FIRST INFANTRY DIVISION POST
Fort Riley Mobile App
Everything you need to know about Fort Riley, Kansas ... home of the U.S. Army's 1st Infantry Division, also known as the "Big Red One." Find out about current and upcoming events, links to social media sites, useful phone numbers and more. Connect with us through the interactive Chat Wall and get relevant notifications about happenings on post and off.
Download the app to your mobile device
FORT RILEY / 1ID PICTURES
GOOD TO KNOW
FORT RILEY OPERATING ON MINIMAL MANNING, LIMITED SERVICES JAN 23
Fort Riley operating on minimal manning, limited services January 23
- Fort Riley officials announced the following changes that will affect post operations Wednesday, January 23, due to inclement weather.
- Fort Riley is operating with minimal manning and limited services. Please consult your supervisor for details.
- All Family and Morale, Welfare and Recreation facilities will be closed, including the Middle school teen center, Warrior Zone and fitness centers. The Whitside Child Development Center will open at 7 a.m. exclusively for parents pre-approved through their chains of command on the minimal manning list.
- Physical Fitness training is canceled.
- Human Resources programs, including Soldier For Life-Transition Assistance Program, RAPIDS ID card center and Fort Riley Education Services, are closed and evening college classes are canceled.
- Irwin Army Community Hospital will keep all patient appointments as scheduled. Patients can reschedule their appointments by calling (785) 239-3627 (239-DOCS). Dental and medical clinics outside of IACH will be closed.
Soldiers, families or civilian employees have questions or concerns, they are encouraged to visit https://www.facebook.com/FortRiley or the Fort Riley website Advisories Page for updated information on road closures and delays at https://home.army.mil/riley/. Additionally, all employees of Fort Riley are urged to maintain contact with their chain of command
and/or supervisor for the most updated information.
FORT RILEY TAX CENTER OPENS FOR THE TAX SEASON
Fort Riley leaders and professionals will host a ribbon cutting ceremony at 10 a.m., Jan. 23 for the Fort Riley Tax Center. The center, 7034 Bullard St.
on Custer Hill, opens for service Jan. 22.
"This is the 17th year the Tax Center has been in operation at Fort Riley, and we've saved our clients millions of dollars in filing fees over that
time," said Fort Riley Garrison Commander Col. Stephen Shrader.
The center, part of the 1st Infantry Division's Staff Judge Advocate office, provides free tax preparation assistance to military members, including
active duty, active Army Reserve Soldiers on orders for more than 30 days, military retirees and eligible family members.
All tax preparers are IRS certified, trained and up-to-date on current tax rules..
For more information, visit home.army.mil/riley or call the Tax Center at 785-239-1040.
PREVENT COLD WEATHER INJURIES