" When our Nation needs a tough job done they call the Army. "
"When our Army needs a tough job done they call on the SAPPERS."
-LTG Robert B. Flowers
14th Annual LTG Robert B. Flowers Best Sapper Competition
Registration Status: CLOSED
Registration: Open from 1 February 2021 to 1 April 2021
Competitors will report: 27-28 April 2021
Competition Dates: 1st, 2nd, 3rd of May 2021
Award Ceremony: 4 May 2021
Out-processing: Afternoon 4 May 2021
All information is tentative due to COVID, please continue to monitor this webpage and the Best Sapper Competition Facebook page for updates. After applications have been submitted email communications will be sent to the competitors and the (Command) Sergeant Major listed on the application.
The 14th Annual Lt. Gen. Robert B. Flowers Best Sapper Competition will be held at the bucolical Fort Leonard Wood Missouri.
Team Composition Requirements:
- The priority for Teams are two Sapper Leader Course Graduates
- Rank, MOS(AOC), and Branch of service are immaterial
- Must be Active Duty, Reserve Component, or National Guard of any US Military Services or approved International Military Services
- Must be in good standing with no pending Civilian or Military Legal, or administrative actions
- Must have a Sapper Physical (equivalent or more stringent) stating you are in adequate physical condition
- Complete Application
- Fill out Biography (see example)
- Fill out Hometown News Release
- Fill out PAO/Video Release form
- Send application and both competitor's records brief, biography, hometown news release, and PAO form to firstname.lastname@example.org
- if you do not receive a response stating you packet was received after three business days please call 573-596-0823
- application must be filled and signed digital
- only one packet per email
- documents should be oriented properly and organized
After the BSC committee has reviewed for completeness and accuracy the team will be placed on the OML for this year's competition.
After registration is closed the OML will be vetted and the approved teams will be selected.
Approved teams will receive notification from the BSC committee with the welcome letter stating approval.
There is not a limitation on the number of teams from a specific organization that can apply.