The Office of the Command Judge Advocate provides legal advice to the command and staff at Carlisle Barracks and the U.S. Army War College.  Our mission is to provide the means to achieve the command's objectives within the law. We provide timely, accurate and professional legal support to commanders, staff, Soldiers and civilians in the core legal disciplines practiced by Judge Advocates:  Legal Assistance, Claims, Military Justice, Administrative Law, International Law, Civil Law, and Operational Law.

Legal Assistance:

Legal assistance is by appointment only.  You must be Active Duty, Retiree, and/or dependents with a valid military identification card to seek assistance.  Our office will prepare and execute Wills and Power of Attorneys.  Other services would be for information only.  We are unable to represent anyone in civilian court.  We can assist in finding you a civilian attorney to assist you in your personal matters.

Command Judge Advocate: 717-245-3967
Legal Assistance Attorney: 717-245-4940
Installation Labor Law Attorney: 717-245-4401
Government Contract/Fiscal Law Attorney: 717-245-4655
Legal Assistant: 717-245-4940
Senior Claims Examiner: 717-245-3242

Legal Assistance Information Documents:

Estate Planning Questionnaire

Estate Planning Information Paper


Power of Attorneys

Lease Information Paper

Service Member Civil Relief Act


Debt Collection

Family Support


Uniformed Services Former Spouse’s Protection Act

Financial Disclosure Management (FDM):

2017 Online Army Ethics Training
Determining Which Positions Should File A Confidential Financial Disclosure Report_ A Worksheet (August 2009
Who is Required to File the OGE 450 IP
OGE Form 450
OGE Form 278e


          Important Claims Information


Carlisle Barracks Tax Center: Permanently closed 

Contact the legal office with tax questions at 717-245-4940


Alternate Resources to File Tax Return

All active-duty military members may prepare and file federal and state tax returns via Military OneSource at

Others, including military retirees, may self-prepare their federal and state returns using commercial software available at the following IRS Website