Can't find the information you're looking for? Find contact information for various directorates, staff offices and services on the garrison Phone Book page.

Can't find the office you're looking for? The government operator available at (808) 449-7110 can direct you to any office on any military installation in Hawaii.

Trying to reach a military unit? Visit the unit's website for unit-specific contact details.

Additional ways of contacting the garrison are available on our Contact Us page.

What are the on-post child supervision rules?

Children less than 7 years old cannot be left unsupervised at bus stops, public facilities, residences, in vehicles or recreational areas, and they cannot walk to school alone.

For more details, see Policy 12: Child Supervision Policy for Army Installations on Hawaii or additional garrison policies at

Report child neglect to the Military Police at (808) 655-5555 or (808) 438-7114.

What are the requirements for commercial/private businesses to operate on post?

Army Regulation 210-07 requires a commercial solicitation permit to conduct business or sales (Avon, Tupperware, household goods, sale of insurance, etc.) on Army installations. No person may enter Army installations and transact business without this permit.

Permission must be granted by the garrison commander. Apply for the permit at the Commercial Solicitation Office; Directorate of Family and Morale, Welfare and Recreation.

Family members of active duty Soldiers residing in government quarters who are requesting to operate a home-based business must submit a formal request through the appropriate housing community center. For more information, call (808) 656-0083.

What are the requirements to have a private organization on post?

Private organizations or individuals desiring to establish a private organization on a military installation are required to obtain the approval of the garrison commander.

Once established in accordance with Army Regulation 210-22, these organizations are required to submit selected documentation (meeting minutes, financial statements, audits, federal and state tax exemption, liability insurance, etc.) on a quarterly basis. Failure to submit the required documents may result in withdrawal of the operating permit.

Private organizations are reminded of the State of Hawaii tax exemption requirement (Form G-6), which should be forwarded with all other documentation. Apply for the Private Organization Approval Notice permit in person at Directorate of Family and Morale, Welfare and Recreation. For more information, call (808) 656-0083.

Is there an installation dress code policy?

U.S. Army Garrison Hawaii has a standard of dress that aligns with Army values, both in and out of uniform, and on the installation.

All persons who frequent U.S. Army Garrison Hawaii installations, to include dependents, retirees, civilian employees, contractors and civilian guests, will ensure that their dress and personal appearance are conservative and commensurate with the high standards traditionally associated with the U.S. Army.


Am I allowed to fly a drone on post?

No; privately owned unmanned aerial vehicles, or UAVs, and/or drones are not authorized to be flown over any U.S. Army installations.

Furthermore, any UAV/drone flights within five miles of Wheeler Army Airfield must be coordinated at least 24 hours in advance. For more information, contact the air traffic and airspace officer at (808) 656-9801.

How do I prepare for a hurricane?

The annual hurricane season in Hawaii begins June 1 and extends through Nov. 30 each year, but hurricanes could hit Hawaii at any time. For more information, visit Fact Sheet.pdf.

How do I prepare for a flood?

Flooding is the most common natural disaster and can occur anywhere. Flooding can be localized in a neighborhood or widespread. Floods can develop in a period of days or a matter of minutes. For more information, visit Fact Sheet.pdf.

How do I know there is an emergency on post?

Emergency alerts are posted in garrison social media venues and sent out as alerts via the Alert! system. Emergency messages may also be placed on this website and on-post marquees, or sent through Big Voice loudspeakers and housing email and phone number lists. For more information, visit our Emergency Management program website.

Can guests use Army fitness centers and gyms?

Active duty Soldiers, retirees and their spouses are allowed a guest in the physical fitness centers. The guest must be in the presence of and be supervised by their sponsor. Guests are not authorized during weekday physical training, or PT, hours. Visit for more information.

How do I properly dispose of American flags?

The public can drop off the flags at any of the following locations: VFW posts, Elks Lodges, the Punchbowl Memorial of the Pacific and American Legion Department of Hawaii.

How do I get on post?

Information about entry requirements can be found on the Visitor Information page.

For Soldiers and families relocating to Hawaii, temporary lodging and housing is available both on and off post.

Visit the Army Housing Online User Services website for more information on Army Family Housing, Residential Community Initiative Housing, Housing Services Office, and Unaccompanied Personnel Housing.

The Army's on post housing partner is Island Palm Communities . Other on post housing partners on island include Hickam Communities , Ohana Navy Communities⚠ and Marine Corps Communities .

Please note some Army housing areas are not on installations or areas that are guarded 24/7. These include Aliamanu Military Reservation, Helemano Military Reservation, Mendonca Park (near Schofield Barracks) and Red Hill.

If you and your family are interested in living off-post, you can search for available rental properties at

What are the requirements to obtain a new ID card?

Refer to Army Regulation 600-8-14: Identification Cards for Members of the Uniformed Services, the Eligible Family Members, and Other Eligible Personnel; for a complete listing of eligibility requirements, documentation and ID requirements for obtaining a new or a replacement ID card.

For further information on obtaining an ID card, making an appointment for an ID card or replacing a lost or stolen ID card, visit the DEERS/ID Cards webpage.

The Kolekole Hiking Trail is open on select weekends when there is no live-fire training going on. For more information on hiking on Army installations call (808) 655-1434 or visit the Hiking webpage.

When my spouse deploys, will maintenance assist with yard work?

Island Palm Communities has a Deployment Care Package. Among the benefits is lawn mowing of fenced backyards every other week. Visit the Island Palm Communities website and click on Deployment Care Package under the Resident Programs tab for more details.

Who is responsible for cutting grass on post?

The Directorate of Public Works is responsible for cutting all grass on post except for facilities occupied by non-Army tenants.

What is the process and timeline to repair potholes?

If a pothole is within an Island Palm Communities neighborhood, contact your community center, and staff will submit request for maintenance. Repair time varies based on subcontractor availability.

Contact the Directorate of Public Works, or DPW, for potholes outside Island Palm Communities neighborhoods. DPW repairs potholes as a priority-2 work.

All non-emergency DMO requests, whether urgent or routine, should be submitted via the Army Maintenance Application (ArMA) at

Where can I make a noise complaint?

You can report noise concerns to the Army by calling (808) 656-3487 or by sending an email. In the message of the email, please include your name, preferred contact method (email or phone) and details about the incident. Include the date, time, location and type of aircraft, if possible.

Someone from the garrison's community relations team will contact you about your concern during regular business hours, Monday-Friday, 8 a.m.-4 p.m.

Did you know the garrison publishes monthly training advisories, which include upcoming training that may be heard by surrounding communities?

To report unsafe flight incidents, please call the FAA Honolulu Flight Standards District Office at (808) 837-8300.

To reach a 24-hour operator at the statewide Airport Hotline, call (888) 697-7813.

Can I have a pet on post?

Pet policies are available at the Command Publications webpage. Information about veterinary treatment facilities on post is available at

Is there a dog park available on post?

Island Palm Communities operates several dog parks on post. Visit for a searchable amenity map.

Mililani Dog Park is an off-leash dog park at Mililani Mauka District Park at Park & Ride, 95-1069 Ukuwai St., open during daylight hours every day, except Wednesday morning when it's closed for maintenance.

Dogs are allowed at Iliahi Neighborhood Park, 2021 California Ave., Wahiawa, if they are on a leash.

Can Soldiers wear the physical fitness uniform in the Exchange and Commissary?

The policy that addresses standards of dress and prohibited attire for all patrons of U.S. Army Garrison Hawaii and tenant facilities, states the wearing of physical training, or PT, uniforms is not authorized, except in dining facilities when scheduled PT prevents the Soldier from being able to attend breakfast and when going through the fast food line, Monday-Friday, to pick up and take out breakfast.

For more details, visit the Command Publications page.

Where can units conduct physical fitness training?

Soldiers are permitted to conduct physical training, or PT, throughout the installation; however, when doing so in close proximity to housing, schools, etc., Soldiers must avoid loud and disruptive behavior.

Additionally, running either as an individual or in formation on garrison streets is restricted to approved run routes.

For more details, visit the Command Publications page.

Where can units sing cadence?

Units may call cadence but not when jogging along main thoroughfares, streets and other areas where housing is located on both sides of the street, unless a written exception is granted by the garrison commander.

The calling of cadence will not begin prior to 6:30 a.m. and the use of vulgar or derogatory cadence or language is never authorized.

For more details, visit the Command Publications page.

How are rates determined for School Age Services programs?

Rates for School Age Services are determined according to the number of hours a program provides services. The garrison School Age Program provides the Department of Army with specific hours of operation. These hours are used to determine the cost of care for our program in Hawaii. Holidays and vacation days are also weighted to determine a monthly fee for the school year.

During the summer, full-day fees are applied for weekly camps. Visit for more information.

Who can I talk to about becoming a food vendor on post?

Contact Army and Air Force Exchange Services at (808) 423-7885.

Comments (negative or positive) and questions can be submitted using the Interactive Customer Evaluation, or ICE, system.