Supporting and enhancing the well-being while deterring substance abuse of the Total Forces in Okinawa, Japan.
ASAP is a comprehensive program that provides services to active duty service members, Army Reserves/National Guardsmen (while on active duty), family members Department of Defense civilians and Local Nationals. The multi-faceted program is comprised of clinical and non-clinical functions, to include: Prevention Education, Suicide Prevention & Education, Military and Civilian Drug Testing, Risk Reduction, Employee Assistance Program.
- Provide education services, assessments, referrals and short term counseling services
- Increase individual fitness and overall unit readiness.
- Provide services which are proactive and responsive to the needs of the Army´s workforce and emphasize alcohol and other drug abuse deterrence, prevention, education, and rehabilitation.
- Implement alcohol and other drug risk reduction and prevention strategies that respond to potential problems before they jeopardize readiness, productivity, and careers.
- Restore to duty those substance-impaired Soldiers who have the potential for continued military Service.
- Provide effective alcohol and other drug abuse prevention and education at all levels of command, and encourage commanders to provide alcohol and drug-free leisure activities.
- Ensure all personnel assigned to ASAP staff are appropriately trained and experienced to accomplish their missions.
- Achieve maximum productivity and reduce absenteeism and attrition among civilian corps members by reducing the effects of the abuse of alcohol and other drugs.
- Improve readiness by extending services to the Soldiers, civilian corps members, and Family members.
Prevention and Education Training Services:
- Applied Suicide Intervention Skills Training ASIST
- Ask, Care, Escort (ACE)
- PRIME for Life
- Substance Abuse Prevention Training
- Unit Risk Inventory - URI
- Commanders Risk Reduction Consultation
- Provides education services, assessments, referrals and short term counseling services