Area of Responsibility
- Medical Retention
- Military Awards
- Additional Skill Identifier (ASI)
- Skill Qualification Identifier (SQI)
- Officer Skill Identifier (SI)
- Officer and Enlisted Promotions
- Officer Candidate School (OCS)
- Separation Action (Unqualified Resignations)
- Compassionate Reassignment/Permissive Attachments
- Conscientious Objector Requests
- Foreign Language Proficiency Bonus
- Special Duty Assignment Pay (SDAP)
- Married Army Couple Program (MACP)
Due to COVID-19, Department of the Army has approved an exception to policy (ETP) that allows for the use of the last recorded Army Physical Fitness Test used to qualify the Soldier regardless of when it was administered for junior enlisted promotions. To view the most current ETP concerning Enlisted promotions during the COVID-19 outbreak, click on
- Enlisted Promotions: https://www.hrc.army.mil/TAGD/Enlisted%20Promotions
- Officer and WO Selections and Promotions: https://www.hrc.army.mil/TAGD/Officer%20and%20WO%20Selections%20and%20Promotions
- Selection Boards: https://www.hrc.army.mil/TAGD/Selection%20Boards
Compassionate Reassignment/Permissive Attachments
- Documentation required for Compassionate Action (Reassignment or Attachment): Department of the Army (DA) Form 3739: Application for Compassionate Actions
Required and Supporting Documents
- Required DA Form 3739, Application for Compassionate Actions, must be signed by Colonel (O6) or higher.
- For medical problems, supporting documentation will include: A signed statement from the attending physician stating a diagnosis, prognosis and treatment plan for patient. If the illness is terminal, a life expectancy should be included in the statement.
- For legal problems, a signed statement from a licensed attorney stating the problem and the reason why reassignment is the better option. Copies of court orders, divorce decrees, or other legal documents will be included when appropriate.
- In cases of rape/child abuse, a statement from police, social service agency, or examining physician is required.
- Soldiers on leave will need to submit their DA Form 31: Request and Authority for Leave.
SQI/ASI/SI Orders/Awards and Decorations
- SQI/ASI/SI Orders Supporting Documentation
- SQI/ASI/SI and Special Skill Badges is submitted on a DA Form 4187, Personnel Action, with supporting documentation to the Soldier Actions Branch for processing. The DA Form 4187, Personnel Action, is routed through the chain of command to the commander authorized to approve and sign.
- Officer Candidate School (OCS)
- Upon release of HRC MILPER Message, the installation OCS structured interview panel is coordinated and conducted. Announcement of dates and times of the structured interview panel and deadline for submission of application of OCS packet is announced on KnoxInfo and the Fort Knox Facebook page.
Foreign Language Proficiency Bonus (FLPB)
Request for awards of FLPB is submitted on the DA Form 4187, Personnel Action, The DA Form 4187 will be routed through the chain of command to the commander authorized to approve and sign with supporting documentation to the Soldier Actions Branch for processing.
Current exception to policy (ETP):
Memorandum, subject: ETP to Maintain Annual Language Proficiency and Foreign Language Proficiency Bonus for Soldiers and Civilians Worldwide Affected by the Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) dated 1 May 2020.