This course is designed to teach you, the individual Soldier, the Critical Skill Level 1 tasks required to become a Military Police Soldier.
* Advanced Communications and Advanced Map Reading skills
* Crew Served Weapons (M2 .50cal MG and M240B)
* Preventive maintenance, checks, and services (PMCS) and driving the HMMWV (on and off road)
* Small Arms (M9 pistol qualification)
* MP Law Enforcement Operations
* Defensive Tactics and Techniques
* Detainee Operations
* Active shooter response
* Tactical Operations
* Battlefield Forensics
* Company Field Training Exercise (FTX)
* "Rites of Passage" Ceremony
This majority of the training takes place in Stem Village. Stem Village is a realistic Law Enforcement training complex, featuring a variety of building styles such the family housing, the theater, barracks, a snack bar and a mock MP station.
The purpose of this web site is to give you, the future Military Police Soldier, a better understanding of what you will be taught and will learn while attending the course.
· You will be required to bring your clothing bag items with you. You can get a copy of this list from your S4. Clothing bag items consist of the items you were initially issued when you joined the Army.
· Physical fitness: You will be required to pass an Army Physical Fitness Test in accordance with (IAW) your age and gender standards outlined in FM 7-22. This Army
Physical Fitness Test is a graduation requirement. You cannot attend the course on a temporary profile that prohibits you from taking a record APFT.
· Weight standards: You must be IAW AR 600-9 upon entering this course. If you do not meet the body fat standards you will not be enrolled into this course
· TA-50 is not required at this course, it will be provided. However, if you have your own TA-50 it is recommended that you bring it.
· Bring all orders and any amendments to your orders
· Valid civilian drivers license
· Military drivers license (OF 346) with your military driving record (DA Form 348)
· Security clearance: If you have not already applied for a security clearance you must be able to obtain and maintain a secret security clearance. You will need to bring the following with you to the course:
(1) Personal information dating back 10 years.
(2) Where you lived and dates you moved from place to place
(3) Phone numbers of friends, family, and work
(4) Dates of birth for your family members as well as social security numbers
(5) All efforts should be made to complete the EPSQ (SF 86) prior to reporting to the course.
- If you have applied for and/or already have a security clearance.
(1) Contact your unit security manager (S2) for a security clearance verification memorandum stating the status of your clearance.
(2) Copies of any security clearance initiated (SF 86) or (EPSQ)
If you are flying to training you should fly into the Saint Louis-Lambert International Airport or fly directly into Fort Leonard Wood (FLW). DO NOT FLY into Springfield. There is NO military support at the Springfield Airport and they do not have a shuttle bus to FLW.
Once you arrive in St. Louis, go to the USO and they can direct you to the FREE shuttle that goes directly to FLW. If your unit approved it, you can take a cab or use a rental car.
POVs are authorized to have and utilize while at this course. Ensure all required documents are present - registration, insurance, and your driver's license are mandatory for POV usage. For a rental vehicle all rental agreements/paperwork must be kept with the vehicle.
* Weapons of any kind
* Illegal substances
* Pets of any kind
The following is a list of Field Manuals that you can reference to prepare you for this course:
a. FM 3-39 Military Police Operations
b. FM 3-19.4 MP Leader's Handbook
c. FM 3-63 Detainee Operations
d. ATTP 3-39.10 Law and Order Operations
e. FM 3-21.8 Infantry Rifle Platoon and Squad
For those arriving via POV, it is recommended that you stop at the main gate and obtain directions and a post map.
If arriving during duty hours you will report to the unit indicated on your orders.
If arriving after duty hours, report to the 14th MP BDE HQs, Building 11410, Big Piney Road, Fort Leonard Wood, MO. This is where the Brigade SDNCO is located. Cadre will be notified upon your arrival.
For those arriving via plane, the barracks and Brigade HQs are 1 mile from the Fort Leonard Wood Airport.
The Brigade SDNCO phone number is (573) 596-0425. If there is no answer, then call the SDNCO cell phone at 573-842-8930.
Feel free to contact the cadre at the following email address with 'MP Reclass Course' in the subject firstname.lastname@example.org
For information about Fort Leonard Wood, go to www.wood.army.mil
Packing list information click here