The goal of the personnel assignment system is to place the right Soldier in the right job at the right time. AR 614–100 and AR 614–200 provide overviews of the personnel assignment system. Department of the Army (DA) directed enlisted reassignments are in accordance with guidance contained in AR 614–200 and AR 614–30. DA directed officer reassignments are in accordance with guidance contained in AR 614–100. The personnel reassignment process ensures that the eligibility of Soldiers who receive AI is verified, travel assistance is provided, Soldiers are prepared for movement, and their departure is verified. Reassignment processing begins upon receipt of AI and ends with the issuance of PCS Orders in accordance with AR 600–8–105.
About the Reassignment Work Center
THE REASSIGNMENT TEAM PROCESSES THE FOLLOWING ORDERS:
- PCS Orders (including amendments and revocations)
- North Atlantic Treaty Organization (NATO) Travel Orders
- In Place Consecutive Overseas Tour (IPCOT) and Intra-Theater Transfer (ITT) Orders
- Soldier Recovery Unit (SRU) Orders
- Involuntary Excess Leave Orders
- TCS (Deployment) Orders
- Casualty Orders
- Confinement Orders
How to get my PCS Orders
INSTALLATION LEVY BRIEF SLIDES
DOCUMENT PREPARATION | Begin working on Family Travel and OCONUS documents (If applicable). Submit Family Travel Documents (DA Forms 5121, 4787, 5888, Sexual Offender Declaration Memo and Regional Health Command Memo as applicable). All other OCONUS documents are to be submitted with your Levy Packet.
- DOWNLOAD | COT Deferment Memorandum Example (.docx)
- DOWNLOAD | DA Form 4036 - Medical and Dental Preparation for Overseas Movement (.pdf)
- DOWNLOAD | DA Form 4787 - Reassignment Processing (.pdf)
- DOWNLOAD | DA Form 5121 - Overseas Tour Election Statement (.pdf)
- DOWNLOAD | Sexual Offender Declaration Memorandum Template (.pdf)
- DOWNLOAD | Regional Health Command Europe EFMP Memorandum (.pdf)
- EXTERNAL LINK | Initiate Family Member Deployment Screening (DA Form 5888) through E-EFMP
COMPLETE CHECKLIST AND GATHER DOCUMENTS
- DOWNLOAD | Reassignment Checklist (.pdf)
- DOWNLOAD | IPPS-A Member Election Briefing (.pdf)
- EXTERNAL LINK | Initiate Member Election in IPPS-A
SUBMIT COMPLETE PACKET AND DOCUMENTS | Once you have gathered all required documents, submit the packet to your S1 for verification and submission to MPD. All packets are processed in the order received.
AN INCOMPLETE/INACCURATE PACKET WILL DELAY THE RECEIPT OF YOUR ORDERS.
ALL PACKETS MUST BE SUBMITTED AS A PERSONNEL ACTION REQUEST (PAR) IN IPPS-A.
I have my orders. What's next?
YOU RECEIVED YOUR PCS ORDERS. WHAT'S NEXT?
VERIFY THAT YOUR ORDERS ARE CORRECT | Are your dependents listed if command-sponsored or going to another OCONUS assignment? If returning to CONUS to a designated place, is the address listed?
If any changes are needed, you will require an amendment. Please submit a copy of your orders along with the documents to support the requested changes to your S1.
EXECUTE AND SCHEDULE | Once you have your PCS Orders in hand, you can execute any portion of the order, such as:
- Schedule your flight.
- Schedule pick-up of Household Goods (HHG) or your Privately-Owned Vehicle (POV)
- Visit the Additional Helpful Information tab for out-processing information from other agencies.
- Relocate dependents to the gaining CONUS Permanent Duty Station (PDS). This will require a Secretarial Waiver to begin BAH at the gaining PDS.
OUT-PROCESSING/FINAL OUT | Installation and unit clearance papers can be picked from your S1 ten duty days prior to your AVAL date.
Final out-processing can be conducted Monday through Friday from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. up to three duty days prior to your scheduled flight. Please note that we are closed on Federal Holidays.
HAVE YOU BEEN APPROVED FOR AN IN-PLACE CONSECUTIVE OVERSEAS TOUR (IPCOT) OR INTRA-THEATER CONSECUTIVE OVERSEAS TOUR (IT-COT)?
MY IPCOT WAS APPROVED. WHAT DO I NEED TO DO?
READ AND REVIEW | Review the IPCOT Information paper.
COMPLETE CHECKLIST AND GATHER DOCUMENTS
SUBMIT COMPLETE PACKET | Once you have gathered all required documents, submit the packet to your S1 for verification and submission to MPD. All packets are processed in the order received.
Please direct any questions regarding the links or information below to the appropriate agency.
- DOWNLOAD | Housing Out-Processing Procedures (.pdf)
- DOWNLOAD | 176th Finance Out-Processing Coversheet (.pdf)
- DOWNLOAD | Commercial Travel Office (CTO) Flight Request (.pdf)
- DOWNLOAD | Tricare Portability Form (.pdf)
- DOWNLOAD | Pet Transportation Primer on Patriot Express (.pdf)
- DOWNLOAD | Pet Travel Brochure - Air Mobility Command (.pdf)
- DOWNLOAD | Pet Cargo Hold Visualization (.pdf)