Reminder: The Garrison's SOFA office is for USAG Wiesbaden Personnel only. All other individuals (i.e. USAREUR-AF, 66th MI) must go through their local unit to receive a ration card.

Please note: For confidentiality reasons, the Passport/SOFA Office is unable to answer the telephone when there are customers in the office. It is advised that customers with questions or requiring appointments send an email.

Important: The Frankfurt Consulate does not process Tourist Passport applications for DoD ID card holders. All Passport applications must go through the Passport office on Clay Kaserne.

Schedule an Appointment
**Google Chrome or Microsoft Edge must be used to access the scheduler**
***(No walk-ins, by Appointment only)***

Garrison Passport Services

  • Consular Report of Birth (includes birth certificate, passport and SSN processing)
  • Passport applications (initial, lost/stolen, mutilated, renewal and name changes)
  • SOFA Identification Certificates
  • Ration cards


Initial and Renewal

Please note: The Checklist and Passport Application Instructions are required to obtain a passport. 

Lost, Stolen or Mutilated


Initial and renewal 

Lost, stolen or mutilated

Click here to fill out and print passport applications.


Congratulations on the Birth of your child!  Follow the below steps in order to process the Consular Report of Birth Abroad and Passport application.

Step 1: To start the process of the Consular report of birth abroad, go to the following website, Click on MyTravelGov in the upper right hand corner.  At the bottom of the page that opens, click on "GO TO MYTRAVELGOV ACCOUNT LOG-IN."  Click on the icon.  When the page opens, click on create account.  Once you have created the account, you will receive an email to activate the account.  Once the account is activated, you can then apply for the e-CRBA.

In order for your application to process correctly, you will need to provide the Wiesbaden Passport Office email address under Parent 1 (enter exactly "" in your online application when asked for the "Contact Information for Parents."

Please add your personal email address under Parent 2 contact information.

Step 2: Once the Consulate has accepted your application (7–10 business days), the customer needs to contact the Wiesbaden Passport office with the child's full name, date of birth, and application number to schedule an appointment.

Step 3: Please print the below checklist and passport application instructions to properly prepare for your appointment. Bring all required documents from the checklist with you to the appointment.

*NOTE* - Both parents and child must be present at time of appointment.


**SOFA and Rations cards by appointment only on Tuesday and Thursday**

SOFA: Active duty proof of SOFA is ID Card and orders. Dependents and Civilians have 90 days to obtain proof of SOFA after arrival. If SOFA expires, you revert to tourist status and again have up to 90 days to obtain a new proof of SOFA.

SOFA STAMPS in No-Fee/Official Passports are the approved solution for dependents and civilians and expire when the passport does. SOFA cards are the work-around, if there is no stamp. The SOFA card is issued to the highest held passport and expires the earliest of end-of-tour, ID card expiration, or passport expiration. It is not transferrable to another passport, and it is illegal to have both a stamp and a card.

Helpful Hints

  • In the block “mail to” type the following address: USAG Wiesbaden, Unit 29623 ATTN: Passports APO AE 09005-9623. Do not use CMR or P.O. Box.
  • Be sure to use the applicant’s permanent physical address (German address or stateside home of record)
  • Complete the emergency contact section
  • Use full German civilian telephone numbers–no DSN
  • Provide parent's given name at birth
  • Expedite fees are not available overseas
  • If the printed application does not have a barcode in the upper left margin, it is the wrong application – Incomplete applications will not be accepted
  • Applications must be printed only on one side of the paper