can I get that information?

Visit the Departmentof Defense website at For more information, refer to the Defense Almanac website at: For more information about the Army, refer to the Army Homepage at:

How do I learn more about the 101st Airborne Division's historic battles, uniforms, weapons, etc?

How can I find out more about Fort Campbell and the 101st Airborne Division (or any of its units)?

There are several places where you can find information. For starters, you might want to do an online search; however, is the official Fort Campbell web site. You can also visit Fort Campbell’s social media sites:,,, and

What was Elvis’ connection to the 101st Airborne Division?

Elvis was a member of the 3rd Armored Division while in the service. The 3rd Armored Division was inactivated in Frankfurt, Germany in 1992. Ironically, Elvis' old unit - the 32nd Armored Regiment - is now the 32nd Cavalry and was assigned to the 101st in 2004.

I heard guitarist Jimi Hendrix was a member of the 101st Airborne Division. Is this true?

Yes. Jimi Hendrix enlisted in 1961 and was assigned to the 101st Airborne Division. He served at Fort Campbell, Ky., until he was discharged in 1962.

How do I contact Military Police?

For an emergency on Fort Campbell, call 911.

For non-emergency Military Police Response, call (270) 798-7111, (270) 798-7112, or (270)798-7113.

For law enforcement administrative assistance, please call the Military Police Desk Sergeant at (270) 798-0416 OR (270) 956-4900.

I need help for a troubled Soldier. Who should I contact?

Immediate help is available at any time by calling (270) 798-CARE (2273). You may also call Military One Source at 1-800-342-9647, or visit for available resources. You can also call the Military Crisis Hotline at 1-800-273-8255.

If you believe a Soldier is at immediate risk of harming themselves or others, please call 911 or the Fort Campbell Military Police desk at (270) 798-0416 or (270)956-4900.

You may also visit our Crisis Phone Numbers page for a comprehensive list of services available for Soldiers and Families.

I am AWOL and want to turn myself in. What do I do?

Soldiers who are AWOL should call (270) 798-0416 or (270) 956-4900 to discuss options for returning to Fort Campbell.

I am the spouse of a deployed Soldier. How can I contact his/her unit?

Each unit has a Family Readiness Group. Contact Mobilization,Deployment and Stability Support Operations at (270) 798-3849 to provide the Soldier's name and your contact information.

My son/daughter/spouse is a Soldier on Fort Campbell and there was a death in the family. What do I need to do?

In the event of an emergency, critical accident, illness or death in a service member's immediate family, the Red Cross should be called at once. The Red Cross is equipped to verify the situation and relay an emergency leave request, if necessary, to the proper military authorities. It is then up to the commanding officer to decide whether or not to grant leave.

When calling the Red Cross, please provide as much of the following information about the service member as is known:

  • Full name
  • Rank/rating
  • Branch of service (Army, Navy, Air Force, Marines, Coast Guard)
  • Social Security Account number or date of birth
  • Military address
  • Information about the deployed unit and home base unit (for deployed service members only)

Fort Campbell Red Cross: 95 Michigan Ave, Bldg. 43, (270) 798-2171

My son/daughter/spouse is a Soldier on Fort Campbell and has not contacted me. How can I contact him/her?

The Privacy Act of 1974 prohibits the release of personally identifying information, even to Family members. Basically, that means no one on Fort Campbell can provide a phone number, mailing address or email address for a Soldier or Family member. The Army recognizes and respects a Soldier’s right to privacy.

If you have concerns about your Soldier’s well-being, you may contact your local Red Cross chapter and ask for a “welfare check.” This may result in the Soldier’s commander being contacted by the Red Cross to ascertain the Soldier’s well-being.

I am no longer at Fort Campbell. How do I get my information removed from the mass (emergency) notification messages?

Send an email to and them know you would like your account deleted.

How do I connect with someone I served with in the 101st Airborne Division?

Visit the 101st Airborne Division Association online at

I need to verify if someone is a member of the military. What Department should I contact (Credit verification, etc.)

Please contact the officials at Defense Manpower Data Center (DMDC) for assistance with military verification of Active Duty members. Their telephone number is 703-696-6762 and their fax number is 703-696-4156. You may also visit This system requires the last name and social security number of the military member.

To verify employment, please visit

I need to find/contact a Soldier on Fort Campbell. What should I do?

There is no comprehensive source for e-mail addresses or phone numbers of Soldiers. Additionally, military regulations and the Privacy Act of 1974 prohibit the military from providing home addresses or telephone numbers of service personnel. These regulations have been established to protect individual service men and women from commercial exploitation and to respect their right of privacy.

If you are a family member and are experiencing an emergency, you should contact the American Red Cross in your area. They may be able to assist in contacting your Soldier.

If you wish to file a civil suit against a Soldier, you should contact an attorney.

If you are another Solider, log into your AKO page and use the “People” option to search for contact information.

How do I locate a member of the military or find the address of a present or former member of the U.S. Armed Forces?

Requests for military addresses should be sent to the respective service of the individual whose address is being sought. There is no comprehensive source for e-mail addresses. Even if there were, military regulations and the Privacy Act of 1974 do not permit the military departments to provide home addresses or telephone numbers of service personnel. Moreover, regulations do not permit random dissemination of listings of names and addresses of service personnel. These regulations have been established to protect individual service men and women from commercial exploitation and to respect their right of privacy. Because of the large volume of requests that each service locator receives, please allow four weeks processing time for written requests.

The following information is needed for all requests for all locator services:

  • Give as much identifying information as possible about the person you wish to locate such as full name, rank, last duty assignment/last known military address, service number, and Social Security number.
  • The locator service is free to immediate family members and government officials. Other family members, civilian friends, businesses and others must pay $3.50. The check or money order must be made out to the U.S. Treasury. It is not refundable.

The Army will help you locate individuals on active duty only. Mail your request to:

U.S. Army Enlisted Records & Evaluation Center
ATTN: Locator
8899 East 56th Street
Fort Benjamin Harrison, IN 46249-5301


My Soldier Husband/Wife and I are getting a divorce. What is my next step?

Divorce is a civil matter and you’ll need to seek legal representation from civilian attorneys. Please note that Fort Campbell Legal Assistance attorneys cannot represent you in court.

Consultation with Army attorneys is free to eligible clients. If you have questions or need help with legal problems, call the Fort Campbell Legal Assistance Office at (270) 798-4432. Visit the Legal Assistance page for more information.

How may I get help in obtaining court-ordered child support or alimony from someone working for, or in the military?

Alimony and child support are civil matters, and may require a court order for assistance.

For more information and assistance, you may contact the Fort Campbell Client Services Office at (270) 798-4432 or visit the Legal Assistance page.


I need to verify employment for someone who said they were assigned to Fort Campbell. What do I need to do?

For servicemembers, visit the Servicemembers Civil Relief Act (SCRA) Website at for Military Employment verification.

For Civilian employees, the individual you are verifyingemployment canclick here for Employment Verification Instructionsfor information on how they can complete employment verification.


I want to get a job at Fort Campbell (or with the U.S. Government). What should I do?

That depends on the type of employment you are seeking. You can see all available civilian jobs with the U.S. government by checking the following Web site: USAJOBS is the Federal Government’s official employment site.
Also visit the Fort Campbell Civilian Personnel Advisory Center page for more information.

How is it that Military Police can claim jurisdiction and/or operate off post property along Fort Campbell Blvd. (TN 41A) and prohibit people from taking photographs?

The property line of Fort Campbell does not end at the brick wall along Fort Campbell Blvd., also known as state road 41A, in either Tennessee or Kentucky as some people think.

Pursuant to Article One, Section Eight, Clause Seventeen of the U.S. Constitution; Chapter 110, the Public Acts of Tennessee for 1895 and subsequent Fort Campbell filings made on January 19, 1943 (Montgomery County Minute Book 49, page 57); and Kentucky Revised Statues, Chapter 173, the jurisdictional boundaries of Fort Campbell extend to the center of the median along said route. This means the west side of the road (traveling south toward Clarksville from the installation’s northern border in Oak Grove, Kentucky) is Fort Campbell property, which makes activity there subject to federal and military restrictions/regulations.

Additionally, U.S. Code Title 18 Part I Chapter 37 Section 795 states photographing and/or sketching defense installations and equipment is prohibited without the consent of the base commander. The information can be found at

Though established federal property, in cases such as traffic mishaps and/or violations along the route in question, military police can defer to civilian authority for response, which is usually easier for those involved to deal with or resolve. When MPs become involved, cases go to Federal Magistrate’s Court for resolution. As operational security is a priority for the installation, military law enforcement personnel will respond to real and perceived threats, as well as observed infractions of established regulations and laws.

How do I register a Noise Complaint about helicopters flying over my house or gun fire from on post?

The Community Relations section also responds to noise and training abatement issues. If you have concerns about low flying aircraft or other maneuver issues, you may call (270) 461-1277or (270) 798-4365.You may also find the information to file a noise complaint by visiting the Community Relations page.

My group wants to tour Fort Campbell. What do I need to do?

Fort Campbell does offer tours to community groups when scheduling permits. Requests should be made as far in advance as possible (preferably six weeks before the tour). Please call (270)798-9971 or (270) 798-3025 to request more information, or fill out the forms available on the Community Relations page.

I want to request the 101st Band/Honor Guard/Guest Speaker/Equipment Static Display for my non-profit event. What do I need to do?

To request support from the Division Band, Soldiers, equipment, or to request a group tour of Fort Campbell visit the Community Relations page or contact (270) 798-9971.

I want to visit Fort Campbell. What do I need to do?

Fort Campbell is a restricted access post. For information on accessing the post as a visitor, go to our Visitor Check-in page at

I want to attend Welcome Home Ceremonies

Please visit theWelcome Home Ceremonies page for details, restrictions, and other information.

How can I get more information on Fort Campbell events and activities?

You can visit Fort Campbell MWR online at

You can also visit the following Fort Campbell social media sites:

How can I find an event/activity in the area?

You can find events and activities at Fort Campbell by visiting the MWR site at You can also visit the Local Communities page for links to information on our surrounding communities.

What communities surround/support Fort Campbell?

Fort Campbell has neighbors in Kentucky and Tennessee. Visit the Local Communities page for links to information on our surrounding communities.

I want to purchase 101st items (flags, coins, hats, etc.), how can I do that?

Fort Campbell does not have an “online store.” Visitors to Fort Campbell can purchase items at the Don F. Pratt Museum. You may also find 101st items on a number of commercial online sites.

Gifts and Donations to Fort Campbell

Please note that this information is in no way a solicitation of a donation.

This information is intended to aid those who wish to donate in completing the process.

Please visit the Fort Campbell MWR website for details.