The installation out-processing clearance process begins upon receipt of orders for permanent change of station, or PCS, or retirement/separation from the U.S. Army.

To receive installation/unit clearing papers (DA Form 137-1/137-2), please view the presentations linked below and follow the instructions.

Request Clearing Papers

Army Career Tracker logo data-verified=

In order to request clearing papers, you must complete a DA 5434 on the Army Career Tracker's Total Army Sponsorship Program (directions). Using the Army Sponsorship Program is mandatory for E1-E6, O1-O3, WO1-WO2. It is optional for all other ranks.

Once complete, send an encrypted email from your work account to with the subject line of "Clearing Papers" and your Department of Defense ID number (10-digit number on the back of your ID) in the body of the message.

Failure to follow instructions may cause delays in receipt of clearing papers.

Booking Official Travel

Child, Youth & School Services

Child enrolled in Child & Youth Services (child development, school age or youth centers) Yes
Child attending public school (K-12) Yes
Child attending private school (K-12) No
Child is home schooled No, but parents must call school where Form #4140 was completed to inform them that the student is moving and should be removed from their home school roster


In-Processing Finance: (SB750/Rm 208) Held Monday-Wednesday and Friday at 9 a.m. and 1 p.m., and at 1 p.m. on Thursdays. Seating Capacity no more than 10-personnel or less w/ physical distancing protocols.

Out-Processing Finance: Conducted virtually through the IOP group email:


In order to attend the brief, Soldiers must have at a minimum their separation orders in hand.


Once orders are received, ALL customers should use the Defense Personal Property System at to begin to schedule their move. Then, you should immediately contact the local Personal Property Preparing Office by emailing a full set of orders and any amendments to No appointment is needed for questions, travel slips or travel slip changes.

For those who cannot access on a work or home computer, you may want to see if the Library, Education Center, or Soldier For Life program can provide assistance with computer access.

The Schofield Barracks Transportation - Personal Property Processing Office is open Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday from 7:30 a.m.-3 p.m.. Every other Friday, they close at 2 p.m. They are closed on all federal holidays. Their phone number is (808) 655-1868.


Below are Tricare-related briefings for service members who are PCSing or separating from the Army. Additional briefings are available online at