Plans & Operations Division
To provide exceptional deployment support and emergency contingency planning to the Soldiers, Civilians, and contractors of the Fort Knox installation through teamwork, responsiveness, and resourcefulness.
The mission of the Plans and Operations Division is to plan and execute efficient deployment, redeployment, and manifest operations while providing commanders with qualified individuals to support their operational missions and the development of comprehensive and effective contingency plans for the Directorate of Human Resources (DHR) to support the Garrison Commander’s ability to manage deployment and emergency situations.
Services provided include:
- Planning, installation staff agency coordination, and execution of Soldier Readiness Processing (SRP) and Reverse Soldier Readiness Processing (RSRP) for Active Duty, Reserve Component, and National Guard units, individual Soldiers, Department of the Army Civilians and contract personnel.
- Oversee operations of the SRP facility.
- Validate deployment and redeployment processing requirements.
- Provide planning and execution for deployment manifest operations.
- Functions as the installation level system administrators for various web-based deployment and emergency management systems.
- Manages the installation deployment tracking database.
- Publish Temporary Change of Station (TCS) orders no earlier than 60 days prior to deployment for Soldiers assigned to the Fort Knox installation.
- Army Disaster Personnel Accountability and Assessment System (ADPAAS) Command Officer Representative (COR) for the Garrison Commander
- Development of contingency plans for personnel accountability for the DHR.
Plans and Operation conducts SRP for scheduled unit rotations and contingency planning and operations:
1. Predeployment SRP: Used for unit commanders to identify non-deployable issues in advance so it can be resolved prior to deployment SRP. Units designated as deployment expeditionary force (DEF) will complete pre-deployment SRP for 100% of all assigned personnel by the latest arrival date (LAD) minus 180 days or 30 days before a collective training exercise, whichever is earlier. Units designated as contingency expeditionary force (CEF) will complete pre-deployment SRP for 100% of all assigned personnel by the available force pool date (AFPD) minus 180 days or 30 days before a collective training exercise, whichever is earlier.
2. Deployment SRP: Designed to identify the readiness status of Soldiers and civilians to function as a capable part of the Army force as well as their deployability. All deploying units, individual Soldiers, civilians, and contractor personnel are required to conduct deployment SRP. Deployment SRP for DEF units will be conducted NET 60 days of LAD. Units in a CEF status will complete deployment SRP immediately upon designation as a DEF unit if they are within 60 days of their LAD.
Soldiers on individual taskings will report to building 2020, room 101 no earlier than 60 days prior to their scheduled report date to the Fort Bliss CONUS Replacement Center (CRC) or gaining unit as identified on the tasking.
Soldiers scheduled to report to Fort Bliss are encouraged to visit the CRC Website at https://www.bliss.army.mil/CRC to find up to date information, such as packing lists, prior to their arrival.
All Soldiers are required to complete RSRP immediately upon redeployment. Units will process RSRP in accordance with Fort Knox Regulation 600-8-101. Individual redeploying Soldiers will report to building 2020, room 101 on the first duty day after returning to Fort Knox. Reverse SRP must be completed within 10 days and prior to any post deployment leave.