Personnel Security - apply standards and criteria used to determine whether or not an individual is eligible for access to classified information, qualified for assignment to or retention in sensitive duties, and suitable for acceptance and retention in the total Army consistent with national security interests.
Information Security - is the practice of defending information from unauthorized access, use, disclosure, disruption, modification, perusal, inspection, recording or destruction. It is a general term that can be used regardless of the form the data may take.
Industrial Security - responsible for implementing the installation or unit industrial security program, and for providing oversight of contractors who perform classified contractual activities on Army installations or within activities in order to ensure compliance with governing security regulations.
Security Education - assist Commanders in establishing and implementing an effective security education program as required by regulatory guidance. Provide guidance for establishing procedures to ensure that all persons handling classified material are properly cleared and “need to know” is verified.
The purpose of the training is:
- To ensure personnel are aware of the roles they are expected to play in the information security program
- The importance of their fulfilling their responsibilities;
- That they have enough information to fulfill those responsibilities.
- Background Investigation Submission
- Foreign Travel Reporting
- Clearance verification
- Courier Briefings
- Marking, Storing and Transmission of Classified
- Fingerprinting for background investigations (* Official Government Business)
- Staff Assistance Visits
Most importantly, the Security Office is available to answer your security related questions and assist the workforce.