You’ll need to register all vehicles annually. Annual registration is also required to receive a new fuel card each year to purchase fuel and oil coupons for your primary vehicle. FYI, you’ll need a POA to register a vehicle on your Soldier’s behalf.
Vicenza VPC in Torri di Quartesolo
All vehicle registration activities (and temporary furniture pick up) take place at the Vehicle Processing Center (VPC):
- VPC Inspection Warehouse: Far right side.
- Vehicle Registration Office: Straight ahead.
- Vehicle Safety Inspection: Immediate left side.
- Temporary Furniture Warehouse: Behind VPC Inspection.
- Borrow transformer & AFN TV decoder here!
How do I get there without a car?
There is a free Army shuttle bus (M-F) that goes to Villaggio, Caserma Ederle, Caserma Del Din, VPC, and CIF. Due to OPSEC, the schedule is only available online with a CAC. You can also get a copy from CPF, ACS, Ederle Inn or your Sponsor via email.
Vehicle Registration Process
- VPC Email: Once you’re notified by email that your vehicle has arrived, visit Vehicle Registration. Bring: ID, SETAF & U.S. license, title/registration, shipping documents, orders, $30 + 5€ (cash is best), & POA.
- Get License Plate Number: To get insurance, you need a license plate number. Registration will ask what size plate you need. Don’t guess! Walk to VPC Inspection to ask staff the correct size for your POV.
NOTE: There are 2 plate sizes: square or rectangular (European size). Your U.S. POV may need square. To blend in better, ask if rectangular is at all possible.
- Request Insurance Card: Call your insurer with your new plate number to set up insurance. USAA will email you proof of insurance. You must PRINT this email (no printers at VPC). Geico will fax proof of insurance to the Car Sales Office (on Caserma Ederle across from Commissary) which you must pick up.
- Pick Up Registration & Plates: Visit Registration Office with insurance paperwork and all other documents. Pay fees: $30USD + 5€ (cash is best). You’ll receive plates and registration. Keep registration in the vehicle at all times.
- VPC Inspection: After getting plates, walk to VPC Inspection to complete vehicle damage inspection.
NOTE: The inspector must give you the inspection sheet (back side of original pre-departure inspection form you completed) to note new vehicle damages. Do not let the inspector persuade you to only note damages that they agree with. There is a specific section for YOU to note damages and a separate section for THEM to indicate what they agree to cover. Disagreements can be handled later by JAG.
NOTE: DO NOT LEAVE VPC before completing your inspection. VPC inspectors might recommend you wash your car first to see damage more easily. DO NOT DO THIS. List all damage before leaving VPC.
- License Plate Installation: You must mount license plates on POV prior to safety inspection. Options:
- If no drilling is required, ask if VPC Inspection Warehouse can install plates after inspection.
- Bring tools to the VPC to install plates yourself.
- Pay Auto Skills Center to install them. Fees.
- Vehicle Safety Inspection: Bring your registration paperwork, orders, ID, insurance, POA and required orange vest, warning triangle, and first aid kit (not for sale at VPC!). Expect ~15 min. wait per vehicle.
- Vehicle Registration & Fuel Coupon Card: Return to the Registration Office to submit safety inspection form and get your fuel/oil coupon card.