Welcome to the Vicenza and Darby military communities. US Army Garrison Italy supports multiple units and organizations in Vicenza and at Camp Darby near Livorno. Being stationed here offers an exciting place to live, work, and play. Military Times selected Vicenza as the Army's #1 Duty Station in 2018.
Moving overseas can be a unique challenge. Whether you are a Soldier or a civilian, ask your gaining organization for a SPONSOR. The garrison and your sponsors will help you and your family have a smooth transition.
You will become part of an exceptional community supported by personnel and programs offered by Army Community Service, Child, Youth & School Services, MWR, USO, volunteer organizations, FRGs, and Italian communities.
The Vicenza and Darby military communities are here to support you during your PCS and throughout your tour. Welcome to Italy!
5 THINGS TO GET STARTED ON RIGHT AWAY
- Command Sponsorship: Ensure dependents are eligible for a fully funded move overseas.
- Passports & Visas: Learn which travel documents are required before PCSing overseas.
- Hotel Reservations: On-post lodging is in short supply. Don’t wait for orders to reserve lodging.
- Overseas P.O. Box: Keep up-to-date with your mail by setting up your P.O. Box ahead of time.
- CYS & School Registration: Be ahead of the class and start your CYS and school packets now.
5 THINGS TO KEEP IN MIND
- Storing & Shipping HHG: Learn to split your HHG into various shipments to get settled in sooner.
- Driving Overseas: Know what to expect when shipping your POV overseas.
- Electricity Overseas: Stay current on Italian vs. U.S. electricity.
- Traveling with Pets: Moving pets overseas is at your own expense, but we can help prepare you.
- Cell Phones & Staying in Touch: Learn about cell phones & staying in touch while overseas.