" When our Nation needs a tough job done, they call the Army. "
"When our Army needs a tough job done, they call on the SAPPERS."
-LTG Robert B. Flowers
17th Annual LTG Robert B. Flowers Best Sapper Competition Registration Status: OPEN
Registration: Open from 27 November 2023 to 16 February 2024
Competitors Report/Competitor Week: 16-18 April 2024
Sapper Association Rendezvous: 16 1400-1700 April 2024
Competition Dates: 19-22 April 2024
Award Ceremony: 23 April 2024
Engineer Regimental Ball: 26 April 2024 (OPTIONAL)
Continue to monitor this webpage and the Best Sapper Competition Facebook page for updates. After applications have been submitted, email communications will be sent to the competitors and the Command Sergeant Major listed on the application.
The 17th Annual Lt. Gen. Robert B. Flowers Best Sapper Competition will be held at Fort Leonard Wood Missouri.
Team Composition Requirements:
- Teams must be submitted in an OML by Battalion. Fill out on Application STC Form 3-A.
- Priority for entry are Teams with two Sapper Leader Course Graduates.
- Rank, MOS(AOC), and Branch of service are immaterial.
- Must be Active Duty, Reserve Component, or National Guard of any US Military Services or approved International Military Services.
- Must be in good standing with no pending Civilian or Military Legal, or administrative actions.
- Must have a Sapper Physical (equivalent or more stringent) stating you are in adequate physical condition dated within 12 months. This will be validated during in-processing.
- Complete Application
- Fill out Biography (see example)
- Fill out Hometown News Release
- Fill out PAO/Video Release Form
- Download both SM's Soldier Talent Profile (STP)
- Send application and both competitor's Soldier Talent Profiles (STP), biography, hometown news release, PAO form, to firstname.lastname@example.org
- If you do not receive a response stating your packet was received after three business days, please call 573-563-3201.
- Application must be filled and signed digitally.
- Send each document as its own PDF within one email per team.
- Documents should be oriented properly and organized.
After the BSC committee has reviewed for completeness and accuracy the team will be placed on the OML for this year's competition.
After registration is closed the OML will be vetted, and the approved teams will be selected.
Approved teams will receive notification from the BSC committee with the welcome letter stating approval.