Monday July 24, 2023
2 BEB USE BLANK AMMUNITION/PYROTECHNICS DURING REENACTMENT OF KOREAN WAR BATTLE OF KUNU-RI, NOV. 29 AND NOV. 30
Be advised that you may hear the resemblance of firearms during today's rehearsal (Nov. 29, 6 p.m.) and tomorrow's ceremony (Nov. 30, 7 p.m.) at Bulldog Field.
2BEB will fire blank ammunition and pyrotechnics as they reenact portions of the battle during their Burning of the Colors ceremony.
If you hear weapons firing in the vicinity of 3rd Armored Brigade Combat Team, 1st Armored Division headquarters, it is part of the event and there is no need to be alarmed. Fort Bliss Directorate of Emergency Services and Military Police are informed and aware of the event taking place.
In conjunction with this event, there will be roadblocks at Ansbach Way, Anzio Way, and Ready First Street that will be manned by Soldiers and Emergency responders within the area.
In 1950, the 2nd Brigade Engineer Battalion was serving as rearguard to delay the Chinese Communist Forces and allow elements of the 8th Army and 2nd Infantry Division to retrograde south. The battalion successfully delayed the enemy, but at a substantial cost. Knowing that being overrun was imminent, the battalion commander ordered all equipment destroyed and the colors burned to prevent the enemy from taking them as war trophies. When the battalion regrouped after the battle, just 266 of the original 977 Soldiers remained; all others had been captured or killed.
IMPROVEMENTS TO OUTBOUND ACP LANES SCHEDULED, DEC. 4 - JAN 8
The installation is making improvements to its Access Control Points (gates) from Dec. 4, 2023, through Jan. 8, 2024. During this time, travelers can expect to see single lane closures on outbound lanes.
Asking for your patience while we improve safety for our community.
The schedule includes:
- Dec. 4 - 6:
- CSM Barreras ACP
- SGT Duran ACP
- MSG Espinoza ACP
- Dec. 7 - 11:
- MSG Pena ACP
- PVT Minue ACP
- Constitution ACP
- Dec. 12 - 14:
- Old Ironsides ACP
- Buffalo Soldier ACP
- LTG Cassidy ACP
- Dec. 16 - 18:
- Chaffee ACP
- Jan. 6 - 8, 2024:
- Sheridan ACP
FORT BLISS FAMILY HOMES HOLIDAY LIGHTING SCHEDULE
The holiday season has arrived, and Fort Bliss Family Homes wants you to be aware of some important details before you commence with decorating the outside of your home.
- Lighted seasonal decorations on the exterior of the home may be used between the hours of 6-11 p.m. only from the day after Thanksgiving, Friday, Nov. 24, 2023, through Jan. 6, 2024 (they should not remain on during the day or all night)
- Seasonal decorations must be removed no later than the third week of January
- Outdoor decorations for other holidays (Halloween, Easter, Fourth of July, etc.) must be removed no later than the third week after the holiday
- Rooftop and second story level decorations are prohibited
- Decoration materials must be fire resistant
- Nails, spikes, building staples or any other type of fastener that leaves permanent damage are prohibited
- All lights and fixtures must be listed or labeled by a nationally recognized testing agent for indoor or outdoor use as applicable
- Lining sidewalks with lights is prohibited
- Candle luminaries or other open flame decorations are prohibited
- Do not use indoor extension cords for outdoors
- Canned ‘snow’ and similar substances are not permitted to be sprayed on windows, siding or brick facades. Residents will be held financially responsible for any damage to the premises caused by the installation, removal or use of any holiday lighting or decorations.
STORM DAMAGE REPORTING
To report storm damage, call (915) 642-5477 or visit Army Maintenance (ArMA) website here.
RANDOM INSPECTIONS LEADING INTO NON-CONTIGUOUS HOUSING AREAS
Fort Bliss Military Police are conducting security checkpoints in the Hayes, Beaumont, Lindquist, Logan Heights, and Paso del Norte housing areas.
These checkpoints occur at various times and locations and are part of our random antiterrorism and security measures.
Motorists and pedestrians will be asked to provide valid forms of identification; those without DoD ID cards will be politely asked their purpose for being in the area.
DES kindly asks that housing tenants cooperate with this initiative; these actions are intended to deter crime and increase safety and security for our residents and their property.
‒ LEASHES: Dogs must be completely under control at all times in public areas (exception for dog parks). ‒ Pets must not be left tied and unattended, or leashed and allowed to roam freely anywhere outside of a fenced area. (Garrison Policy 24, para 4(d)(6))
‒ HELMETS WILL BE WORN by all Soldiers, DoD Civilians, Contractors, and Family members who operate or intend to operate bicycles or recreational vehicles within Fort Bliss. ‒ Bicycles and recreational play vehicles include inline skates, roller skates, scooters, skateboards, etc. (FB REG 385-10, para 9-9)
‒ STOP SIGNS AT ACPs: All patrons entering through Fort Bliss Access Control Points must adhere to Stop Signs and wait until called forward by ACP personnel to ensure safety and security.
ARMY INFORMATION UPDATE
ROAD CLOSURE: WATER MITIGATION AT PERSHING AND PLEASONTON INTERSECTION
The intersection at Pershing and Pleasonton Roads is closed during construction to control flooding at the intersection.
Construction started at this intersection in Dec. 2022 and continues through November.
UPDATE AS OF JUNE 23, 2023: TORCH BRIDGE REPAIRS IN PHASE III AND CONTINUE THROUGH JULY 2023
The Torch Bridge repairs continue through the end of July. Drivers can expect one lane in each direction to be open. For information, call (915) 569-8741.
Saturday June 17, 2023
CRISIS & EMERGENCY CONTACTS
Commanding General Hotline, (915) 744-2010
- Emergency, 911
- Emergency Room, WBAMC, (915) 742-4055
◦ Fire, (915) 744-1283
◦ Military Police, (915) 744-2115
- 24/7 Child Abuse Hotline, (915) 549-2199
- 24/7 Child Abuse Hotline, 1-800-252-5400
- 24/7 Domestic Violence Hotline: (915) 269-2013
American Red Cross:
- Fort Bliss, (915) 568-4898
American Red Cross Emergency, (877) 272-7337
Army Emergency Relief, (915) 744-2559
- Fort Bliss SHARP 24/7, (915) 245-8991
- DOD Safe Helpline, (877) 995-5247
Chaplain 24/7 On-Call, (915) 637-4265
Embedded Mental Health:
- 1/1 EMH, (915) 742-9326
- 2/1 EMH, (915) 742-1782/1696
- 3/1 EMH, (915) 744-1499
- Mendoza MH, (915) 742-1022
- West Bliss MH, (915) 742-4781
Equal Opportunity (Military) 24/7, (915) 726-1294
Explosive Ordnance Disposal, (915) 568-8905
Fort Bliss Operations Center 24/7, (915) 744-1254
- National Suicide Prevention Lifeline, 988
- Veterans Crisis Line, (800) 273-8255 (Press 1)
- El Paso Crisis Line, (915) 779-1800
- 24/7 Chaplain Line, (915) 637-4265
DPW Service Order Desk (ArMA Info)