The Staff Judge Advocate Legal Assistance Office provides advice and assistance on legal problems including, but not limited to, domestic relations, nonsupport, consumer protection, immigration and taxes. It also offers assistance in the preparation of documents such as powers of attorney and wills. It is recommended that you bring all leases, agreements, contracts, etc., to the Legal Assistance Office for review before signing.
Hours of Operation
The Client Services (Legal Assistance) Office is open Monday-Wednesday from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m., Thursday from 1 p.m. to 4 p.m. and Friday 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.
Client Services offers walk-in powers of attorney and notarizations on Tuesday from 9 a.m. to 12 p.m. and Thursday from 1 p.m. to 4 p.m.
For estate planning appointments, please fill out a will worksheet, which may be found in the Information Papers in the Estate Planning section and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you are seeking advice on adverse military administrative or criminal matters (i.e. Article 15, Administrative Separation, Courts-Martial), please contact Trial Defense Services at 270-798-4417 or visit them at 2577A Screaming Eagle Blvd.
Per regulation, the following persons are eligible to receive legal assistance:
- Active Component members of the Armed Forces and their Family Members.
- Reserve Component members of the Armed Forces serving on active duty more than 29 days, and their Family Members.
- Active and Reserve Component members of the Armed Forces who are receiving military retirement or disability pay ("gray" card retired Reserve Component members are not eligible for assistance).
- Department of Defense civilian employees against whom pecuniary liability has been recommended under AR 735-5.
- Department of Defense civilian employees who are to deploy to a combat zone, but only for matters related to their imminent deployment.
Local Attorney Referral Lists:
- Tennessee Divorce
- Kentucky Divorce
- Support of Dependents (608-99)
- Child Custody and Visitation
- Child Support
- Dependents and DEERS
- Paternity Actions
- Step Parent Adoption
- NCOER/OER Appeal
- FLIPL Fact Sheet
- FLIPL Extension Request
- FLIPL Rebuttal Template
- GOMAR Rebuttal Template
- GOMAR Extension Request