Tuesday May 23, 2023
*** Run4Recycling 5k Run & Kids Race / String Fling 22APR***
Celebrate Earth Day Saturday, April 22 with a run and flying kites! The morning is jam packed full of fun events at Noel Parade Field / Old Fort Bliss Replica, first with Fort Bliss Qualified Recycling Program's Run4Recycling 5k Run & Kids Race immediately followed by Fort Bliss MWR's String Fling in the same location!
- 0730: Event Day Registration / Check-in
- 0845: Welcome speech
- 0900: 5k Race begins (Intersection of Willard Holbrook Rd & Pershing Rd)
- 0930: 0.5 mile Kids Race begins (Ages 8-12; parents can accompany their children)
- 0945: 0.25 mile Kids Race begins (Ages 4-7; parents can accompany their children)
- 1000: String Fling begins and Kids Race winners announced
- 1015: Recycle Hero Announcement
- Free kites for the first 300 peoples
- Jump on the Inflatables
- Chow down at the food trucks
- 1200: Prize drawing begins
- 1300: Event ends
*** FORT BLISS WEEKEND EVENTS & ACTIVITIES: 31MAR-02APR ***
Looking for something to do this weekend? Here's a roundup of all of the events and activities happening on post!
- 31MAR - Border Rumble Boxing Smoker at Stout PFC 1800-2200
- 31MAR - Bliss is Back Bowling Tournament at Desert Strike Lanes 1100-2000
- 01APR - Outdoor Rec: Kids Day on the Wall at Soldier Activity Center 1200-1600
- 01APR - Parents Day Out (Saturday Childcare at Milam CDC & SAS) 1300-2200
- 01-09APR - Easter Hunt Shoot at Rod & Gun Club
- 02APR - Outdoor Rec: Kids Day on the Wall at Soldier Activity Center 1200-1600
Get details on these events and other Fort Bliss events happening this month by visiting the Bliss Is Back page. #BlissIsBack #QualityOfLife
*** ATTN: OFFICIAL CHANGE TO ACP HOURS 30 JAN 2023 ***
The Fort Bliss Senior Commander has authorized adjustments to Installation Access Control Points (ACPs) based on a deliberate analysis of regulatory & guard requirements, vehicle utilization of gates, and force protection measures. The Directorate of Emergency Services will continue to analyze adjustments to traffic patterns and may recommend further changes within the next 30 days.
Fort Bliss will return CSM Barreras ACP to operations on 30 January 2023 with hours between 5 AM - 9 PM (MON - FRI). This change will simultaneously affect hours at Chaffee ACP, Sheridan ACP, and Minue ACP on 30 January 2023.
- Chaffee ACP will cease weekend operations, but it will continue to operate between 5 AM - 9 PM (MON - FRI). Commercial truck traffic will use Buffalo Soldiers ACP to access Fort Bliss on the weekends.
- Sheridan ACP will adjust its weekday operations to occur between 5 AM - 5 PM (MON - FRI), which is a four hour reduction from its previous stop time of 9 PM.
- Minue ACP will extend outbound only traffic to occur between 4 PM - 8 PM (MON - FRI), which is a two hour extension from its previous stop time of 6 PM.
*** ATTN: FORT BLISS COMMANDING GENERAL ANNOUNCEMENT ***
By now, most Americans have either received a COVID-19 vaccine or developed natural immunity against the disease. The Fort Bliss community was exceptionally well protected from the spread of COVID-19 this winter, resulting in minimal transmission rates. As such, the Commanding General rescinded the Thirteenth Amended Fort Bliss Work Safe, Live Safe Order. After nearly three years of living with COVID, Bliss is Back and stronger than ever!
Click here and here to see infographics that summarize DOD Force Health Protection Guidance measures that remain in effect to reduce the risk and respond should conditions change.
For more info on how #BlissIsBack, please visit home.army.mil/bliss/index.php/my-fort/Bliss-Is-Back
Tuesday May 16, 2023
Monday April 3, 2023
CRISIS & EMERGENCY CONTACTS
Commanding General Hotline, (915) 744-2010
- Emergency, 911
- Emergency Room, WBAMC, (915) 742-4055
◦ Fire, (915) 744-1283
◦ Military Police, (915) 744-2115
- 24/7 Child Abuse Hotline, (915) 549-2199
- 24/7 Child Abuse Hotline, 1-800-252-5400
- 24/7 Domestic Violence Hotline: (915) 269-2013
American Red Cross:
- Fort Bliss, (915) 568-4898
American Red Cross Emergency, (877) 272-7337
Army Emergency Relief, (915) 744-2559
- Fort Bliss SHARP 24/7, (915) 245-8991
- DOD Safe Helpline, (877) 995-5247
- 1BCT/DIVARTY, (915) 742-9326
- 2BCT, (915) 742-1782
- 3BCT, (915) 744-1499
- 1AD CAB/1AD SB/HHBN, (915) 742-1022
Chaplain 24/7 On-Call, (915) 637-4265
Equal Opportunity (Military) 24/7, (915) 726-1294
Explosive Ordnance Disposal, (915) 568-8905
Fort Bliss Operations Center 24/7, (915) 744-1254
- National Suicide Prevention Lifeline, 988
- Veterans Crisis Line, (800) 273-8255 (Press 1)
- El Paso Crisis Line, (915) 779-1800
- 24/7 Chaplain Line, (915) 637-4265
School Support Services (School Liaison)