"Guns of Glory"
The 101st Division Artillery (DIVARTY) has served as a part of the 101st Airborne Division (Air Assault) since the division’s activation at Camp Claiborne, Louisiana, in August 1942. DIVARTY was constituted June 24, 1921, in the Organized Reserves as Headquarters and Headquarters Battery, 176th Field Artillery Brigade. In January 1942, it was redesignated as Headquarters and Headquarters Battery, 101st Airborne Division Artillery. On Aug. 15, 1942, the unit was reconstituted as Headquarters and Headquarters Battery, 101st Airborne Division Artillery and activated at Camp Claiborne along with the rest of the newly formed division.
Read more of the history of 101st Airborne Division Artillery on our Unit History page.
COL Patrick C. Moffett
Division Artillery Commander
CSM Amara Fofana
Division Artillery Command Sergeant Major
Headquarters and Headquarters Company "Headhunters"
1st Battalion, 320th Field Artillery "Top Guns"
2nd Battalion, 32nd Field Artillery "Proud Americans"
3rd Battalion, 320th Field Artillery "Red Knight Rakkasans"
2nd Battalion, 44th Air Defense Artillery Regiment "Strike Fear"