Installation In-Processing NCOIC
SFC Ralph Latimer (573) 217-0413




DA FORM 5434

FAQs — In Processing

When does the in-processing brief begin?

Soldiers should arrive between 7 and 7:15 a.m. The brief will begin promptly are 8 a.m. and last for approximately 45 minutes. NOTE: The brief will NEVER be held on a federal holiday, but is conducted on training holidays.

What should I do in the case of inclement weather?

For inclement weather updates, call (573) 563-4141. In-processing will begin after any issued delay (2, 4 or 6 hours after regular 7 a.m. business hours.)

When do I find out what unit I am assigned to?

After the in-processing brief you will be provided a memorandum that will pinpoint your specific unit.

What if I'm assigned to a TRADOC, FORSCOM, MEDDAC or DENTAC unit?

Those belonging to one of the previously listed units are still required to in-process in Room 2105 prior to going to their unit.

When do I update my Record of Emergency Data — DD93 and Service members' Group Life Insurance Election and Certificate (SGLI)?

The DD93 will be updated during in-processing. SGLI is now completed by the Soldier in milConnect.

How long do I have to return my in-processing checklist?

An in-processing checklist will be provided after the brief and the Soldier will have seven business days to complete and return to Room 2105.

When do I report to my unit?

You will report to your unit after updating the DD93 and receiving your in-processing checklist.

FAQs — Out Processing

What do I do when I receive my orders?

Have you S-1 contact the In and Out Processing Office at the number reference on the top of the page to make an appointment for post clearing.

When should my S-1 make an appointment for my post clearing papers?

Appointments can be made as early as 60 days prior to leave starting, and will allow us to pre-clear Soldiers. Regulation requires 5 business days, but post tries to give the Soldier 10 business days to clear.

What do I need to bring to my clearing appointment?

You must bring a copy of your orders and a working copy of your DA Form 31 (leave form) with blocks 11 and 12 signed.

How do I finalize my departure from Fort Leonard Wood?

To finalize your departure you will make a final out appointment when obtaining your clearing paper work.

What do I need to bring with me to my final out appointment?

To clear you must have the following documents:

  • DA Form 137-1 Unit Clearance Record
  • DA Form 137-2 Post Clearance Record
  • Perstempo
  • Orders
  • DA Form 31 (leave form), signed and with a control number (if taking leave)
  • DD Form 93 (Emergency Notification) and SGLI printout from milConnect (verifying coverage)
  • ACT Survey (for E6 and below)