Army Emergency Relief is the U.S. Army's own nonprofit organization dedicated to alleviating financial distress on the force. AER provides grants and zero-interest loans to Active Duty and Retired Soldiers and their Families. Over 4 million Soldiers supported since 1942. AER officers are conveniently located at installations around the world. Visit ArmyEmergencyRelief.org to learn more.
Who is Eligible?
- Active-duty Soldiers, single or married, and their Family members.
- Army National Guard and Army Reserve Soldiers on continuous active duty for more than 30 days and their Family members (Title 10, USC).
- Soldiers retired from active duty for longevity or physical disability, and their Family members.
- Army National Guard and Army Reserve Soldiers who retired at age 60, and their Family members.
- Surviving spouses and orphans of Soldiers who died while on active duty or after they retired.
What Can AER DO?
- Help with emergency/financial needs for:
- Food, rent or utilities.
- Emergency travel
- Vehicle repair
- Vehicle Insurance or Deductible
- Vehicle Payment or Repossession
- Assistance for Survivors
- Assistance for Retirees
- Pet transportation to and from Korea
- Funeral expenses
- Medical/dental expenses
- Scholarship Opportunities (for Dependents Only):
- Dependent Children Scholarship Program
- Spouse Scholarship Assistance Program
AER Cannot Assist With:
- Help pay for non-essentials
- Finance ordinary leave or vacation.
- Pay fines or legal expenses.
- Help liquidate or consolidate debt.
- Assist with house purchase or home improvements.
- Help purchase, rent, or lease a vehicle.
- Cover bad checks.
- Pay credit card bills.
- Funds to replace those overdrawn from bank account.
Start Your Application:
Basic Living Expenses
Career Skills Program (CSP)
- Detailed Instructions
- AER Form 101 - Application for Career Skills Program (CSP)
- Agreement for Army CSP Individual Internship/Approved DoD SkillBridge Program
- CSP Soldier Participation Memo - IMCOM Form 45
- AER CSP Memo
- IPPSA Absence Request
- CSP Soldier Checklist
- AER Form 575 - Electronic Funds Transfer Authorization
To start the application process or if you have any questions regarding the AER program, contact Ms. Lana Edwards:
Ms. Lana Edwards
Army Emergency Relief Program Manager
USAG Daegu, South Korea
Camp Walker, BLDG 330, Rm 220
DSN: 315-763-4496 or Comm: 0503-363-4496