ITALIAN PET REGULATIONS
- Italy has no breed restrictions.
- Shelter for pets is required.
- Pets may not be tied up and left unattended.
- It's recommended cats are kept indoors at all times due to disease, weather extremes, and malicious acts.
- Pets must be leashed during walks.
- Pets must always have access to food & water.
- Dogs, cats, and ferrets are required to be microchipped.
- Dogs & cats must be vaccinated for rabies annually. Rabies tags should always be kept on pets. Three-year rabies vaccinations are also approved if it's a valid vaccination. A pet can only be identified by its microship number if it's been registers with the ULSS office. If your pet has an EU pet passport, then your pet's microchip is registered.
- Due to climate conditions, pets must be on heartworm preventative medicine as well as flea and tick control medicine at all times.
PET REGISTRATION & PET PASSPORT
In Italy, registration of all pets is required within 10 days of arrival. To register your pet and receive a Pet Passport:
- PM/email/bring the Vet Clinic your completed registration form (in Facebook “Notes” section) and pet vaccination documentation.
- Schedule your pet for a leptospirosis vaccination, highly recommended for all pets upon arrival (due to higher presence of leptospirosis bacteria in Italy).
- Visit Vet Clinic and follow their instructions on how to get a Pet Passport (for European travel & returning to U.S.):
- Pay pet registration fee off-post ULSS office (map will be provided)
- Submit proof of payment to Italian ULSS office by Caserma Ederle and get passport
- Get pet passport stamped by Vet Clinic
ARMY VETERINARY CLINIC
The veterinary clinic is located with the Vicenza Health Center on Caserma Ederle. The clinic entrance is located in the rear of the health clinic with a separate entrance specifically for pets. Pets are not allowed in the main health clinic. The clinic has NO kennel services. Services are on an appointment-only basis (no walk-ins). There are no emergency pet services available so be owners must identify a private vet clinic in case of emergencies.