The Military Personnel Division manages personnel information and provides world class human resources services for more than 5,800 active-duty, Active Guard/Reserve Soldiers and their families in a 25 state area and overseas. The MPD is responsible for a five state casualty assistance center and provides services to potentially more than 29,000 plus retirees and family members. Our goal is to be the best military personnel division in the Army.

Information will be forwarded to S1 as received. S1's should call 410-306-2323 for assistance.

Military In-Processing

Building 4305, Aberdeen Area/APG North

Janet M. Barr Soldier Support Center

Hours of Operation: Monday – Friday, 7:30 a.m. - 5 p.m.

Closed federal holidays and weekends

All Soldiers are to report to the Military Personnel Office at 8 a.m. the first duty day following their arrival. In-processing activities include: Officer/Enlisted Record update, Casualty document update, Soldier Readiness Processing, DEERS/RAPIDS update, medical, dental, housing, transportation, education, Army Community Service, finance in-processing.


Submission of DA Form 7415 Exceptional Family Member Program (EFMP) Querying Sheet is a mandatory requirement of Newcomers. Submission is required even if you don’t have anyone enrolled in EFMP. You can complete and email the DA 7415 before Newcomers Orientation but bottom-line, it must be submitted in order to receive Newcomers Orientation completion.


TRICARE Services

For Humana Military TRICARE EAST In-processing, call 1-800-444-5445 and say "BENEFICIARY," then "ENROLLMENT ASSISTANCE. 

Provider Information:

Kirk Appointment Line: 410-278-KIRK (5475)

Capital Region Appointment Line: 1-855-227-6331

TRICARE East Billing, Claims, Health Plan Assessment or Referrals: 1-800-874-2273

US Family Health Plan: 1-800-748-7347 or visit: HTTPS://WWW.TRICARE.MIL/PLANS/ENROLL/USFHP

The TRICARE Online Patient Portal (TOL PP) consisting of Secure Messaging and TRICARE Online systems will be retired once MHS GENESIS completes fielding. ALL Military Treatment Facilities (MTFs) are scheduled to be transitioned to MHS GENESIS by October 2023. Once retired, TOL PP will no longer be accessible.


Levy Brief

Coming in January 2024


Reassignments (now through IPPS-A)



Documents Needed



DA FORM 5118 (ENLISTED ONLY) - Email to

DA FORM 4036 (OCONUS ONLY) - Email to: 




DA Form 5434 (Fill out in ACT - Army Career Tracker. Required for E6 and below)



Civilian Out-Processing: 410-278-1404; DSN: 298-1404
Military Out-Processing: 410-306-2318/2310; DSN: 458-2318/2310
Reassignment: 410-306-2316/2348; DSN: 458-2316/2348

Out-Processing Survey

All soldiers and civilians are required to complete the in- or out-processing survey to help refine and improve the Total Army Sponsorship Program.
out-processing survey

Civilian Out-Processing

Please contact your individual organizations Civilian Personnel Representative for specific civilian out-processing procedures or visit the APG Civilian Personnel Advisory Center (CPAC) page.

Military Out-Processing

All Soldiers are issued installation clearance papers seven (7) duty days prior to the scheduled final out processing date.

Final out processing date is established based on your permanent change of station (PCS) leave start date or terminal leave start date.

All Soldiers must provide the Military Personnel Office a copy of their approved DA Form 31 (Leave Form) at the earliest possible time.

Installation clearance papers will be released between the hours of 8:00 a.m. and 4:30 p.m.

Financial out processing must be completed prior to final out processing

Out processing is finalized when all organizations have signed: installation clearance papers; unit clearance papers; final unit out-processing and all point of return documentation (OCONUS only)


Building 4305, Aberdeen Area/APG North
Janet M. Barr Soldier Support Center
Phone: 410-306-2316/2348; DSN: 458-2316/2348
Hours of Operation: Monday – Friday, 7:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Closed federal holidays and weekends

Reassignment instructions are pulled from Army Human Resources Command (AHRC) weekly and Levy/POR briefings are conducted bi-weekly at Building 4305 starting at 9:00 a.m. All Soldiers are notified by the Army Human Resources Center and the reassignment section within the military personnel office of the pending reassignment.

Our job is to ensure retention of the Army's best asset - its people.

The mission of the Retention Office is to ensure that only those Soldiers who have demonstrated potential for future development, and have maintained a record of acceptable performance, will be offered the privilege of continued service.

Our Goals:

  • Obtain maximum command involvement in the retention program.
  • Reenlist the maximum amount of high quality Soldiers consistent with the Army’s needs and exceed assigned objectives.
  • Support force alignment objectives by reenlisting Soldiers out of overage into shortage MOS.
  • Access quality Soldiers into Reserve Component units.
  • Provide adequate support for Army Special Programs (i.e. ROTC Green to Gold program and US Military Academy Preparatory School).

Our Responsibility:

  • The Army Retention Program is the direct responsibility of all commanders. The Career Counselor will counsel Soldiers, evaluate the units, advise the commanders, train the leaders and manage the retention program. The success of the program depends upon effective leadership, vigorous command involvement and aggressive retention activities at all organizational levels. Success is measured by the percentage of accomplishment for all categories (initial term, mid career, career, FY ETS, and reserve component). Accomplishment of these objectives relates directly to the quality of leadership exhibited by the officers and noncommissioned officers of the units. Success should be further measured by the achievement of the commander's objectives with the fewest possible waivers, exceptions to policy and movement type options while improving the readiness, competency and skill alignment of the force.

The Casualty Assistance Center (CAC) receives notification of casualty, obtains information, and prepares casualty reports.

  • When notification to Next of Kin is required, CAC immediately contacts commanders and Chaplain Office to provide members for notification team.
  • Commanders must provide a Casualty Notification Officer (CNO) within 1 hour of notice.? Chaplain Office provides chaplain within 1 hour of notice.
  • Assemble, brief, and dispatch notification team within 2 hours of notification of Active Duty death.? When necessary, coordinate with other Army agencies (i.e., USAR, ARNG, etc.) to make notification in distant locations in our (CAC) area of operations. 
  • HRC is advised when notification is completed.
  • Upon notification of a Casualty Assistance Officer (CAO) requirement, CAC contacts MSC commanders in tasking cycle for a CAO.
  • Commanders must provide a CAO within 1 hour of notice.
  • CAC appoints briefs and dispatches CAO for duty.
  • Commanders must provide our CAC timely information concerning casualty matters when requested.

Other services

  • Funeral Requests
    • The Fort Meade CAC processes funeral requests. To request funeral support please refer to the phone number.
  • Line of Duty Investigations (LOD)
    • Informal investigations are completed within 30 days of receipt. Formal investigations are completed within 75 days of receipt. Some death cases may take longer.

      • The Personnel Operations Branch receives LOD from units and tasks appropriate commander to appoint an investigating officer to complete the investigation.
      • Our office processes completed formal LODs with final approval/authentication and makes distribution.
      • Our office approves informal LODs and makes appropriate distribution.
      • Some casualties occur for Soldiers not assigned to Fort Meade but are in the CAC's area of operations. 

When attempting to obtain a Common Access Card, proof of Identity is mandatory

Below is guidance for acceptable identification documents:

  • All documents must be originals, or original court certified copy.
  • All foreign documents must be originals with an Apostille and translated in English. Please contact the department of Foreign Ministry Affairs in the country of issuance or Google "Apostille certification & country" to obtain guidance.
  • All court documentation must be state or county certified stating that it has been filed and recorded in the courthouse.
  • When a Social Security (SS) number is required, you may use a SS Card.
  • Driver's Licenses must have an actual date of expiration.

If you are replacing a lost or stolen CAC, you must present a memorandum from the Military Police (MP), or your Security Manager at the time are seen stating that you have reported the card lost or stolen to them and the date it was reported.

E-4s and below are required to bring a counseling statement signed by their Commander or 1st Sergeant in lieu of the memorandum from the Security Manager.


CAC:  Active Duty, Reserve, Guard, Civilian, Contractor, NAF, and AAFES

Promotion orders, E4 or above (if rank change)

Two valid forms of ID

Enterprise email address if Department of Army ( - not required for CAC issuance

Contractors must be verified in Contractor Verification System (every time a card is issued)

Geneva Convention CAC:

Contractor – must have a SPOT LOA (Letter of Authorization) with the proper boxes checked. 

Civilian – Copy of Orders generated and completed through the Defense Travel System, or a completed DD Form 1610.

Lost or stolen CAC:

You must present a memorandum from the Military Police (MP), or your Security Manager E-4s and below are required to bring a counseling statement signed by their Chain of command in lieu of the memorandum.


Retired Military - DD Form 214 or retirement orders and two valid forms of ID.

Individual Ready Reserve (IRR) - DD Form 214 and two valid forms of ID.

DAV (initial issuance) -- Two valid forms of ID letter from Veterans Affairs Administration stating member is 100 percent disabled and authorizes commissary and exchange privileges along with a DD Form 214.

Dependent ID:   **Sponsors must accompany their Family members at all times. However, this facility does accept power of attorney in the absence of the Sponsor, or a DD Form 1172 that is generated by a DEERS/ID Cards Facility within the last 90 days.

Spouse – Two valid forms of ID (Medicare Card if turning age 65.

New spouse enrollment –Photo ID, Birth Certificate or Passport, Social security card and Marriage certificate with seal.

Un-remarried Widow – Two valid forms of ID (Medicare Card if turning age 65)

Former Spouse – Two valid forms of ID (Medicare Card if turning age 65).

Newborn – Birth verification from the hospital can be used for initial enrollment social security card and birth certificate must be turned in within 90 days

Dependent under age 18 - No ID necessary

Dependent over age 21 – (Student) – Two valid forms of ID, Letter from school registrar office stating full time enrollment (Verification from Clearing House is also acceptable), and the expected graduation date at accredited college.

Dependent over age 21 – (Incapacitated Child) – Two valid forms of ID, Current Dependency Determination* Medical Sufficiency Letter

Other Dependent – (Parent, Parent-in-Law, etc.) – Two valid forms of ID, Current Dependency Determination.

To view the individual requirements for obtaining a CAC card, please click here.


•  ON-LINE:  You have two options for updating personal information online:

Visit the DEERS Web Site at: and follow the steps to update your address, email address, and phone numbers on line. (MUST have CAC or DFAS PIN)

Via the Beneficiary Web Enrollment Web Site at:  This site is linked directly to the DEERS database, so when you update your information via this portal, it not only updates DEERS, but also with your regional contractor. (MUST have a CAC or DFAS PIN)

 •  BY PHONE:  Call the Defense Manpower Data Center Support Office at 1-800-538-9552 to update your addresses, email address, and phone number. (TTY/TDD for the deaf: 1-866-363-2883)

 •  BY FAX:  Fax address, email address or phone number changes to the Defense Manpower Data Center Support Office at 1-831-655-8317.

 •  BY MAIL: Mail changes to the Defense Manpower Data Center Support Office. You must include supporting documentation if you are updating a Family member’s status:

Defense Manpower Data Center Support Office
400 Gigling Road
Seaside, CA 93955-6771


To view the individual requirements for enrolling or changing information in DEERS, click here.

The Personnel Services office mission is to provide professional and diligent service to Soldiers, promoting Family readiness and success to Army units in the APG community.

Awards (USA Garrison)

  • For USA Garrison Only - ARCOM Requirements
    • Submit Award requests in IPPS-A. Submission is required 30 days prior to presentation date. 
    • Attach Soldier Talent Profile (STP)

Personnel actions (Done by Unit S1 in IPPS-A) 

  • Congressional inquiries (PSB)
  • CRM 
  • System Access Requests

Personnel Services Branch POCs

Coming Soon.


All actions are submitted through the unit personnel office to the Soldier actions section for processing. Soldier actions include but are not limit to the following:

-Name Change

-Special Duty Pay

-Foreign Language Pay

-Compassionate Reassignment

-Leave outside the continental United States (OCONUS)

Walk-ins are accepted for casualty documents updates; all other appointments are based on Soldier Readiness Processing scheduled/unscheduled event.  Each update includes a review of the Officer/Enlisted Record brief, casualty documents and individual Interactive Personnel Electronic Records Management System (iPERMS) file.

Updates are required in the following categories:

-During In/Out Processing

-Annual Review

-Soldier Readiness Processing

-Headquarters, Department of the Army Boards (Promotion, Quality Management, Separation)

The TASP is a Commander’s Program designed to enhance resiliency among Soldiers and Family members, and to ensure you receive the services needed to transition successfully in and out of Commands.

The TASP is a Commander's program designed to enhance resiliency among Soldiers and Family members, and to ensure you receive the services needed to transition successfully in and out of Commands.

Congratulations on your assignment to APG - 

Requesting a sponsor is one of the wisest pre-move decisions you will make during this important transition. Request a sponsor using DA Form 5434. Complete the form and e-mail to: 1SG Reed, For APG Sponsorship questions contact 1SG Reed at, 410-278-9819.

Your request will be forwarded to your gaining unit and a sponsor will be assigned to assist you. Your sponsor will contact you via email with information about your new unit, Fort Meade and the surrounding communities.

For more information about the Total Army Sponsorship Program, call the Soldier Sponsorship Hotline at 1–855-528-3423.

Service Members are required to report to the Housing Services Office (HSO) at their existing and new duty stations before making arrangements to rent, lease, or purchase off-post housing. Service Members are further advised not to send monetary deposits for housing prior to contacting the HSO.

(410) 278-0304

Permissive TDY (PTDY) 

Service members on PTDY for house hunting in conjunction with permanent change of station leave are no longer required to report to the HSO on the first day of PTDY to receive a housing date stamp.

The Department of the Army has rescinded the requirement for garrison housing services offices to date stamp PTDY for house hunting. The local Installation Defense Finance and Accounting Agency (DFAS) will ensure that Service Members have procured the date stamp. Please refer to the Memorandum and Military Pay E-Message 18-038 at, for more information.