COVID-19 Information: NEW INFORMATION: Fort Bliss Come to Work Safe, Live Safe Order, Amendment VII posted to COVID-19 News. To see up-to-date Fort Bliss facility and agency information including hours of operation or to submit a question, visit the COVID Update page.
The CG Iron-6 hotline is live and ready to help address your concerns. Users can call or visit the webpage to raise their concerns, send unresolved issues, or relay an immediate message to the commanding general of the 1st Armored Division and Fort Bliss. Click here to visit the page.
If you are in IMMEDIATE DANGER, CALL 911 or need immediate assistance, please call the SHARP HOTLINE (915-245-8991), or click here to live chat with a trained staff member.
Fort Bliss Housing Hotline: (915) 744-8903
Fort Bliss housing residents with issues/concerns should contact the Fort Bliss Housing Hotline at (915) 744-8903.
ID Cards/DEERS Update
The Fort Bliss ID Cards/DEERS office now has extended hours: Mon, Wed, Thurs to 6 p.m.
Walk-ins on Saturdays from May 1 through August, from 7 a.m. - 2 p.m. or until capacity is reached.
The office is closed Memorial Day and Independence Day weekends.
For appointments, visit https://idco.dmdc.osd.mil/idco
For more info, call 569-6036.
Tax Deadline Extensions Announced
NOTE for ALL tax filers: On March 17, 2021, the Treasury Department and Internal Revenue Service announced that the federal income tax filing due date for individuals for the 2020 tax year will be automatically extended from April 15, 2021, to May 17, 2021. Penalties interest and additions to tax will begin to accrue on any remaining unpaid balances as of May 17, 2021. Individual taxpayers will automatically avoid interest and penalties on the taxes paid by May 17. Individual taxpayers do not need to file any forms or call the IRS to qualify for this automatic federal tax filing and payment relief.
For Texas residents, the IRS has already extended the federal income tax filing due date to June 15, 2021, citing theThis extension also includes any taxes that would have been owed by April 15. The extension will be automatic for anyone living in Texas.
PLEASE NOTE, however, that,regardless of these extensions, the closing date for the Fort Bliss Tax Center(April 23, 2021) remains unchanged. So, anyone wishing to use the Tax Center’s services to file their taxes must make an appointment to do so prior to April 23.
GoArmyEd Transitioning to ArmyIgniteED
Since the GoArmyEd system deactivation Feb. 12, all Tuition Assistance program data is automatically migrating to the modernized ArmyIgnitED from Feb. 25 to March 8.
During this period, Soldiers, Army Education Counselors and Educational Institutions will not have access to TA data or functionality.
All pending TA requests, not already approved by an Army Education Counselor in GoArmyEd, will automatically transfer to ArmyIgnitED. Soldiers currently using TA, who do nota have any ArmyIgnitED account must create one at: www.armyignited.com by selecting the "Get Started" tab.
The GoArmyEd Helpdesk is now disabled, so any Soldiers with questions about the Army's transition to ArmyIgnitED should contact the Fort Bliss Army Education Center directly at: (915) 568-6831/2025/3173
Road Paving Projects
1. SGM Blvd. and Iron Soldier – Work completed
2. SGM Blvd. and Gulf Victory Way, May 24 – Aug. 15, 2021. Work crews are currently working this area from 7:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. The work includes reducing the lanes; the westbound lanes are currently a two way traffic pattern (one lane on each direction).
3. SGM Blvd. and Anzio, May 17 – July 30, 2021. Work crews are currently working this area from 7:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. The work includes reducing the lanes; southbound lanes are currently a two way traffic pattern (one lane on each direction).
4. Gulf Victory, July 7 – Aug. 15, 2021. The work crew will work on the westbound lanes. This section will be blocked off and detour signage will be posted accordingly.
5. Cassidy Road east of Marshall, May 27 – July 21, 2021. Work crews are currently working on Cassidy Road from 7:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. The work includes reducing the lanes; eastbound lanes are currently a two way traffic pattern (one lane on each direction).
There are more improvements to SGM Blvd. in the works, so please be patient. Your Directorate of Public Works is on it!
New Gravel Parking Lot at Stoneman Road
UPDATE: Construction work continues and is scheduled to be completed July 31.
Work continues on the new gravel parking lot being constructed in the undeveloped area in the vicinity of Stoneman Road and Scales Road across from Hughey Elementary School and Ross Middle School. The new gravel parking lot will accommodate up to 100 vehicles.
Construction takes place through July 31, with work hours from 7 a.m. to 5 p.m. The construction site is 300 feet by 250 feet with barricades and fencing in place and signs posted.
Forsyth Road, Stoneman Road, and Scales Road remain open to vehicular traffic in both directions.
The area to the west of the construction site remains open and available for parking. The gated entrances also remain open.
West Bliss Water Pipeline Projects
Fort Bliss continues its quality of life efforts with three projects involving replacing deteriorating and aged water pipelines on West Fort Bliss. Travelers in these zones can expect road closures, detours, and/or traffic lane reductions. Residents in adjacent housing areas will be notified if this construction impacts their water service. Residents experiencing water outages not associated with these projects should call the BBC work order desk, (915) 564-0459, and submit a work order.
Construction areas include:
- JEB Stuart Road (Dickman to Carter Roads), project will continue in phases through Mar. 19, 2021.
- Chaffee Road (Hinman to Shannon Van Valzah Roads), project will continue in phases through Feb. 28, 2021.
- Hinman Road (Hinman to JEB Stuart Roads; along JEB Stuart from Haan to Benson Roads; along Hinman from Benson to Miller Roads; along Ricker from Carrington to Chaffee Roads; along Hinman from Carrington to north of Chaffee (near Bldg 2496). Project will continue in phases through Feb. 28, 2021.
Haan Road Traffic Light Sensors Completed
Haan Road Traffic Light Sensors - Work Completed
Beginning next week, those who regularly travel Haan Road will appreciate the newest Fort Bliss quality of life effort. Three intersections along Haan Road are getting Traffic Light Sensors installed: JEB Stuart, Chaffee, and Carrington Roads. A 4-way Stop will be in place during the actual work to these intersections.
First up, Dec. 28-30, 7:30 a.m.-3 p.m.: The Haan Road/JEB Stuart intersection includes blocking one lane in each direction.
Next up, Jan. 8-9, 2021: Work crews are working the Haan Road, Chaffee Road intersection project Friday from 3-9 p.m. and on Saturday from 8 a.m. to 3 p.m.
And finally, Jan. 15-16, 2021: Another weekend project, crews are working the Haan Road, Carrington Road Intersection Friday from 3-9 p.m. and on Saturday from 8 a.m. to 3 p.m.
There are more improvements to Haan Road in the works, so please be patient. Your Directorate of Public Works is on it!
Recognize! Retreat! Report!
Fort Bliss reminds area residents and visitors that military munitions are dangerous and may be encountered in areas currently or formerly used for military training or testing. Don’t forget the 3Rs of explosives safety—Recognize, Retreat, and Report.
Recognize a munition
Retreat from the area without moving it
Report the munition by calling 911
CRISIS & EMERGENCY CONTACTS
Commanding General Hotline, (915) 744-2010
- Emergency, 911
- Emergency Room, WBAMC, (915) 742-4055
◦ Fire, (915) 744-1283
◦ Military Police, (915) 744-2115
- 24/7 Child Abuse Hotline, (915) 549-2199
- 24/7 Child Abuse Hotline, 1-800-252-5400
- 24/7 Domestic Violence Hotline: (915) 269-2013
American Red Cross:
- Fort Bliss, (915) 568-4898
- WBAMC, (915) 742-3878
American Red Cross Emergency, (877) 272-7337
Army Emergency Relief, (915) 744-2559
- Fort Bliss SHARP 24/7, (915) 245-8991
- DOD Safe Helpline, (877) 995-5247
- 1BCT/DIVARTY, (915) 742-9326
- 2BCT, (915) 742-1782
- 3BCT, (915) 744-1499
- 1AD CAB/1AD SB/HHBN, (915) 742-1022
Chaplain 24/7 On-Call, (915) 637-4265
Equal Opportunity (Military) 24/7, (915) 726-1294
Explosive Ordnance Disposal, (915) 568-8905
Fort Bliss Operations Center 24/7, (915) 744-1254
- National Suicide Prevention Lifeline, (800) 273-8255
- Veterans Crisis Line, (800) 273-8255 (Press 1)
- El Paso Crisis Line, (915) 779-1800
- 24/7 Chaplain Line, (915) 637-4265