Participation and Eligibility
Soldiers are authorized to participate in one Army Career Skills Program during their last 180 days in the Service. They can either participate in a CSP, DoD SkillBridge Program, or an Individual Internship Program. The CSP is a Commander’s program and a Soldier’s participation in a CSP must be approved by the first field grade officer with UCMJ authority in the Soldier’s chain of command.
- Soldier must be within 180 days of their separation/retirement date
- Soldier must have completed TAP Career Readiness Standards requirements.
- Soldier must have Commander approval.
- Programs may have additional requirements.
Types of CSP's
Programs that have already been vetted and received approval by HQ IMCOM, G-1 or HQDA G-1 for Soldier participation at one or more Army installations. These are garrison commander approved programs in which the approved Army CSP providers sign an Installation MOU/MOA.
- Visit the CSP Locations Page for more information and a list of programs.
- Visit the DoD SkillBridge Website for more information.
HOW DO I GET STARTED?
Army Approved CSPs:
DoD SkillBridge Programs and/or Individual Internships:
- Step 1: Contact the DoD SkillBridge or Individual Internship POC and ask about their specific application process.
- Step 2: Complete the Individual Internship/ DoD SkillBridge packet.
- CSP Soldier Checklist
- IMCOM Form 45
- Absence Request Form (IPPSA-CSP Administrative Absence) - If applicable
- Agreement for Army CSP Individual Internship _ Approved DoD SkillBridge Program
- Step 3: Send the completed packet with supporting documentation to the local TAP office or Regional Coordinator.
The Agreement for Army CSP Individual Internship _ Approved DoD SkillBridge Program has four parts: