Our Mission

The mission of the U.S. Army Garrison Daegu, Directorate of Human Resources, Military Personnel Division, Identification Card Section, is to provide equitable, accurate, timely and efficient customer service to the Daegu community through the ID Card Section while establishing and maintaining strong relationships with our stakeholders to enhance the well-being of the USAG Daegu military and civilian Family.

References: AR 600-8-14, Identification Cards for Members of the Uniformed Services, their Family Members, and other eligible personnel.

Steps for ID Card Issuance

Step 1: Sponsorship & Eligibility

In order to receive a USID Card, you must be or have a sponsor.  For example, if you are a Reserve or retired Service member, you are a sponsor; if you are a dependent, an active duty or retired Service member will be your sponsor.

Step 2: Registration & Enrollment

All potential cardholders must register in the Defense Enrollment Eligibility Reporting System (DEERS).  To do this, you will need to complete a DD Form 1172-2.

If you are a dependent, an active duty or retired Service member must take action to register you in DEERS with the required eligibility documents.  Your sponsor may need to complete parts of the DD Form 1172-2.  For more information on eligibility documents, review the Pre-Arrival Checklist.

Step 3: Obtaining Your Card

You must visit the DEERS/ID office for final verification and processing.

If you are a sponsor, you must bring two forms of ID in original form.  At least one form of ID must be a valid State or Federal government-issued picture identification (for example, passport, driver's license, or current DoD ID card).

If you are a dependent, you must provide a completed DD Form 1172-2 and two forms of ID in original form.  The DD Form 1172-2 must be:

(1) Digitally signed and submitted using RAPIDS Self Service (available for sponsors with a CAC).  Although not required for ID card issuance, dependents may bring a printed copy of the digitally signed and submitted form;

(2) Signed by your sponsor in front of the Verifying Official at the RAPIDS Site;

(3) Signed by your sponsor and notarized.  A wet or digital signature is acceptable; or

(4) Signed using a general Power of Attorney.  A wet or digital signature is acceptable.

While at a RAPIDS Site, expect to have your picture taken.

Ways to Verify and Update DEERS

You can update your address and/or phone number on your DEERS record by going to Update and View My Profile in milConnect (you'll be asked to sign in if you haven't already). After you make changes on your Personal Information tab, scroll to the bottom and click Submit to make sure your updates are made in DEERS.

If your personal contact information is not current and accurate, you might miss vital communications. That's why you receive an Address Verification Notification in milConnect if you have not edited or verified the personal contact information on file for you (or if you are a sponsor, for you and your family members) in the last 180 days.

How do I replace my CAC?

If you need a new CAC because your card was lost, stolen, confiscated, or destroyed, you shall be required to provide (1) a valid (unexpired) State or Federal Government-issued picture ID, and (2) documentation from the local security office or CAC sponsor confirming that the CAC has been reported lost or stolen. All documentation must be scanned and stored in the Defense Enrollment Eligibility Reporting System (DEERS).


More informationDo you still have questions about your Common Access Card (CAC) or your Uniformed Services ID Card?  The below links will help guide you through the process of obtaining, using, and maintaining both types of cards.



Common Access Card (CAC)

"Smart" ID card for active-duty military personnel, Selected Reserve, DoD civilian employees, and eligible contractor personnel.


Uniformed Services ID Card

ID Card for military family members and military retirees to access service benefits and privileges.

ID Card Lifecycle

The ID Card Lifecycle provides more detail about the ID card issuance and management process, along with links to associated policy documents.