Prevention, Testing and Education Services
Below is the list of prevention, testing and education services provided by ASAP here:
- Military drug testing coordination
- Civilian drug testing
- Unit Prevention Leader certification training
- Unit urinalysis program inspections
- Drug and alcohol abuse prevention education (military & civilian)
- Community outreach
- National drug, alcohol and suicide prevention awareness campaigns
- Employee Assistance Program proponent
Located in Building 422, Presidio of Monterey Army Health Clinic (437 Cabrillo Street).
Clinical services include:
- Rehabilitation Services
- Outpatient Treatment
- Individual Counseling
- Group Counseling
Appointments/Administrative Assistant: (831) 242-7436
Clinical Program Manager: (831) 242-6963
- Army AR 600-85. The Army Substance Abuse Program.
- Army Civilian Pamphlet 600-85 Civilian Drug Testing, 15 Oct 2001
- Navy OPNAVINST 5350.4D
- Marine Corps MCO 5300.17
- Air Force AFI 44-121
- ASAP Enrollment (DA Form 8003)
- ASAP Privacy Act Information (DA Form 8004)
- Limited Use Policy Form (AR 600-85, Chapter 6, Section2)
- Limits of Confidentiality (DA Form 8001)
Information and Education Links
Alcohol Awareness blog offered by Military Pathways.
Find blog entries such as "What You Need To Know About Substance Abuse And TBI" and "Don't Be That Guy At Parties" Blog entries are pertinent, informative and provided by professionals from all aspects of the Drug and Alcohol field.
Military Pathways offers a free confidential online alcohol screening. Once the screening is completed you will receive results and referral recommendations.
PATROL is an online alcohol prevention program that is designed to decrease alcohol misuse.
Click on the links below for other government websites on related subjects:
- Addiction Treatment Forum
- National Clearinghouse for Alcohol and Drug Information
- National Council on Alcoholism and Drug Dependence
- National Institute on Alcohol Abuse and Alcoholism (NIAAA)
Suicide Prevention Program
If you or someone you know is feeling suicidal, please don’t be afraid to reach out for help. Tell a trusted friend or family member. Tell your doctor or chaplain. Make a call. You don’t need to suffer in silence.
National Suicide Prevention Hotline: 1-800-273-TALK (8255) or dial 988
National Suicide Prevention Text Message Hotline: 838255
POM On-Call Chaplain ARMY, NAVY, MARINES: 831-887-8551
POM On-Call Chaplain AIR FORCE: 831-747-7375
Community Hospital of the Monterey Peninsula (CHOMP): 831-625-4945 or 4900
Suicide Prevention of the Central Coast: 1-877-ONE-LIFE (663-5433)
Employee Assistance Program (non-emergency): 831-887-8925
ASAP is the proponent for the Army Suicide Prevention Program. Annual suicide prevention training is provided by request to military units and Army civilian agencies.
For questions about the Suicide Prevention Program at the Presidio of Monterey, call
(831) 242-6810 or (831) 242-6805.
For more information about the Army Suicide Prevention Program: http://www.armyg1.army.mil/HR/suicide/default.asp
Substance Abuse Programs
The links in this section are provided as a courtesy; these sites are neither endorsed nor maintained by the U.S. Government.
- Adult Children of Alcoholics website
- Monterey Bay Area Intergroup of AA
- Central Coast Central Office Intergroup AA
- AA Central Offices, Intergroups for U.S. and Canada
- The Official AA Site
- Al-Anon/Alateen Homepage
- Al-Anon/Alateen of Monterey County
- Alateen Homepage
- Narcotics Anonymous Homepage
- Narcotics Anonymous in Monterey
- Gamblers Anonymous
- Overeaters Anonymous Homepage
- Overeaters Anonymous in Monterey
- Rational Recovery Website