The mission of the TAP is to deliver a world-class transition program for America's Army that empowers members to make informed career decisions that enhances lives, communities and our nation. This program enables Soldiers to capitalize on their Army experience and skills.
Please note: When outprocessing, in order to clear, the following two items of documentation are required: your clearing papers and a signed DD 2648. An unsigned DD 2648 indicates an individual has not completed TAP. If this is the case for you, please reach out to TAP immediately. Your orders are not required to receive assistance.
Transition Purpose and Associated Facts
The Soldier for Life Veterans Opportunity to Work (VOW) and Career Readiness Standards (CRS) mandated compliance.
Eligibility: 12-18 months from Active Duty or 24 months prior to retirement
24-hour/7-day a week Virtual TAP Center
Individual Soldier Requirements for Transition
All Soldiers must meet VOW/CRS compliance prior to the transition date and receiving their DD Form 214.
- Pre-separation counseling
- Resume Writing
- Job Fair information
- Job opportunities
- VA Claims assistance
- Education, Technical, Entrepreneurship Tracks
- Additional Workshops
- Virtual Center 24/7 (800) 325-4715
Value added classes
- Boots to Business –Small Business Administration Workshop
- Business Franchise
- Marketing Yourself for a Second Career
- Finding and Applying for Federal Jobs
- Federal Resume
- TRICARE Benefits (for retirees)
- Seven Decisions before you Retire
- Financial Independence
- Smart Banking and Using Credit Wisely
- Capstone: prior to clearing. Complete DD 2648 (eForm)
- Counselor’s and Commander’s signature (digital)
- If you attend a non-Army transition program (JBM-HH, Bowling, Andrews, etc.), you must inform TAP; otherwise, you cannot be cleared.