Aloha!  Soldiers and civilians PCSing to Hawaii will be sponsored prior to and upon arrival. If you have not been contacted by your sponsor, reach out and contact your gaining unit or organization's sponsorship coordinator.

Soldiers will need to use the Army Career Tracker's Total Army Sponsorship Program to initiate the DA Form 5434 (Sponsorship Program Counseling and Information Sheet) and request a sponsor.  Sponsorship is required in order to process permanent change of station orders to Hawaii and other regions.  Department of the Army civilians can fill out the PDF version of DA Form 5434 and email it to their gaining organization or supervisor to request a sponsor.

Logo_TASP.pngThe Total Army Sponsorship Program, or TASP, mission is to help Soldiers, civilian employees and their families better integrate into the U.S. Army, and to assist them when they transition to different units. Sponsorship applies to all active component Soldiers in ranks E-1 through O-6, according to TASP Regulation, Army Regulation 600-8-8 and HQDA EXORD 161-15 Army wide implementation of the TASP Army Career Tracker module for active duty Soldiers.

TASP ensures incoming Soldiers are assigned sponsors prior to reporting to their next duty station. Obtaining a sponsor reduces the stress of reporting to a new unit, enhances resiliency and improves readiness among Soldiers and family members. Did you know you can request a youth sponsor for your child(ren)? Check out the School Support Services webpage for more information.

The Relocation Readiness Program is another tremendous asset to you and your family during your move to Hawaii.  They offer many great services, to include relocation counseling, customized welcome packets, as well as providing monthly cultural awareness classes, the weekly Newcomer's Community Readiness Expo, sponsorship training, and a Lending Closet where you can borrow kitchen kits during your inbound or outbound move.

You can contact your local Relocation Readiness Program office to receive Hawaii-specific information and resources, or reach to Hawaii's by visiting or calling (808) 787-4227.

Resources & Helpful Documents


Quick Start Guide

When to start the DA Form 5434:  Once notification of assignment Instructions are received. See quick start guide for more information.

How to Request a Sponsor

Note: This cannot be completed until you’ve received notification from Human Resources Command. Also, please note that units are not required to assign a sponsor until 120 days prior to your report date. If you require assistance prior to that, contact the Installation Sponsorship Liaison at and request that your sponsor be assigned as soon as possible.

  1. Log on to
  2. Click the “Messages” dropdown menu, and then “DA Form 5434.” 
  3. Click “Create New Form.” 
  4. Fill out all applicable sections (Sections 1, 2, 4 and 5).
  5. Once completed, your sponsor will be notified and can begin providing you the information to better assist you in your move.
  6. If your sponsor changes, you will receive notifications in the “Messages” section in ACT.

Note: All communications between the sponsor and incoming Soldier will be done in the ACT Sponsorship portal.  Please track your progress through the Army Career Tracker

For essential information on sponsorship and check-in procedures, please visit the Schofield Barracks/Fort Shafter Base Essentials resource page from Military OneSource.

Frequently Asked Questions

Individual users are not able to see the sponsorship features on the Army Career Tracker, or ACT, website unless you are on assignment instructions, or you have been assigned as either a sponsor or unit sponsorship coordinator.

If you received assignment instructions and still do not have a sponsorship tab on the ACT website, please contact your local office who issued your PCS orders and ask them to register your assignment in ACT.

The DA Form 5434 is located under “Sponsorship” and can be accessed via the following sponsorship subpages:

  • DA Form 5434
  • DA Form 5434 (Early Access)

Issues loading the DA Form 5434 typically occur due to incorrect browser settings. Using the following settings will remediate most issues viewing the DA Form 5434:

  • IE9 – Set Compatibility View to OFF
  • IE11 – Set Compatibility View to ON

Users will continue to receive notifications stating that their DA Form 5434 is incomplete under the following conditions:

  • A sponsor has completed section 3, however sections 1, 2, 4, or 5 are still pending completion by the incoming Soldier.
  • An incoming Soldier has completed sections 1, 2, 4, and 5, however the assigned sponsor has yet to complete section 3.

If the original orders have been canceled or revoked, the incoming Soldier will have to create a new DA Form 5434 once a new assignment is provided by Human Resources Command.

Once you are assigned a sponsor, you’ll receive a welcome letter from your Sponsorship Coordinator which includes your assigned sponsor and their contact information. Additionally you can view information about your sponsor in section 3c of your DA Form 5434.

Currently there is no option to upload information to the DA Form 5434.

Contact the Hawaii Military Personnel Division at (808) 655-8276. You can also email your questions to