Visitor Control Center (VCC) Phone: (760) 380-6750/4905 Hours: 6 AM – 6 PM, Monday – Friday
Visitor Access Denial Factors
Installation access will be denied to individuals with a record of any of the following derogatory information:
1. Criminal information that causes the SMC to determine that the individual presents a potential threat to the good order, discipline, or health and safety on the installation.
2. The installation is unable to verity the individual’s claimed identity based on the reasonable belief that the individual has submitted fraudulent information concerning his or her identity in the attempt to gain access.
3. An active warrant, regardless of the offense or violation.
4. Is currently barred from entry or access to a Federal installation or facility.
5. Conviction of crimes encompassing sexual assault, armed robbery, rape, child molestation, production or possession of child pornography, trafficking in humans, drug possession with intent to sell or drug distribution.
6. A U.S. conviction of espionage, sabotage, treason, terrorism or murder.
7. A registered sex offender.
8. Conviction of a felony within the past 10 years, regardless of the offense or violation.
9. Conviction of a felony firearms or explosives violation.
10. Engagement in acts or activities designed to overthrow the U.S. Government by force.
11. The individual is identified as known to be or suspected of being a terrorist or belonging to an organization with known links to terrorism or support of terrorist activity.
**It is incumbent upon the sponsor to COMMUNICATE WITH YOUR VISITORS regarding the access denial criteria. The DES is prohibited by the California Department of Justice from pre-clearing visitors**
REAL ID Act
State issued driver’s licenses and ID’s from states which are non-REAL ID Act compliant or do not have a current extension must be accompanied by a supplementary identity document for installation access or an escort will be required.* Supplementary identity documents include:
1. A birth certificate with the person’s full name and date of birth providing the name and date of birth matches the information on the driver’s license/state issued ID card.
2. A utility bill or vehicle registration/insurance document showing the person’s name and address providing that the name and address matches the information on the driver’s license/state issued ID card.
3. A current identification card issued by a federal, state, or local government agency (e.g. university, library or school ID card or government agency badge), provided that it contains a photograph, name, and at least one other piece of biographical data (e.g. date of birth, gender, height, eye color, signature or address) matching the information on the driver’s license/state issued ID card.
4. A U.S. Military record of discharge (e.g. DD Form 214), Social Security card, health insurance card, VA card, or Native American Tribal Document providing that the name, and at least one other piece of biographical data (e.g. date of birth, gender, height, eye color, signature or address) matches the information on the driver’s license/state issued ID card.
* Drivers licenses/state-issued ID's from any state with the imprint `Enhanced Driver's License/Enhanced Identification Card' ARE valid forms of ID and holders do not require escort. Driver’s licenses/state-issued ID's with the imprint `Not for Federal Identification' ARE NOT acceptable forms of ID and an escort will be required.
Distinguished Guests / Protocol
All visitors to NTC, O-6 and above, must go through a visit approval process by NTC G-3 and FORSCOM. For more information click forward to the Protocol Office.
Standard Visitor Pass
The Visitor Pass application is used to request access for family, friends, and acquaintances or vendors providing a personal service to residents living on Fort Irwin (1 Day). Visitors must have a valid sponsor. A valid sponsor includes active duty and retired service members and their spouses, and DOD civilians.
The Visitor Pass Application can be located at the following address and must have all fields completed prior to submission.
The application MUST be emailed from a government email account to the following address or it will be returned without processing. *Please include the name of the individual you are requesting access for in the body of the e-mail.
Applications may also be hand delivered to the VCC (Bldg. 9) by a valid sponsor with the appropriate identification.
Visitors arriving to the installation should proceed to the VCC during hours of operation M-F 0600-1800 or proceed to the Main Gate after hours. All visitors MUST undergo a NCIC III background screening prior to being granted entry. This process can be time consuming so please plan accordingly.
Contractors submit employees names through their COR/Government Representative for processing. Sub-Contractors will submit employee’s names via the Prime Contractor.
Contractor Officer Representatives “COR’s”/Government Representative use this site to obtain an access memorandum example:
COR/Government Representative (only) will complete all highlighted areas on the memorandum. The memorandum MUST be emailed from a government email account to the following address or it will be returned without processing.
Commercial Vendor Pass
Commercial Vendor/Service/Delivery sponsors will submit a memorandum to the VCC requesting installation access. A valid sponsor includes active duty service members and DOD civilians. Use this site to obtain an access memorandum example:
The memorandum MUST be emailed from a government email account to the following address or it will be returned without processing. Email
Vendor/Service/Delivery personnel arriving at the installation should proceed to the VCC during its hours of operation M-F 0600-1800 or proceed to the Main Gate after hours.
All Vendor/Service/Delivery personnel MUST undergo a NCIC III background screening prior to being granted entry. This process can be time consuming so please plan accordingly.
Vendor/Service/Delivery personnel who enter the installation on a reoccurring basis (e.g. FedEx/UPS drivers, tow truck drivers, NEX/DECA delivery drivers, SCE technicians etc.) may be issued a Fort Irwin Access Badge for up to a one year period upon request by their sponsor.