Please note: For confidentiality reasons, the Passport/SOFA Office is unable to answer the telephone when there are customers in the office. It is advised that customers with questions or requiring appointments send an email.
Important: The Frankfurt Consulate does not process Tourist Passport applications for DoD ID card holders. All Passport applications must go through the Passport office on Clay Kaserne.
Garrison Passport Services
- Consular Report of Birth (includes birth certificate, passport and SSN processing)
- Passport applications (initial, lost/stolen, mutilated, renewal and name changes)
- SOFA Identification Certificates
Passport Documents Needed
- Adult Initial Passport - Tourist
- Adult Renewal Passport - Tourist
- Child Renewal Passport
- Report of Birth Abroad - Apply online
Click here to fill out and print passport applications.
- DS-82–Application for a U.S. Passport by Mail (renewals only)
- DS-5504–Name Change, Data Correction, and Limited Passport Book Replacement
- DS-3053–Statement of Consent or Special Circumstances for minors under age 16
- DS-11–Application for a U.S. Passport
- DS-64–Statement Regarding Lost of Stolen Passport
- Police or Military Police report (obtained from Police)
Travel Visa –Contact the consulate or embassy of the country to which you are traveling
Command-sponsored family members and stateside-hire civilians should receive a SOFA stamp in their no-fee passport before arriving in Germany, however, if this does not occur the local USAG Wiesbaden SOFA office may assist. The documentation needed for U.S. Forces members to obtain SOFA certificates for their foreign national or non-command-sponsored dependents include their PCS or TDY orders assigning them to Germany and their dependents; passports and ID. For local hire civilians, contractors and their family members, an AE Form 600-77A is required from their servicing personnel office or sponsoring agency. In addition, the dependents' passports and valid ID cards are also required. All family members must be enrolled in the Defense Enrollment Eligibility Reporting System (DEERS). If dependents do not possess a valid ID card(i.e. children under the age of 10), the sponsor will need to provide a DD Form 1172-2 as verification that the dependents are enrolled in DEERS.
- U.S. Consulate Frankfurt
- U.S. Department of State Passport Requirements for Minor Children
- Citizenship for Military Members & Dependents (USCIS)
- Expedited Copies of Birth Certificates (urgent processing via VITALCHEK.com)
- DoD Foreign Clearance Guide (This access is by government computer only.)
- In the block “mail to” type the following address: USAG Wiesbaden, Unit 29623 ATTN: Passports APO AE 09005-9623. Do not use CMR or P.O. Box.
- Be sure to use the applicant’s permanent physical address (German address or stateside home of record)
- Complete the emergency contact section
- Use full German civilian telephone numbers–no DSN
- Provide parent's given name at birth
- Expedite fees are not available overseas
- If the printed application does not have a barcode in the upper left margin, it is the wrong application – Incomplete applications will not be accepted
- Applications must be printed only on one side of the paper