Marshall Army Airfield (MAAF) provides fully integrated fixed-base helicopter, fixed wing and unmanned aerial systems support for Army aviation assets assigned to, or training at Fort Riley.
- Airfield Flight Operations
- Air Traffic Control Tower
- Ground Controlled Approach Facility
- Airspace Information Center
- Air Traffic Services Maintenance
- USAF Weather
- Airfield Safety
- Airspace Management
- Rapid Refuel Facility
- A Crash/Fire/Rescue station.
The airfield also provides UH-60 A/L/M, AH-64E, CH-47F and AVCATT flight simulators for both Fort Riley and regional Army National Guard aviation units.
Gray Eagle Unmanned Aircraft System at Marshall Army Airfield
US Air Force C-17 Training at
Marshall Army Airfield
Marshall Army Airfield:
- Maintains Airfield to DoD & FAA Standards;
- Provides quality ATC, Flight Dispatch, Weather and Limited Transient Operations services;
- Coordinates all Airfield Activities;
- Ensures compliance with National Air Traffic & Airspace program;
- Provides a comprehensive Safety Program;
- Supports Tenant Units and Other Agencies;
- Ensures Safe Air and Ground Operations;
- Protects the Environment & Support the Local Community;
- Coordinates Emergency Services;
- Prepares for Contingencies & Emergencies;
- Maintains Facilities, Sustain Equipment;
- Inputs Service Orders and Work Orders for Airfield specific Equipment and Pavements;
- Responsible for Local Flying Rules and Limited Use Helicopter Landing Site surveys.