Good to know
According to Federal law, Dept. of Defense and Army Regulations, all employees and contractors must be aware of:
- what records they create
- who is authorized access
- how to file and where to keep
- how long to keep before destruction (some records are never destroyed)
- what to do with non-record and personal material
- what to do with the records when you leave your position
What are the benefits of records management?
Veterans & Family members can request Military Service Records:
The Records & Information Manager (RIM) supports the Fort Leavenworth Garrison in the following areas:
- Assist internal offices to create & maintain a Records Management Program (RMP) according to Army Records Information Management System (ARIMS).
VIEW RMP TRAINING SOURCES.
- Track and update their office symbols
- Provide guidance for their publication / printing mission and create official forms.
Learn more about Federal, DoD & Army records management, office symbols, publishing, printing & official forms by viewing this HELPFUL LINKS PDF.