Welcome! Our mission is to ensure enrollment in the Defense Enrollment Eligibility Reporting System (DEERS), and provide common access cards (CAC) and/or official identification cards to Soldiers, family members, retirees as well as civilian and contract employees working within the Pacific Rim.

To schedule an appointment, visit https://idco.dmdc.osd.mil/idco/locator.

The DEERS/Rapids system will not produce a new common access card or identification card without first scanning two forms of identification with a current photograph into the data base maintained by the Defense Manpower Data Center in Alexandria, Virginia.

Sponsors and adult family members, including children over age 18, must bring two forms of ID.

  1. A valid (unexpired) state or federal government-issued picture ID.
  2. Your soon-to-expire DoD ID card or any ID from the List of Acceptable Documents.

NOTE: Local badges will NOT be accepted as a valid form of ID during the DoD ID card issuance process.

Review this Memorandum for ID Card Customers and download this Lost/Stolen Incident Report for CAC/ID Cards and bring the form with you to the ID Card Office during your scheduled or walk-in appointment.


Walk-In/Stand-By Customers: Walk-in customers will be accepted on the following priority basis: (1) Non-PSDR Soldiers & DA Civilians/Contractors requiring immediate CAC access for official duties; (2) Retired & Family Members; (3) PSDR Soldiers with an expired or damaged CAC.

Lost/Stolen/Destroyed ID Card - Family Members: DD Form 1172-2 (signed by the Sponsor) serves as the supporting documentation for lost/stolen ID report. If the Sponsor is not present, valid General Power of Attorney and Lost/Stolen Incident Report are required.

Lost/Stolen/Destroyed CAC - Military Members: A Lost / Stolen Incident Report for CAC or Counseling Statement from the Soldier's First Sergeant or Supervisor (E7 & above) describing the date, place, and circumstances of the loss or theft.

Lost/Stolen/Destroyed CAC - DOD/DA Civilians: A Letter or Memorandum for Record signed by the Supervisor describing the date, place and circumstances of the lost or theft which can be typed on the activity's letterhead.

Lost/Stolen/Destroyed CAC - DOD Contractors: A Letter or Memorandum for Record signed by the Supervisor or CVS Trusted Agent describing the date, place and circumstances of the loss or theft which can be typed on the activity's letterhead.

Lost/Stolen ID Card - Retired Member: Retiree must fill out the Lost/Stolen Incident Report describing the date, place and circumstances of the lost or theft in the DEERS office. DEERS Site Security Manager will sign the form to validate the lost card. PMO stamp is no longer required.

If your sponsor isn't available for your appointment, there are two options available for your convenience:

  • Option 1: Have your sponsor come into our office up to 90 days before your appointment and fill out a DD 1172-2.
  • Option 2: Have a valid Special Power of Attorney from your sponsor for DEERS/ID card privileges. For more information about how you can obtain a power of attorney, visit the Consolidated Legal Center webpage

Either of these options will allow you to complete your DEERS transactions or have an ID card issued without your sponsor being present!

In order for a foreign document to used by DEERS, the document must be authenticated through a US Embassy with an Apostille or Certified Legislation signed by a U.S. Consular.

Also, all documents must be translated to English.

  • Apostille: The Apostille is a specialized certificate that is attached to your foreign document that shows it's legitimate.
  • Legalisation: Legalisation makes your foreign document suitable for use in the US. the U.S. Consular from the Embassy from the country of Issuance has this power. For example, if your birth certificate is from a country not in the Apostille Convention, such as Jamaica, you'll need to get your document Legalized.

Available when the ID card holder is incapable of shopping at the exchange or commissary due to extreme hardship. Schedule an appointment with our agent officer at (808) 655-8840.

There is no way to reset your CAC PIN remotely. Resetting your PIN requires confirmation of your biometrics by matching your fingerprints against the fingerprints stored in DEERS when you were issued the card.

Please visit your nearest RAPIDS Site, which can be located using the RAPIDS Site Locator at http://www.dmdc.osd.mil/rsl/.

Eligibility & Enrollment (DEERS Registration)

Background Investigation (CAC Only)

Getting the Card (RAPIDS Processing)

Card Management

Additional frequently asked questions are available at https://www.cac.mil/Portals/53/Documents/cacmil_faqs.pdf.