Our Mission

To determine the eligibility and issue identification cards and maintain/update information in the DEERS database. Provide professional, quality customer service to all Soldiers, Family Members, Retirees, Civilian and Contract Employees.
Our Basic Procedures
Customers must present valid identification and required documentation at the scheduled appointment.  Sponsors must accompany their Family members at all times.  However, this facility does accept power of attorney in the absence of the Sponsor, or a DD Form 1172-2 that is generated by a DEERS/ID Cards Facility or online by visiting: https://www.dmdc.osd.mil/self_service and follow the steps
to generate a DD Form 1172-2. You must have a CAC reader to complete the DD Form 1172-2 online. The form has to be generated within 30 days prior to your appointment.

All individuals requesting a replacement for a lost or stolen CAC are required to present documentation from their local security office or CAC sponsor, confirming that the CAC has been reported lost or stolen.  The individual will still be required to produce 2 forms of ID from the "acceptable form link" to acquire a new CAC.

COVID-19 Updates
Due to the continued spread of COVID-19 the Under Secretary of Defense has extended the policy guidance for all ID Card Facility operations to 30 June 2021. To ensure offices are postured to maintain continuity of operations, and to minimize the number of non-essential required visits, the guidance is:

Common Access Cards
1. CAC transactions shall be limited to initial issuance or reissuance of an expiring CAC within 30 days of expiration; CACs shall not be reissued due to printed information changes (e.g., promotions, name changes).
2. DoD civilian employees transferring to or from another DoD Component will continue to retain their CAC.

Uniformed Services ID Cards
1. If the cardholder's affiliation is unchanged, USID cards which expired on or after January 1, 2020, are authorized for continued benefit use through June 30, 2021.
2. Remote USID card renewals and reissuance shall be expanded.
3. Remote family member enrollment/eligibility updates are authorized.
4. Remote USID card initial issuance for first-time card issuance or replacement of a lost/stolen ID is authorized.
5. All remotely-issued USID cards shall be issued with an expiration date not to exceed one year from the date of issuance.
6. The minimum age for initial USID card issuance is increased from 10 to 14 years.
7. Continued use of the Reserve USID card to obtain active duty benefits is authorized for mobilized Reserves and their eligible dependents.Documentation Required for ID Card Issuance

CAC:  Active Duty, Reserve, Guard, Civilian, Contractor, NAF, and AAFES

  •   Promotion orders, E4 or above (if rank change)
  •   Two valid forms of ID (click link below)
  •   Enterprise email address if Department of Army (mail.mil) - not required for CAC issuance
  •   Contractors must be verified in CVS (every time a card is issued)

Geneva Convention CAC: 

  • Contractor – must have a SPOT LOA (Letter of Authorization) with the proper boxes checked.  
  • Civilian – Copy of Orders generated and completed through the DTS, or a completed DD Form 1610.

Retired Military: DD Form 214 or retirement orders and two valid forms of ID. (click link above)
Dependent ID: Sponsor must be present. If a sponsor isn't present, then the dependent must have a DD Form 1172 Application for Identification Card/DEERS signed by sponsor (not more than 90 days old from date of verification) or a Power of Attorney.

  • Spouse: Two valid forms of ID Medicare Card if turning age 65.
  • Un-remarried Widow: Two valid forms of ID, Medicare Card if turning age 65)
  • Former Spouse: Two valid forms of ID, Medicare Card if turning age 65).
  • Dependent age 18 or older: Two valid forms of ID.
  • Dependent over age 21 – (Student): Must provide a letter from an accredited college/university, signed by the school registrar stating full time enrollment and anticipated graduation date. Sponsor must be present when issuing ID card or sign the DD 1172-2 Application for Identification Card/DEERS prior to student visit either with their CAC Card or at the ID Facility. Sponsor must be providing 50% or more support.
  • Dependent over age 21 -  (Incapacitated Child): Two valid forms of ID, Current Dependency Determination* Medical Sufficiency Letter
  • Other Dependent – (Parent, Parent-in-Law, etc.): Must provide Approved Dependency Determination (renewed every four years) from Defense Finance Accounting System. If the individual is the Sponsor's parent, you will need to provide the Sponsor's Birth Certificate and the parents' Marriage Certificate. If the individual is the Sponsor's parent-in-law, you will need to provide the spouse's Birth Certificate and the Sponsor's Marriage Certificate.

DAV (initial issuance): Two valid forms of ID, letter from VA stating member is 100% disabled and authorizes commissary and exchange privileges and DD Form 214.

Click for a list of valid forms of ID

Requirements for DEERS Enrollment

Spouse: Marriage Certificate, Birth Certificate, Photo ID, and Social Security Card.
Former Spouse: Marriage Certificate, Divorce Decree, complete set of DD Form 214’s or statement of service, and two valid forms of ID.
Dependent Child: Birth Certificate, Social Security Card.
Newborn Child: Newborns can be entered into DEERS within the first 90 days. Sponsor must present a Certificate of live birth authenticated by the attending physician or other responsible person from a U.S. hospital or medical treatment facility.​​​​​​​
Dependent Stepchild: Birth Certificate, Social Security Card, and Marriage Certificate.
Illegitimate child of Male Sponsor: Birth Certificate, Social Security Card, court documentation showing paternity was judicially determined or appropriate documentation of the state with  jurisdiction (where mother and child currently reside).​​​​​​​
Adopted Child: Final Adoption Decree, Birth Certificate, and Social Security Card.​​​​​​​
Ward: Court documentation naming sponsor guardian for minimum of 12 consecutive months, Birth Certificate, Social Security Card.​​​​​​​
Dependent Child over age 21 (Student): Letter from School Registrar Office.​​​​​​​
Dependent Child over age 21 (Incapacitated): Current Dependency Determination, Medical Sufficiency Statement.​​​​​​​
Other Dependent (Parent, Parent-in-Law, etc): Current Dependency Determination, sponsor’s or spouse’s birth certificate reflecting parent’s name, and social security card.​​​​​​​
DAV: Photo ID, Birth Certificate, letter from VA stating member is 100% disabled and authorizes commissary and exchange privileges and DD Form 214.​​​​​​​
Retired Military: Photo ID, Retirement orders or DD Form 214 (Reserve Retired – bring Retiree Letter).​​​​​​​
IRR: Photo ID, DD Form 214.

If you have any questions or are unsure of any of the requirements listed above please call (573) 596-0744.

Ways to Verify and Update DEERS

•  ON-LINE:  You have two options for updating personal information online:

Visit the DEERS Web Site at:  https://www.dmdc.osd.mil/appj/address and follow the steps to update your address, email address, and phone numbers on line. (MUST have CAC or DFAS PIN)

Via the Beneficiary Web Enrollment Web Site at: https://www.dmdc.osd.mil/appj/bwe/indexAction.do  This site is linked directly to the DEERS database, so when you update your information via this portal, it not only updates DEERS, but also with your regional contractor. (MUST have a CAC or DFAS PIN)

 •  BY PHONE:  Call the Defense Manpower Data Center Support Office at 1-800-538-9552 to update your addresses, email address, and phone number. (TTY/TDD for the deaf: 1-866-363-2883)

 •  BY FAX:  Fax address, email address or phone number changes to the Defense Manpower Data Center Support Office at 1-831-655-8317.

 •  BY MAIL: Mail changes to the Defense Manpower Data Center Support Office. You must include supporting documentation if you are updating a Family member’s status:

Defense Manpower Data Center Support Office
400 Gigling Road
Seaside, CA 93955-6771

•  IN PERSON: To add or remove Family members, visit a local DEERS office. You can search for an office near you by visiting http://www.dmdc.osd.mil/rsl/. Call the office first to verify location and business hours.

Dependency ApplicationsTo be considered sufficiently dependent upon the Sponsor, the claimed dependent’s qualifying income must be less than 50% of his/her expenses and the member's contribution must exceed 50% of the dependent's expenses. This can include:
•  Parent, parent-in-law, step-parent, parent by adoption, or any person who stood in loco parentis to the member for at least five years prior to the member's emancipation.
•  Ward of a court who is unmarried and placed in legal and physical custody of the member for a period of at least 12 consecutive months.
For more information click for the Dependency Claims handout and the instructions for Parents and Dependency Determination for Incapacitated Children (example of Medical Sufficiency Letter).