Directorate Plans, Training, Mobilization and Security (DPTMS): Directs, coordinates, synchronizes, and integrates installation operations and training support activities, while providing force protection, operational planning, and emergency operations functions to provide a focused operating and training environment for the United States Military Academy and other tenant organizations.
Mission Statement: Plans, coordinates and executes contingency plans in the areas of force protection, emergency operations and security; conducts range operations; supports tenants' training strategies; plans, coordinates and integrates base operations in support of the United States Military Academy and other West Point tenant activities.
Vision: Directorate Plans, Training, Mobilization and Security (DPTMS) is the Go To Organization
- Provide mission command for emergency management response and consequence management operations
- Synchronizes internal and external activities in support of the Academy's mission
- Support the Academy's Military Training Program
- Supervise the execution of Antiterrorism and Emergency Management Programs
- Manage personnel security, information security, industrial security, and security training
Emergency management contributes to the protection of West Point by coordinating and integrating activities necessary to build, sustain, and improve the community’s capability to prevent, mitigate and protect against, respond to, and recover from threatened or actual natural, technological, and human-caused hazards.
West Point officials are committed to providing a Garrison and Community that is accessible and at the same time, safe and secure. Emergency preparedness is an integral yet often overlooked part of our safety, and is a shared responsibility of our Garrison and Community.