To determine the eligibility and issue identification cards and maintain/update information in the Defense Eligibility Enrollment Reporting System database. Provide professional, quality customer service to all Soldiers, family members, retirees, civilian and contract employees.

To make an appointment, click the following link:    https://idco.dmdc.osd.mil/idco

Department of Defense List of Acceptable Identity Documents
Applicants are required to provide two forms of identity source documents in original form. The identity source documents must be bound to that applicant and shall be neither expired nor cancelled.  If the two identity source documents bear different names, evidence of a formal name change must be provided.

Primary Identity Source Document
- U.S. Passport or a U.S. Passport Card;
- Permanent Resident Card or an Alien Registration Receipt Card (Form I-551);
- Foreign passport;
- Employment Authorization Document that contains a photograph (Form I-766);
- Driver's license or an identification (ID) card issues by a state of possession of the United States provided it contains a photograph;
- U.S. Military ID card;
- U.S. Military dependent's ID card; or
- Personal Identity Verification (PIV) Card.

Secondary Identity Source Document
The secondary identity source document may be from the list above, but cannot be of the same type as the primary identity source document. An expired Common Access Card or Uniformed Services Identification card may be used as a secondary identity source document for reissuance of the same type of identification card, but is not acceptable for initial issuance.
- U.S. Social Security Card issued by the Social Security Administration;
- Original or certified copy of a birth certificate issued by a state, county, municipal authority, possession, or outlying possession of the United States bearing an official seal;
- ID card issued by a federal, state, or local government agency or entity, provided it contains a photograph;
- Voter's registration card;
- U.S. Coast Guard Merchant Mariner Card;
- Certificate of U.S. Citizenship (Form N-560 or N-561);
- Certificate of Naturalization (Form N-550 or N-570);
- U.S. Citizen ID Card (Form I-197);
- Identification Card for Use of Resident Citizen in the United States (Form I-179);
- Certification of Birth Abroad or Certification of Report of Birth issued by the Department of State (Form FS-545 or Form DS-1350);
- Temporary Resident Card (Form I-688);
- Employment Authorization Card (Form I-688A);
- Reentry Permit (Form I-327);
- Refugee Travel Document (Form I-571);
- Employment authorization document issued by Department of Homeland Security (DHS);
- Employment Authorization Document issued by DHS with photograph (Form I- 688B);
- Foreign ID with photograph;
- Driver's license issued by a Canadian government entity; or
- Native American tribal document.