The Camp Walker Commercial Travel Office assists Soldiers and civilians with booking their Official Travel, for the purpose of PCS, Emergency Leave, TDY, retirement, etc.


Booking Travel

All official travel arrangements must be made through the Commercial Travel Office (CTO). Your assignment orders tell you when and where to fly. Travel can start as of DEROS/Availability Date, from the Port of Embarkation (departure airport) to the Port of Debarkation (arrival airport).

When to Book Flights: 

As soon as you have orders but no earlier than 90 days prior to your DEROS.

Check your PCS orders for when and where to fly:

  • Travel can start as of the Availability/DEROS Date
  • From Port of Embarkation (departure airport)
  • To Port of Debarkation (arrival airport)


Paying for Flights

For the Government to pay for travel, flights must be booked via the CTO on a U.S. Flag Carrier, as required by the Fly America Act, and orders must indicate either Individually Billed Account (IBA) or Centrally Billed Account (CBA).

Individually Billed Account (IBA)

With an IBA, your Sponsor (Service Member, DAC, Invited Contractor) will use a government travel credit card (GTCC) to pay for flights made at the CTO. Your Sponsor will then claim reimbursement by filling out a travel voucher during in-processing at the gaining installation.

Centrally Billed Account (CBA)

With a CBA, the CTO is responsible for paying for the airfare. The CTO charges the cost of airfare to a CBA and the CTO is reimbursed after submitting a claim.

  NOTE: The CTO can book flights to and from alternate ports (LICWO) regardless of cost, but the SM pays any difference above your government travel entitlement to next official duty station.

Government Travel Entitlement

Use GSA City Pairs Search Tool ⚠ to find your government travel entitlement which is the YCA Fare (government negotiated, fully refundable, one-way fare) on a contracted U.S. Flag Carrier based on your departure or arrival ports on orders.

Booking Flight & Ticketing Process

Travelers are to schedule flights during the contracted carrier's (Patriot Express) scheduled flight dates which are normally on Tuesdays and Thursdays. Most will fly Patriot Express, per DTR 4500.9R, Vol 1, as AMC/GOV is the first order of travel mode.

1. Determine your desired travel date. Travel can begin as of the Availability Date on your orders. Travel will be from OSAN Air Base (Patriot Express) via Seattle International Airport then to final destination on orders.

2. To book your flight reservation you must bring a copy of your orders to the Commercial Travel Office (CTO) located on the 3rd Floor of the Soldier Support Center, Building 330, Camp Walker. No appointment necessary.

  • Make sure your Government Travel Credit Card (GTCC) has been ACTIVATED by your UNIT G4/G8 Card Administrator BEFORE going to the CTO, otherwise your card will be declined. If this happens reservations cannot be booked.
  • You can save time by bringing in a completed CTO Travel Request Form with you to the CTO.
  • Last minute flights booked within 72 hours of travel are not guaranteed, subject to airline carrier situation.

3. The CTO will book your flights using the information on your orders and the CTO Travel Request Form. The CTO will email an itinerary to the traveler once complete. This process will be completed within 72 hours of receiving all required documents from the traveler.

4. The CTO will issue the tickets 3 days prior to the departure date and email the traveler the E-Tickets. Actual Flight Tickets will NOT be issued until you have MDP Final Clearance Stamp in hand. This is usually 3 days before the flight date.

CHANGES TO FLIGHT: Contact the CTO before the tickets are issued if changes are required. Tickets CANNOT be refunded after they are issued.

PETS: Traveling with pets? Visit the AMC Pet Travel Page for useful information on traveling with pets on Patriot Express; including procedures, kennel sizes, and fees.

The CTO can book pet travel on commercial flights (non-Patriot Express) for a $20 fee. If Travelers choose to do it themselves they must contact the airlines directly, after receiving tickets to make pet reservations. (There is no pet travel booking service fee for Patriot Express flights.)

United Airlines @ 800-864-8334 (in cabin)                         Delta Airlines @ 800-221-1212 (in cabin)

                                     800-575-3335 (in cargo)                                                    0079-8651/7538 (in cargo)