The Legal Assistance Office provides advice and assistance on legal problems including, but not limited to, domestic relations, nonsupport, consumer protection, FLIPLs, GOMORs and other matters. It also offers assistance in the preparation of documents such as healthcare powers of attorney and wills. It is recommended that you bring all leases, agreements, contracts, etc., to the Legal Assistance Office for review before signing. You may make an appointment by visiting the office located at BLDG. 2765.
Hours of Operation
The Legal Assistance Office is open Monday-Wednesday from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m., Thursday from 1 p.m. to 4 p.m. and Friday 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.
Client Services offers walk-in powers of attorney and notarizations during normal business hours (no appointment necessary).
For estate planning appointments, please fill out a will worksheet, which may be found in the Information Papers in the Estate Planning section.
To contact Legal Assistance, call 270-798-0918.
If you are seeking advice on criminal matters (i.e. Article 15, Administrative Separation, Courts-Martial), please contact Trial Defense Services at 270-798-4417.
Per regulation, the following persons are eligible to receive legal assistance:
- Active Component members of the Armed Forces and their Family Members.
- Reserve Component members of the Armed Forces serving on active duty more than 29 days, and their Family Members.
- Active and Reserve Component members of the Armed Forces who are receiving military retirement.
Local Attorney Referral Lists:
- Tennessee Divorce
- Kentucky Divorce
- Support of Dependents (608-99)
- Child Custody and Visitation
- Child Support
- Dependents and DEERS
- Paternity Actions