PCS Video Information Library


In-Processing Section

Soldiers Readiness Branch
Bldg 108, Inner Loop and 1st Street
Fort Irwin, CA 92310

Mailing Address

Soldiers Readiness Branch
P.O. Box 105099
Fort Irwin, CA 92310


Customer Service (760) 380-8901
NTC Replacement (760) 380-4747
In-Processing (760) 380-4747 /3099 /5135 /3274
Fax (760) 380-2195

Office Hours

0900 - 1200 & 1300 - 1530 Monday, Wednesday, Friday
1300-1600 Tuesday, Thursday
Closed for lunch 1200 - 1300 
Closed All Federal Holidays

Take the In-Processing Survey

Updating your DD Form 93/SGLV 8286:

The following information is required to update your Record of Emergency Data (DD Form 93), and Service members’ Group Life Insurance Election and Certificate (SGLV Form 8286):

Names, Physical Address and Telephone Numbers of ALL family members to include but not limited to:
Any other person you want included in the above document.



Soldiers required to update their Enlisted Records Brief (ERB) or Officer Records Brief (ORB) will bring all supporting documents to include:

_____Deployment Orders with any Attachments
_____DA Form 87- Certificate of Training
_____DA Form 1059- Service School Academic Evaluation Report
_____Certificates of Completion
_____Awards Certificates and/or DA Form 638- Recommendation for Award
_____Any MILPER Messages awarding unit awards or service awards
_____All NCOERs / OERs
_____Correspondence Course History Printout and/or Certificates
_____College Transcript- Sealed or a memorandum from the Education Center 
showing total number of hours completed
_____Miscellaneous documents showing proof of an update to record brief

DA 1506

If a Soldier is coming from Reserve or National Guard, or Prior Service coming on to Active Duty, most likely they will need a DA 1506- Computation of Service. The below list of documents are used to calculate your creditable service time and dates. Pay Entry Basic Date (PEBD), Basic Active Service Date (BASD) and Date of Rank (DOR) (Some documents may or may not apply)

DD FORM 214: Certificate of Release of Discharge from Active Duty - From ALL periods of prior service from any branch of service

DA FORM 1059s: Service School Academic Report

TDY Orders: Temporary Duty Orders - Credit for active duty while in Reserve / National Guard Units

LEAVE AND EARNING STATEMENT (LES): Indicating Active Duty Block time in Remarks Section. must have the beginning date and end date of active duty period.

DD FORM 4/1, DD FORM 4/2 and DD FORM 4/3 (if Soldier has no prior service): Enlistment Contracts

DD Form 368: Request for Conditional Release from Reserve or Guard Components

DA FORM 4187: Personnel Action request to enlist in the Regular Army

NGB FORM 22: Report of Separation and Record of Service

NGB FORM 23: Army National Guard Retirement Points History Statement

PROMOTION ORDERS: Orders promoting Soldier to current grade

FOR OFFICERS ONLY: **Add the following to the list above

1st Contract and any Annex’s for special programs such as SMP, HPSP, etc.
1st Oath of Office and any other Oaths that the Soldier has taken
1st Order Commissioning Officer to Active Duty


National Personnel Records Center- (314) 801-0800

Documents may be in Military Personnel File (MPF)

Access through Army Knowledge Online (AKO) accounts

Self Service
My Personnel
View your entire Official Military Personnel File (OMPF)

Access www.hrc.army.mil website

My Record Portal
Login with AKO Login or CAC
Select Reserve/National Guard Record
Print documents from OMPF, points detail, etc. from this area