The Transition Center is responsible for assisting Soldiers and families who are transitioning from military service. From normal ETS to voluntary and involuntary separations and retirements, we strive to ensure that the needs of the Soldiers, families and their command are met with the highest professional courtesy and ethics. It is our privilege to serve those who have served our country.
Pre-retirement briefings are held virtually on the first Tuesday of every month. Pre-separation briefings are held virtually on MS Teams on the second Tuesday of every month. Please contact MPD’s Transition Center the day prior to verify there are no changes to location or briefing time. Please contact MPD’s Transition Center the day prior to verify there are no changes to location or briefing time.
Separation Required Documents:
1. ETS/UQR/2-Time Non-Select Checklist
2. DA 31 (Leave Form)
- Must be approved will all appropriate signatres and a control number
3. DA 2648 (E-form SFL-TAP)
- Digitally Signed
4. Initial Enlistment Contract bringing you on AD
- 4/1, 4/2; 4/3
- Ensure it is updated
- In not, the SM must provide supporting sourced documents for corrections
6. All previous DD 214/NGB 22/NGB 23/ DA 5016
7. PERSTEMPO Memo from S1
8. Separation Address
9. Next of Kin name and address (Please provide on separate papers)
Tips for a Smooth Transition:
1. Address all concerns through your unit S1
2. Separation orders will be published within 7-10 business days of receipt of separation paperwork.
- Orders will be forwarded to the unit S1
3. The DD214 Worksheet will be published and forwarded to the unit S1 along with separation orders
It is the SMs responsibility to review the DD 214 worksheet.
If there are any discrepancies regarding the service time, the SM must notify the Action Officer immediately.
All other discrepancies will be corrected at the final out-processing appointment
When there are discrepancies, the SM must produce supporting documents
4. Request Installation Clearance Papers (ICP)
The SM will fill out the request for ICP and the Privacy Act Statement
They will provide a copy of the separation orders and DA 31 to the S1
MPD will forward the ICP to the S110 business days prior to the start of leave
5. Request personnel out-processing appointment
6. Once the ETS/Separation orders are published, the Action Officer will make an appointment
7. The appointment will be the day prior to the start of the SM’s transition leave
8. Appointment days and times will be emailed to the unit S1 for distribution
9. Request Finance Final Out-Processing Appointment
10. The SM must ensure they have all documents on the out-processing checklist
11. If the SM is unable to attend the appointment, they must contact the appropriate POC for cancellation notification and rescheduling