FROM MARCO POLO VENICE AIRPORT (VCE)
FOR NEWLY ARRIVING SERVICE AND FAMILY MEMBERS ARRIVING IN ITALY
- Retrieve baggage and proceed through Customs doors, turn right, and walk 25m.
- Military Community Liaison Office is on right.
- The Airport Liaison can provide shuttle schedule.
- Airport liaison will direct you to shuttle stop.
Pets may ride on shuttle if they weigh ~3kg and their cage fits on or between bus seats. NO PETS ALLOWED IN BUS CARGO. NO PET CARRIERS IN BUS AISLES. IF YOUR PET IS LARGER THAN 3 kg, MAKE ALTERNATE TRANSPORTATION ARRANGEMENTS.
Arriving outside of Army Airport Shuttle service hours:
- Proceed to Airport Liaison Office and use phone at service window to contact 24/7 duty officer and ask them to contact “After Hours TMP” team to arrange airport pickup
- Soldier can also contact their Sponsor to arrange pickup from airport. (Sponsor can submit travel voucher to be reimbursed for travel expenses for use of POV.)
- Animals can NOT be transported in TMP (government) vehicles. Please make other arrangements.
FROM ALL OTHER AIRPORTS
If you arrive at an airport other than VCE, you must arrange your own transportation to post (to sign in) and then to lodging (if off post). Contact your Sponsor for advice on local transportation options such as buses, trains, taxis, etc. Reimbursement may be authorized for travel from the airport to post, so keep receipts.
Transportation to Off-Post Lodging
On-post taxi service can be arranged on arrival at Ederle Inn. Please see front desk staff.
Army VCE Airport Shuttle (daily)
This free tour bus transports military ID holders between VCE Airport, Caserma Ederle, and Caserma Del Din. Please check our Shuttle Bus Routes page HERE for additional information.