Sexual Assault and Sexual Harassment are incompatible with Army Values and the Warrior Ethos
The Army's Sexual Harassment/Assault Response and Prevention program (SHARP), exists in order for the Army to prevent sexual harassment and sexual assaults before they occur. Our goal is to eliminate sexual assaults and sexual harassment by creating a total community climate that respects the dignity of every member of the Army family. Additionally, we will:
- Reduce the stigma of reporting and intervene against retaliation of any form;
- Protect the victim by insuring all reporting options are explained and all helping resources are identified to the victim for aid, well-being and the recovery process of all victims;
- Increase prevention, investigation, prosecution of perpetrators;
- Insure victim care is the highest priority capable;
- Increase training and resources to assist community leadership to eradicate all forms of sexual violence and harassment;
- Refine and sustain the most effective mission response capability.
Sexual harassment and sexual assault are incompatible with core Army Values and will not be tolerated. All sexual assaults are a crime and will be vigorously prosecuted. We will foster a climate of trust that respects and protects our Soldiers, Civilians, and Family Members. We are aggressively implementing and expanding the Army's comprehensive Sexual Harassment/Assault Response and Prevention Program. SHARP is a commander's program. We are committed to ensuring engaged leadership at all levels to prevent sexual assault and sexual harassment. We will hold offenders appropriately accountable. It is critical to good order and discipline that commanders retain authority and responsibility for the prevention of and elimination of sexual assault and sexual harassment.
Click images below