Office Hours

Mon-Fri: 8:00 a.m.-4:30 p.m. (last appointment at 4:00 p.m.)
3rd Wed of the month: Closed 8:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m.
Federal Holidays: Closed

Phone number: 410-306-2404

Scheduling an Online Appointment

For all CAC appointments: CAC - RAPIDS Appointment Scheduler

This system will allow customers to make an appointment or reschedule or cancel an existent appointment. you will receive an immediate an email confirmation of your scheduled appointment. please print a copy of this notice for your information and as a reminder of your appointment.

Walk-In/Unscheduled Appointments

Walk-ins are seen on a first come, first serve basis. Walk-Ins are for issuing identification CAC that no-longer working, PIN-Resets, Military family members and retirees, and soldiers in-processing.

Procedures for walk-in, unscheduled and emergency appointments are as follows:

  • Take a ticket from ticket machine located in the first floor main lobby
  • Wait for your number to be displayed on one of the Q-Matic screens located in each corner of the lobby
  • When your number is displayed, proceed to the CAC/ID Office for further assistance

Emergency Walk-In Appointments
Emergency cases requiring same-day service must provide documentation to substantiate the emergency request. Emergency requests include lost CAC, PIN resets, reading errors, encrypting errors, inoperable CAC, incorrect email certificates, etc.

For Lost or Stolen CAC/ID Cards
Private through Staff Sergeant: complete a Counseling Statement (DA Form 4856) signed by their First Sergeant or Commander
Sergeant First Class and above: complete and sign their own Counseling Statement (DA Form 4856).

Marines, Navy and Air Force personnel will have a memorandum signed off by their First Sergeant or Commander.

Government Civilian Personnel: Report lost/stolen instance to the Civilian Personnel Advisory Center, Building 4504 as well as the administrative technician for their organization. The approving authority will prepare the appropriate memorandum for reissuance of CAC.

Contractor personnel: notify their trusted agent of their lost/stolen ID card and obtain a memorandum stating the contractor has reported the lost or stolen ID card.

Military Family Members/Retirees Identification Cards/DEERS Updates

Served on a walk-in basis, issuance of an ID card or ID Card/DEERS services for a military family member, the Military sponsor must be present to sign the Application for Uniformed Services Identification Card DEERS enrollment (DD Form 1172) to authorize the issuance of the ID Card. Sponsors may provide the adult family member with either a general power of attorney or a special power of attorney for ID Card/DEERS services to authorize the family member to update the DEERS database or to sign the DD Form 1172 on the sponsor’s behalf.

Alternate ID Facilities in Maryland

Fort George G. Meade: 301-677-9586

National Guard Headquarters (Baltimore): 410-702-8050

Air National Guard, 175th Wing (Baltimore): 410-918-6698

New ID Card Rules and Procedures

During the CAC issuance process, all personnel- authorized civilians, contractors, and Military personnel, retirees, and their family members ages 18 and older- seeking to renew or replace a military id card will need to present two forms of id in their original form to verify a claimed identity.

The identity source documents must come from the list of acceptable documents included in Employment Eligibility Verification, Form I-9 (OMB No. 115-0136). Consistent with applicable law, at least one document from the Form I-9 list shall be a valid (unexpired) state or federal government-issued picture id list below. The identity documents will be inspected for authenticity and scanned and stored into the database maintained by the Defense Manpower Data Center (DMDC).

















Issuance of Identification Material

All military, government civilian and contractor personnel requiring either the initial issuance or the reissuance of the CAC based on expiration of their current CAC can schedule an appointment through the appointment scheduler or by calling 410-306-2404, DSN: 458-2404 for an appointment.

Contractor personnel are required to complete the necessary trusted associate sponsorship system input and approval through their trusted agent prior to scheduling an appointment. Appointments can be made 90 days prior to expiration.

All personnel must bring their unexpired CAC and one additional form of unexpired identification listed below.

  • Driver's license
  • State ID
  • Social Security card
  • Passport
  • Voter's registration card
  • Birth certificate
  • Current School ID


Note: Government supervisors will schedule their new hires to be issued a CAC on first Wednesday of in-processing. Contractors are required to have completed the trusted associate sponsorship system input and approval process through their trusted agent prior to requesting an appointment.

DA Civilian Identification Card, DA Form 1602: All Government Civilian, Contractor and authorized Civilian personnel will schedule an appointment for issuance of the DA Form 1602 by calling 410-306-2328/2404, DSN: 458-2328/2404. Prior to scheduling an appointment the Civilian Personnel Advisory Center (CPAC) Human Resources or Contract Officer Representative or the authorized authenticating officer will complete the form then mail it to

All Army DoD personnel must have a registered Army Knowledge Online (AKO) e-mail account established.