As of 15 September 2019, the Fort Devens Dining Facility will be closed for renovations.
Contracted meals will be unavailable during the renovations.
Our Mission Is To: Provide assistance to the Installation Reserve Units to improve the overall quality and efficiency to the Army Food Service Program and the quality of life for the United States Army Reserves. To ensure Military Personnel consuming their daily meals stay healthy and “Fit to Fight”.
The Dining Facility is currently closed for renovations.
Dining Facility FAQs
1. Why is the Fort Devens DFAC temporarily closing?
a. The Fort Devens DFAC is scheduled to undergo renovations to become a full food service dining facility.
2. When is the Fort Devens DFAC temporarily closing? When will it reopen?
a. The DFAC closed September 2019. Renovations are scheduled to be completed 1 October 2020.
3. Will the catered contract service will Il Forno still be available?
a. Yes. As of 30 September, Il Forno is now on the approved vendor list.
4. How do Soldiers in Army Reserve units eat while attending training at Fort Devens?
a. Units will either have to give Soldiers per diem for food, or contract their own meals at a local restaurant.
5. Are there locations on Fort Devens to hook up/operate an MKT/CK?
a. Yes. There are 3 locations around building 665 for MKT/CK hookups. Soldiers are allowed to eat inside building 665 (additional DFAC bldg), however, units are not allowed to cook inside that building. Units will need to reserve the MKT/CK spots and bldg. 665 in RFMSS and pick up keys through DPTMS Operations.
6. What restaurants are on the approved vendor list?
a. Lazy Mary’s- Ayer, MA
b. Uno Foods- Brockton, MA
c. Hamel’s Creative Catering- Holyoke, MA
d. LIghtlife Foods, Inc- Turners Falls, MA
e. Great Circle Catering- Portsmouth, NH
f. Creedon and Co- Worcester, MA
g. Il Forno- Littleton, MA
* The above vendors have been approved by the Public Health Activity to bring cooked food onto Fort Devens. Requests for vendors not listed above must be submitted through the DPTMS Director, Mr. Keith Jackson email@example.com
7. Will the ATM still be available during renovations?
a. Yes, the vestibule will remain open for access to the ATM.
8. Are there refrigeration/freezing capabilities located in building 665?
a. Yes. One refrigerator and one freezer are located inside and two refrigerators are located outside Bldg 665.
9. Is there a functioning dishwasher in Bldg 665?
a. The dishwasher is scheduled for repair and should be completed by the end of October.
10. How do I pay for meals using one of the caterers on the list?
a. Government Purchase Card (GPC). Also, get in contact with the caterer and ask for additional information that may be required.