WECOME TO JOINT BASE MYER-HENDERSON HALL!
This guide page is your introduction to the joint military environment in the National Capital Region as you get acquainted with the services and facilities that will make you feel at home. You are serving at the center of the nation’s treasure, wrapped in the history of yesterday and poised for the innovations of tomorrow. There are very few service-unique functions at JBM-HH. If a function can be shared, and it is in the best interests of those served to do so, the function is shared. Both services maintain the traditions and unique history that speak “Soldier” and “Marine.” JBM-HH is located in Virginia on the Myer and Henderson Hall Campuses and in Washington, D.C. on the McNair Campus.
The Army continues to implement policies and initiatives to improve and streamline permanent change of station (PCS) relocations so that Soldiers and their families experience safe, convenient, and predictable transitions to new homes.
ASSISTANCE CALL CENTERS
- Army Travelers Assistance Center: 1-800-582-5552, Ext. 5
- U.S. Transportation Command 24/7 Customer Support: 1-833-645-6683 or 1-833-MIL MOVE
- The Army Center for Personnel Claims Support (formerly Military Claims Office): 1-502-626-3000, Email: email@example.com
- Army Personal Property Call Center, (8:00 am - 6:30 pm EST), 1-800-521-9959, Comm 1-253-967-5093, DSN 312-357-5093 or Click here to chat with an Army Personal Property Customer Service Agent.
- Military OneSource PCS & Military Moves has resources and information for PCS moves and Defense Personal Property Management Office operates a 24/7 hotline (833-MIL-MOVE) with customer-support representatives who can provide assistance and answer questions.
- Army Emergency Relief has a Pet Transportation Assistance program to help reduce the financial burden on Soldiers and families during PCS Moves.
- My Army PCS app offers information on entitlements, types of moves, planning, scheduling, and the claims process with a live chat feature and is available for free download in the Google Play Store and Apple App Store.
- PCS My POV helps you track your vehicle during shipment and is available for free download in the Google Play Store and Apple App Store.
- Army’s Digital Garrison app helps you explore all the benefits your Army installation has to offer such as restaurants, events, shops, clinics, activity centers, and directorates. Navigate to on-base facilities, stay updated on local weather, and be informed about gate closures or other important installation information in real time, all from the palm of your hand. It’s available for free download in the Google Play Store and Apple App Store.
- DFAS: Civilian Permanent Change of Station
- Army Installation Directory
- Passport Services
- Communities (Army MWR)
- Relocation Readiness
- The Army increased reimbursement for personally procured moves (PPMs) to 100% of the estimated cost the government would pay a moving company as well as fuel surcharges or allowances for bulky items like motorcycles or hot-tubs. This provides Soldiers and civilians more scheduling flexibility and an option to avoid contact with outside agencies. Note: funded orders and weight tickets are required.
- To enable better forecasting and scheduling, the Army now requires PCS orders to be provided 120 days before report dates.
- During a PCS move, Soldiers can claim per diem allowance for meals and incidentals up to seven days without receipts. If pickups or deliveries are missed during a PCS move, Soldiers may claim per diem allowance for meals and incidentals up to seven days without receipts. DPMO Inconvenience Claims Fact Sheet
- The claim notification deadline has been increased from 75 to 180 days after delivery to identify any loss or damage, with the choice to repair or receive full repair costs.
- Moving companies are being held accountable for their services. The Army posts moving company customer satisfaction survey scores on the Defense Personal Property System customer page. Soldiers and civilians will receive survey invitations via text or email and can complete the survey online. Survey responses provide valuable feedback on both government and industry services that we use to improve processes and maintain accountability.
USMC INFORMATION & REFERRAL
The Information and Referral Program provides information and referral to resources in the military and civilian communities. Brochures, flyers, and guides are available on such topics as TRICARE (medical and dental), Military One Source, USO, active duty benefits, veterans’ benefits, commuting, food stamps, immigration, and more. Information and Referral has incorporated Relocation Assistance and information on child care. Personalized welcome aboard packages may be requested as well as information on schools, housing, Set-Aside Program, county and state resources, and military bases worldwide. Visit the link above for Welcome Aboard Orientation dates in 2023.
RECEPTION & INPROCESSING
The first contact military, civilian personnel and families make at a new duty station sets the tone for the tour that follows. JBM-HH personnel recognize this and seek to smooth the transition in numerous ways. Visit the For Service Members guide page for inprocessing instructions for Soldiers and Marines. Also check out the In & Outprocessing Map for specific locations.
Log into the ✪ Army Career Tracker (ACT) website, click on the "Sponsorship" tab and follow the instructions to complete your sponsorship application online.
The Army Military Pay Office (AMPO) provides military pay support Soldiers assigned to Fort Belvoir, JBM-HH and the Pentagon. Please ensure that you are working closely with your PAC/S1, they will submit the required forms and Key Supporting Documents to the Finance Office for processing on your behalf. Soldier will coordinate Finance In/Out Processing Procedures with the Unit PAC/S1. Visit the AMPO for information about military pay, savings plans, personal finance programs, and emergency financial assistance.
CHILD CARE / CHILD & YOUTH SERVICES / FAMILY CHILD CARE
Click here for information about child care, including Child & Youth Services and Family Child Care.
ID CARDS / DEFENSE ENROLLMENT ELIGIBILITY REPORTING SYSTEM
Visit the ID CARD/DEERS page for information about enrollment of all eligible DoD beneficiaries in the Defense Enrollment Eligibility Reporting System and Common Access Card issuance.
DEFENSE PERSONAL PROPERTY PROGRAM
You can schedule your move, find customer service information and tap into resources you and your family need to master your move all in one place.
RELOCATION READINESS & LENDING CLOSET
Moving is a part of life for service members, civilian government employees and their families. The Army Community Service Relocation Readiness Program is here to help with a comprehensive support system, whether it’s your first move or the last of many. Click the link above for more information.
Assistance is available for Families PCSing to or from Joint Base Myer-Henderson Hall in the form of basic household items such as pots and pans, dishes, car seats, high chairs, sleeping mats, etc. Items can be loaned out for up to 30 days at a time. Linens and towels are not provided.
RENTAL PARTNERSHIP PROGRAM
WHERE TO LIVE
Shopping & Dining
MWR DINING OPTIONS
Jobs & Education
CIVILIAN PERSONNEL ADVISORY CENTER
DIRECTORATE OF HUMAN RESOURCES
EMPLOYMENT READINESS PROGRAM
SCHOOL SUPPORT SERVICES
There's no shortage of recreation opportunities on JBM-HH. Visit the MWR WEBSITE to check out all the options.
Chaplains provide comprehensive RELIGIOUS SUPPORT for the spiritual and moral needs of service members and their families, retirees and authorized civilians.
The INSTALLATION VOLUNTEER CORPS provides resources and training to organizations and volunteers to assess, develop and strengthen their volunteer service and/or programs.
FAMILY READINESS GROUPS
Family Readiness Groups are command-sponsored programs to help bridge the gap between families and military units. They promote the commander’s vision throughout the unit’s mission by assisting families in becoming knowledgeable, self-reliant, and prepared to solve problems at the lowest level. Contact your unit chain of command to be connected with the FRG.
The ⚠ Army Spouses' Club of the Greater Washington Area, a nonprofit organization comprised of non paid volunteers, strives to provide and promote socio-economic and educational outreach to the soldiers, family members, and Department of the Army civilians assigned to, attached to, or with duty in the National Capital Region and to organizations which benefit soldiers, as well as to encourage, support, and maintain interaction of our membership.
The LRC provides shuttle service (from the Henderson Hall and Myer Campus of JBM-HH) between the base and the Pentagon on weekdays. To reach the lead bus driver, call: 703-696-7134, or the dispatcher: 703-696-7132. Click here for the current schedule.
DIGITAL GARRISON APP
DIGITAL GARRISON is the U.S. Army's enterprise mobile app that connects users to a full range of installation quality-of-life services from AAFES, MWR, and IMCOM. Search for the free Digital Garrison in app stores now.
OFFICIAL SOCIAL MEDIA
JBM-HH News is your first source for news and information. Visit this microsite on CORE for local stories and articles from across the force.
ALERT! MASS WARNING NOTIFICATION SYSTEM
***For military and civilian personnel or other personnel issued a Common Access Card. From a computer with a CAC reader installed, click ✪ HERE to sign up for the Alert! Mass Warning Notification System.