The installation out-processing clearance process begins upon receipt of orders for permanent change of station, or PCS, or retirement/separation from the U.S. Army.
To receive installation/unit clearing papers (DA Form 137-1/137-2), please view the presentations linked below and follow the instructions.
- PCS and Separation Out-Processing Brief
- Out-Processing Map
- Info sheet: North Hawaii (Helemano, Schofield Barracks, Wheeler)
- Info sheet: South Hawaii (Shafter, JBPHH, PACOM)
- Medical Out-Processing (Desmond T. Doss Health Clinic only)
- Central Issue Facility Early Turn-In Memo Example
- Central Issue Facility Information Paper
Clearing papers are issued:
- 14 days prior to AVAL/DEROS for Soldiers PCSing
- 14 days prior to report date for Soldiers separating
In order to receive clearing papers, we will need a copy of the following documents:
- Approved DA Form 31 or IPPS-A leave of absence request filled out in accordance with AR 600-8-10 Chapter 4-7 Leave in Conjunction with Permanent Change of Station sub-section B. The DA Form 31 must cover from date of departure from losing unit to reporting date on orders, even if early report is authorized. The TO date on the DA31 must be the same day as the reporting date in the PCS orders. Permission to report early does not change the reporting date. If using IPPS-A absence request form, the request must cover from the date of departure to the day prior to the report date
If you are ETSing/Retiring, then our office will only need a copy of your orders/amendments
Once complete, send an encrypted email from your work account to: USARMY.SCHOFIELD.ID-PACIFIC.MBX.OUT-PROCESSING-HI@ARMY.MIL with the subject line of "Clearing Papers."
A representative will acknowledge receipt of your documents and will forward your clearing papers and instructions to you 14 business days prior to your departure date.
You may contact our office at (808) 655-4274 for further assistance.
CWT Sato Travel is experiencing higher than normal wait times.
We thank you in advance for your patience as we navigate high volumes of PCS/ETS/Retirement/Emergency Leave/DTS-TDY travel.
- PCS/ETS/RET travel packets will be accepted at the Army Hawaii office sites – Schofield and Fort Shafter. Air Force/Marines refer to local command/DMO
- With the high volume of transportation travel packets, we can receive/review your packets on delivery to assure all the necessary documents are in order
- In-person itinerary information may not be provided at this time if travel is beyond 24-48 hours
- Helpful information for pet travel and leave travel that is provided on the travel slip will be taken into consideration
The travel industry is still in an unprecedented recovery mode and is experiencing limited flight options, flight schedules and availability. Consequently, more time is required for the CTO to action the travel orders in compliance with DOD JTR directives.
Pet transportation has been greatly affected by pet transportation embargos and limited availability. To execute your travel to the new PDS on the required contract carrier, you may need to arrange pet transport by private pet shipping vendors. Personal research and added expenses may be mandatory.
Leave in conjunction with Official Travel – LICWO. Understandably, everyone wants to take advantage of leave enroute to the ultimate PDS (Permanent Duty Station). Many have decided to arrange alternated car shipments and even reunions with family and friends. Again, with limited flight schedules and availability this proves difficult.
- The CTO Army and Air Force offices are taking advance LICWO appointments for LICWO assistance once you are in receipt of the itinerary advisory. Once you are in receipt of your itinerary advisory contact the CTO. The DOD requires that the CTO execute the travel orders to the PDS.
- For IBA FOP travelers, the request for ‘early ticketing’ can be arranged should you choose to self-procure alternative LICWO with the airline direct upon receipt of the Electronic Ticket Advisory.
- Dedicated Production teams will action any DTS request and return your travel itinerary and information via electronic email delivery within 24 to 72 hours in the order it is received.
- Early Release of Students Memo School Year 2022-2023
Notes: Students can move from Hawaii any time after April 28, 2023 and can close out their 4th quarter grade and SY22-23 to be promoted to the next grade level, so they won't have to enroll at their gaining school until Fall of SY23-24. Principals have the final approval for final grades and promotion at the school. Soldiers are welcome to share this memo with their units, if it will help to delay their PCS, especially for those that are planning to PCS the week of April 24-28.
- Army School Liaison Officer Directory
- Hawaii School Information 2022-2023
- Department of Education Calendar School Year 2023-2024
- Student Withdrawl Forms
|CATEGORY||EITHER FORM ABOVE REQUIRED|
|Child enrolled in Child & Youth Services (child development, school age or youth centers)||Yes|
|Child attending public school (K-12)||Yes|
|Child attending private school (K-12)||No|
|Child is home schooled||No, but parents must call school where Form #4140 was completed to inform them that the student is moving and should be removed from their home school roster|
“Due to mandatory monthly office cleaning, the Schofield Barracks Personal Property Processing Office (PPPO) have modified their hours of operation.
*** Effective Friday, Sept. 29, 2023, the LAST FRIDAY of every month, PPPO hours are from 8:30 a.m. - 3 p.m.. We apologized for any inconvenience and thank you for your patience and understanding.”
Once orders are received, ALL customers should use the Defense Personal Property System at https://move.mil to begin to schedule their move. Then, you should immediately contact the local Personal Property Preparing Office by emailing a full set of orders and any amendments to email@example.com. No appointment is needed for questions, travel slips or travel slip changes.
For those who cannot access https://move.mil on a work or home computer, you may want to see if the Library, Education Center, or Soldier For Life program can provide assistance with computer access.
The Schofield Barracks Transportation - Personal Property Processing Office is open Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday from 7:30 a.m.-3 p.m.. Every other Friday, they close at 2 p.m. They are closed on all federal holidays. Their phone number is (808) 655-1868.