COVID-19 ANTIGEN SELF-TEST INSTRUCTIONS
UPDATE - Dec. 30, 2021
In response to high risk levels of COVID-19 transmission in our surrounding communities, APG has moved to HPCON BRAVO+. This change is informed by our installation vaccination status and masking policy.
In accordance with DoD guidance:
1. Masks will continue to be worn within all indoor locations on the installation.
2. Commanders have the authority to bring up to 40% of their workforce onsite.
3. Indoor meetings and gatherings are limited to no more than 50 people without an approved Exception to Policy.
4. All APG personnel need to carry proof of vaccination. Those who are not vaccinated, have a pending exemption, or who refuse to show a vaccination card, should be prepared for regular testing in order to enter their worksites.
There are no changes to installation services at this time. If you have any questions, please work with your supervisors.
WELCOME BACK TO APG
As APG leadership develops and implements plans bring the workforce back to the installation, it is even more important to remain vigilant to stop any resurgence of COVID-19. APG operations remain critical to our Army, and it will take adaptive creativity and flexibility to maintain maximum effectiveness while denying the virus any opportunity to degrade readiness. The APG Welcome Back Products webpage provides communication resources related to transitioning back onsite. To unify messaging and branding across APG, please do not remove content from the Welcome Back products. You are welcome to add your organization's logos and/or DUIs. If you have subordinate units outside of APG, please reach out to the installation public affairs office for more information. You may also contact the installation PAO for native files.
Current Guidelines and Updates
- Face coverings are required indoors on the installation by all personnel, regardless of vaccination status.
- The APG CAC/ID office is by appointment only. Visit https://rapids-appointments.dmdc.osd.mil/ to schedule an appointment. All new employees must contact their HR specialist at CPAC for their appointment date. For emergencies such as lost or stolen cards, certificate issues, or PIN resets, contact Brian Dudley at 410-652-8532.
Military & Family Life Counselors (MFLCs) are available to provide phone counseling appointments to active-duty service members, retirees and family members. Call 443-206-3266/3308, Monday to Friday, 0800-1800. If you would like to speak with an MFLC who specializes in caring for children, please call 443-477-1772.
Public Health Information
The Kirk U.S. Army Health Clinic and Aberdeen Proving Ground leadership are working closely with appropriate authorities to monitor and coordinate the latest guidance on the COVID-19 from the DOD and CDC. If you have returned from recent travel to a country with widespread COVID-19 cases, DO NOT report to the Kirk U.S. Army Health Clinic, as the facility does not have the ability to treat or to test for the virus.
Be sure to continue to follow all CDC guidelines for protecting yourself and others, and remember:
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Wash your hands often and for at least 20 seconds with soap and water.
- Cover your cough/sneeze with a tissue, then throw it in the trash; cough/sneeze into your elbow if tissues are unavailable.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth.
- Ensure all immunizations are up to date, including your seasonal flu shot.
- Stay home if you are sick, and avoid close contact with Family members and pets.
- Create an emergency preparedness kit.