Frozen in Time by Cadet Victoria Martin Class of 2020
In-processing West Point installation procedures
In-processing West Point installation procedures are as follows: All Soldiers are required to sign in to their respective unit of assignment first then they must report to the Military Personnel Division (MPD), 622 Swift Road to be issued an installation in-processing checklist. NO appointment is required to in-process units or the installation. All personnel in-processing must have a copy of their PCS orders assigning them to new unit (to include all amendments if applicable) and their original DA Form 31 (Leave Form) with the departure block (block 14 a, b, & c) signed by your losing command.
Military Personnel Division (MPD)
- MPD is located at 622 Swift Road, West Point (same building as the Bowling Alley) and Hours of Operation: M-F* 0800 – 1530, to receive installation in-processing checklist.
- *Please note MPD is closed from 0800 to 1300 on the first and third Thursday of every month for training. No appointment is needed to see MPD for in-processing.
- Soldiers who arrive after duty hours must report to the MPD the following business day after having signed in with your unit of assignment (see unit specific information for after duty hours signing in details).
- The Military Personnel Division is the ONLY organization on the installation that can issue your Installation In-Processing Checklist (these checklists are not issued by units or departments).
- The Housing and Finance Offices will not in-process newly arrived Soldiers without the in-processing checklist issued by MPD.
Please see unit specific requirements below to include after duty hours information by unit.
Garrison Military Police & USAG In-processing
Soldiers with orders assigning them to United States Army Garrison Military Police Company or United States Army Garrison will report to building 616 between 0900-1600 hours. The phone number is 845-938-3333. Soldiers arriving after duty hours must report to PMO Military Police Desk Sergeant in Building 616, phone number (845) 938-1713.
Soldiers with orders assigning them to USA MEDDAC to include the Student or Trainee Detachment arriving during duty hours will report to building 654 Eichelberger Road (sign in front of the building will say USMA Inspector General and KACH Medical Co on the bottom). S-1 is located on the first floor, room 1-6, adjacent to the Medical Company. If you arrive after duty hours and want to sign in off of leave, please see the KACH AOD located in the main lobby of the hospital, building 900 then report to S-1 by 0900 the next duty day. Contact the Medical Company at (845) 938-3261/2508 or the S-1 at (845) 938-4406/5244 if you have additional questions or require assistance.
Soldiers with orders assigning them to DENTAC arriving during duty hours will report to Saunders Dental Clinic, building 606 (please note parking is very limited). Soldiers arriving after duty hours must report to PMO Military Police Desk Sergeant in building 616, phone number (845) 938-3333 and then report to DENTAC the next duty morning.
HHC USMA (Staff and Faculty)
All officers and enlisted Soldiers with orders assigning them to the US Military Academy Staff (USMA) and Faculty and 2nd Aviation Detachment, must first sign in to HHC USMA.
If arriving outside of duty hours, report to the West Point Provost Martial Office (PMO) at 616 Swift Road to be signed in by the Desk Sergeant. Then report to HHC, USMA on the next duty day.
If unable to physically report on your designated report date, contact HHC, USMA by email at email@example.com or call (845) 938-2223.
USMA Band In-processing
Soldiers with orders assigning them to USMA Band will report to the Band Headquarters, building 685 (located on Hardee Place) during duty hours. After duty hours, please call USMA Band Administration Section at (845) 938-1338 and leave a contact address and phone number. Also call the Duty NCO at (845) 705-0929.