Quality of life issues that are important to Soldiers, Family members, Army Civilians, Survivors, and Retirees. The Army Family Action Plan (AFAP) is the community’s platform to voice quality-of-life issues, feedback, ideas, and suggestions. It's the best way to let Army Senior Leadership know what quality of life issues matter to the total Army Family and the impact if they are not addressed.
Since 1983, 744 issues elevated to HQDA have resulted in: 129 Legislative Changes Post 9/11 Veterans Educational Assistance Act of 2008
- Distributed Soldier Montgomery GI Bill benefits to Dependents (Issue 497)
National Defense Authorization Acts (NDAA)
- Paternity leave (Issue 578)
- Chiropractic treatment for AD Soldiers (Issue 468)
- Spouse professional weight allowance (Issue 531)
197 Policy Changes
- Family Member Employment in the Civil Service System (Issue 38)
- Convicted Sex Offender Registry (Issue 596)
- Exceptional Family Member Program Enrollment Eligibility for Reserve Component Soldiers (Issue 650)
216 Improved Programs and Services
- Audio/Video Surveillance in Childcare Centers (Issue 447)
- Standard Level of Security Measures in Barracks (Issue 658)
To submit an issue go to the Army Family Web Portal and visit the Issue Management page at https://ims.armyfamilywebportal.com/submit You may also click on the Issue Submission Paper and email ACS or drop the form off in person at Building 46, Anne Ely Hall.