Our Basic Procedures
to generate a DD Form 1172-2. You must have a CAC reader to complete the DD Form 1172-2 online. The form has to be generated within 30 days prior to your appointment.
All individuals requesting a replacement for a lost or stolen CAC are required to present documentation from their local security office or CAC sponsor, confirming that the CAC has been reported lost or stolen. The individual will still be required to produce 2 forms of ID from the "acceptable form link" to acquire a new CAC.
- 8:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m. on Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday
- 8:00 a.m. - 1200 p.m. on Thursday
- Closed on Thursday afternoons for system maintenance, administrative requirements and training
- CAC pin resets are now done at the unit level
- Appointments can be scheduled by visiting the DEERS/RAPIDS website
Documentation Required for ID Card Issuance
CAC: Active Duty, Reserve, Guard, Civilian, Contractor, NAF, and AAFES
- Promotion orders, E4 or above (if rank change)
- Two valid forms of ID (click link below)
- Enterprise email address if Department of Army (mail.mil) - not required for CAC issuance
- Contractors must be verified in CVS (every time a card is issued)
Geneva Convention CAC:
- Contractor – must have a SPOT LOA (Letter of Authorization) with the proper boxes checked.
- Civilian – Copy of Orders generated and completed through the DTS, or a completed DD Form 1610.
Retired Military: DD Form 214 or retirement orders and two valid forms of ID (click link below)
Individual Ready Reserve (IRR): DD Form 214 and two valid forms of ID (click link below)
Dependent ID: Sponsor must be present. If a sponsor isn't present, then the dependent must have a DD Form 1172 Application for Identification Card/DEERS signed by sponsor (not more than 90 days old from date of verification) or a Power of Attorney.
- Spouse – Two valid forms of ID (click link below) (Medicare Card if turning age 65.
- Un-remarried Widow – Two valid forms of ID (click link below) (Medicare Card if turning age 65)
- Former Spouse – Two valid forms of ID (click link below) (Medicare Card if turning age 65).
- Dependent under age 18 - No ID necessary
- Dependent over age 21 – (Student) – Must provide a letter from an accredited college/university, signed by the school registrar stating full time enrollment and anticipated graduation date. Sponsor must be present when issuing ID card or sign the DD 1172-2 Application for Identification Card/DEERS prior to student visit either with their CAC Card or at the ID Facility.
- Dependent over age 21 – (Incapacitated Child) – Two valid forms of ID (click link below), Current Dependency Determination* Medical Sufficiency Letter
- Other Dependent – (Parent, Parent-in-Law, etc) – Must provide Approved Dependency Determination (renewed every four years) from Defense Finance Accounting System. If the individual is the Sponsor's parent, you will need to provide the Sponsor's Birth Certificate and the parents' Marriage Certificate. If the individual is the Sponsor's parent-in-law, you will need to provide the spouse's Birth Certificate and the Sponsor's Marriage Certificate.
*(Dependency Determination must be completed every four years or status change)
DAV (initial issuance): Two valid forms of ID (click link below), letter from VA stating member is 100%
Disabled and authorizes commissary and exchange privileges and DD Form 214.
Ways to Verify and Update DEERS
• ON-LINE: You have two options for updating personal information online:
Visit the DEERS Web Site at: https://www.dmdc.osd.mil/appj/address and follow the steps to update your address, email address, and phone numbers on line. (MUST have CAC or DFAS PIN)
Via the Beneficiary Web Enrollment Web Site at: https://www.dmdc.osd.mil/appj/bwe/indexAction.do This site is linked directly to the DEERS database, so when you update your information via this portal, it not only updates DEERS, but also with your regional contractor. (MUST have a CAC or DFAS PIN)
• BY PHONE: Call the Defense Manpower Data Center Support Office at 1-800-538-9552 to update your addresses, email address, and phone number. (TTY/TDD for the deaf: 1-866-363-2883)
• BY FAX: Fax address, email address or phone number changes to the Defense Manpower Data Center Support Office at 1-831-655-8317.
• BY MAIL: Mail changes to the Defense Manpower Data Center Support Office. You must include supporting documentation if you are updating a Family member’s status:
Defense Manpower Data Center Support Office
400 Gigling Road
Seaside, CA 93955-6771
• IN PERSON: To add or remove Family members, visit a local DEERS office. You can search for an office near you by visiting http://www.dmdc.osd.mil/rsl/. Call the office first to verify location and business hours.
Requirements for DEERS Enrollment
Spouse – Marriage Certificate, Birth Certificate, Photo ID, and Social Security Card
Former Spouse – Marriage Certificate, Divorce Decree, complete set of DD Form 214’s or statement of service, and two valid forms of ID
Dependent Child – Birth Certificate, Social Security Card
Newborn Child – Newborns can be entered into DEERS within the first 90 days. Sponsor must present a Certificate of live birth authenticated by the attending physician or other responsible person from a U.S. hospital or medical treatment facility.
Dependent Stepchild – Birth Certificate, Social Security Card, and Marriage Certificate
Illegitimate child of Male Sponsor – Birth Certificate, Social Security Card, court documentation showing paternity was judicially determined or appropriate documentation of the state with jurisdiction (where mother and child currently reside)
Adopted Child – Final Adoption Decree, Birth Certificate, and Social Security Card
Ward – Court documentation naming sponsor guardian for minimum of 12 consecutive months, Birth Certificate, Social Security Card
Dependent Child over age 21 (Student) – Letter from School Registrar Office
Dependent Child over age 21 (Incapacitated) – Current Dependency Determination, Medical Sufficiency Statement
Other Dependent (Parent, Parent-in-Law, etc) – Current Dependency Determination, sponsor’s or spouse’s birth certificate reflecting parent’s name, and social security card
DAV – Photo ID, Birth Certificate, letter from VA stating member is 100% disabled and authorizes commissary and exchange privileges and DD Form 214
Retired Military – Photo ID, Retirement orders or DD Form 214 (Reserve Retired – bring Retiree Letter)
IRR – Photo ID, DD Form 214
If you have any questions or are unsure of any of the requirements listed above please call (520) 533-1608/1645.