The installation out-processing clearance process begins upon receipt of orders for permanent change of station, or PCS, or retirement/separation from the U.S. Army.
To receive installation/unit clearing papers (DA Form 137-1/137-2), please view the presentations linked below and follow the instructions.
- PCS and Separation Out-Processing Out-Processing Brief
- Out-Processing Map
- Info sheet: North Hawaii (Helemano, Schofield Barracks, Wheeler)
- Info sheet: South Hawaii (Shafter, JBPHH, PACOM)
- Medical Out-Processing (Desmond T. Doss Health Clinic only)
- Central Issue Facility Information Paper
- Please be advised, the Central Issue Facility will be closed for 100% inventory Dec. 16-31. They will re-open to normal operations on Jan. 3. Please see your unit supply to clear. Absolutely no transactions will be done during inventory. Please call (808) 655-8120 for any CIF emergencies.
Request Clearing Papers
Clearing papers are issued:
- 14 days prior to AVAL/Report Date
- 40 days from DEROS for International Travel
In order to receive clearing papers, we will need a copy of the following documents:
- ETP if needed for the installation you are going to (see COVID microsite and FAQs - Official Travel section for more information)
- Approved DA Form 31 filled-out in accordance with AR 600-8-10 Chapter 4-7 Leave in Conjunction with Permanent Change of Station sub-section B. The DA31 must cover from date of departure from losing unit to reporting date on orders, even if early report is authorized. The TO date on the DA31 must be the same day as the reporting date in the PCS orders. Permission to report early does not change the reporting date.
*If you are ETSing then we will only need a copy of your orders.
Once complete, send an encrypted email from your work account to USARMY.SCHOFIELD.ID-PACIFIC.MBX.OUT-PROCESSING-HI@MAIL.MIL with the subject line of "Clearing Papers."
Booking Official Travel
Child, Youth & School Services
- Early Release of Students Memo School Year 2020-2021
Notes: Students can move from Hawaii any time after
April 30, 2021 and can close out their 4th quarter grade and SY20-21 to be promoted to the next grade level, so they won't have to enroll at their gaining school until Fall of SY21-22. Principals have the final approval for final grades and promotion at the school. Soldiers are welcome to share this memo with their units, if it will help to delay their PCS, especially for those that are planning to PCS the week of April 26-30.
- Army School Liaison Officer Directory
- Hawaii School Information 2020-2021
- Student Withdrawl Forms
|CATEGORY||EITHER FORM ABOVE REQUIRED|
|Child enrolled in Child & Youth Services (child development, school age or youth centers)||Yes|
|Child attending public school (K-12)||Yes|
|Child attending private school (K-12)||No|
|Child is home schooled||No, but parents must call school where Form #4140 was completed to inform them that the student is moving and should be removed from their home school roster|
Clearing Housing (Barracks & Family Housing)
Temporary Lodging Allowance, or TLA
Once orders are received, ALL customers should use the Defense Personal Property System at https://move.mil to begin to schedule their move. Then, you should immediately contact the local Personal Property Preparing Office by emailing a full set of orders and any amendments to email@example.com. No appointment is needed for questions, travel slips or travel slip changes.
For those who cannot access https://move.mil on a work or home computer, you may want to see if the Library, Education Center, or Soldier For Life program can provide assistance with computer access.
The Schofield Barracks Transportation - Personal Property Processing Office is open Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday from 7:30 a.m.-3 p.m.. Every other Friday, they close at 2 p.m. They are closed on all federal holidays. Their phone number is (808) 655-1868.