The Devens Reserve Forces Training Area’s legal office is currently being staffed remotely by the legal office at Fort Dix, NJ. 

All requests for information are referred to the following: 

Department of the Army 
Legal Office, Army Support Activity – Fort Dix
ATTN: IMDI-JA (Claims),
5165 Maryland Avenue
Joint Base McGuire-Dix-Lakehurst, NJ 08640-5101
Fax: 609-562-5553

The Devens Reserve Forces Training Area’s (DRFTA) legal office’s primary mission is supporting the Garrison Commander and staff with respect to Administrative and Civil Law and Labor/Employment Law matters. 

Additionally, this office has authority to investigate and in some cases adjudicate/settle claims filed under the Federal Tort Claims Act, 28 U.S.C. §§ 2671-2680 or asserted under the Federal Medical Care Recovery Act, 42 U.S.C. §§ 2651-2653 and 10 U.S.C. §§ 1095 and 1095b, for incidents giving rise to claims that occurred within the states of Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, Rhode Island and Vermont.

Federal Tort Claims Act (FCTA)

To file a claim under the FTCA for property damage, personal injury or death, you must complete and mail the originally signed Standard Form 95 to the address listed in block 1 of said form.  The two-year statute of limitations is not tolled until the completed and signed form is physically received in our mail room.

Please note that you will also be required to provide additional documentary evidence in support of your claim, which will be determined on a case by case basis.  For questions regarding what documentation is required in a specific case, please contact the Fort Dix legal office at 609-562-2395 or 609-562-3848.

Standard Form 95

Federal Medical Care Recovery Act (FMCRA)

If you are a law firm representing a Soldier, retiree or dependent beneficiary with regard to a pending personal injury lawsuit, TRICARE or a military medical treatment facility (MTF) may have provided medical care to your client.  The FMCRA allows TRICARE and MTFs to recover the cost of such expenses and this office represents their interests.

To request a lien amount, please complete Department of Defense Form 2527, Statement of Personal Injury, in its entirety to include the full social security number of the military sponsor (not the injured party if the injured party is a beneficiary) as well as his/her branch of service.  Please fax DD Form 2527 and a medical release authorization signed by the injured party to 609-562-5553.

DD FORM 2527.pdf                          DD FORM 2870.pdf

You will also be required to provide the following information: (1) the nature and extent of the injuries suffered, (2) the dates and location(s) of treatment (for both military and civilian providers), and (3) whether the injured party has completed his/her medical treatment.  

Please note that this is a legal office and not a billing office; as such, requests for lien information must be forwarded to the billing offices of TRICARE and the MTFs.  The typical turn-around time is 2-3 weeks.

NOTE: This office has jurisdiction over all injuries occurring within the states of Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, Rhode Island and Vermont for the U.S. Army.  If the injured party’s sponsor is from another branch of service, you will be provided the contact information for that branch.  If the injury occurred in a state other than those listed here, your request will be forwarded to that state’s servicing Army Claims Office.

Personnel Claims

In 2017 Army created the Center for Personnel Claims Support (CPCS) at Fort Knox to process Soldiers’ claims for personal property losses incident to government service.  These claims, known as personnel claims, include claims for loss or damage to household goods and privately owned vehicles during PCS shipment, or while stored at Government expense.  Personnel claims also include loss or damage to Soldiers’ personal property located in government quarters or other authorized locations, caused by events such as storms, floods or power outages.

All CONUS personnel can file their personnel claims electronically by visiting more information on personnel claims or if you need assistance filing your personnel claim, you may contact CPCS at 1-502-626-3000 or DSN 536-3000 or by email at

Legal Assistance

Currently, there are no legal assistance or notary services available at DRFTA and customers are referred either to the Hanscom AFB Legal Office or to the Army Reserve’s 3d LOD in Rhode Island, as applicable.